ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ladybirds coach dismissed

My post was worded as a question. There is a question mark at the end of it. It was not an accusation. The attached intro to cops was for humorous effect. Glad the naughty list bit is what made you laugh though. You seem like a guy who could use a little joy.

On a more personal side note, you also seem like a guy who needs some new hobbies. 40,000 posts on this site alone. One man protests over university staff firings. Watching baseball practices. What a waste of time.

I retired early a few years ago myself. Took 6 months to finish all the house projects, painting and garage clean out I promised to do. Then I had a lot of free time on my hands. I joined the YMCA and started taking some fitness classes. Started loosing weight and feeling better with more energy. I always wanted to learn guitar. Used to play trumpet (5th grade through high school) so already knew some basic theory, counting and so forth. Bought a guitar and started with you tube videos for the basics. Still not great but I can get through a couple dozen of the old songs I like thanks to a website called ultimate guitar with lyrics and chords to lots of songs posted by site users.

Which brings me to this closing thought as I enjoy morning coffee before a little house cleaning and guitar practice. Before a spin class at the Y at 2:00. Life is too short to get drug into arguments on the internet with people you have never met. Self appointed internet judges and litigators craving arguments for self validation or maybe even just simple human interaction. Especially when its clear from their past statements you disagree with them on just about everything. You can add me to the list of people who simply won't be responding to your posts any more. Even if you put it in a little box on your post to single me out or illicit a response.
Beautiful!
My post was worded as a question. There is a question mark at the end of it. It was not an accusation. The attached intro to cops was for humorous effect. Glad the naughty list bit is what made you laugh though. You seem like a guy who could use a little joy.

On a more personal side note, you also seem like a guy who needs some new hobbies. 40,000 posts on this site alone. One man protests over university staff firings. Watching baseball practices. What a waste of time.

I retired early a few years ago myself. Took 6 months to finish all the house projects, painting and garage clean out I promised to do. Then I had a lot of free time on my hands. I joined the YMCA and started taking some fitness classes. Started loosing weight and feeling better with more energy. I always wanted to learn guitar. Used to play trumpet (5th grade through high school) so already knew some basic theory, counting and so forth. Bought a guitar and started with you tube videos for the basics. Still not great but I can get through a couple dozen of the old songs I like thanks to a website called ultimate guitar with lyrics and chords to lots of songs posted by site users.

Which brings me to this closing thought as I enjoy morning coffee before a little house cleaning and guitar practice. Before a spin class at the Y at 2:00. Life is too short to get drug into arguments on the internet with people you have never met. Self appointed internet judges and litigators craving arguments for self validation or maybe even just simple human interaction. Especially when its clear from their past statements you disagree with them on just about everything. You can add me to the list of people who simply won't be responding to your posts any more. Even if you put it in a little box on your post to single me out or illicit a response.
Beautiful! As a casual reader and rare poster, I could not agree more based on my limited observations. Life is too short and time too precious to commit fandom and self- aggrandization into such a vacuous OC legacy. We all have our unique passions in life and often to the curiosity and wonderment of others. It’s our right.

But certainly to your point; there are those occasions when the choices some make for the use of large amounts of our limited time cause us to simply shake our heads in wonder and say,
“Damn, what a useless waste!”

Nuff Said.

As hard as Sharp was reportedly on his dancers, you could find someone willing to file a complaint cause they had an axe to grind. Especially right now its a lot easier to argue abuse than financial misconduct. At some point you'd have to have a paper trail to show misconduct.

I'll ask you, where is the evidence that Tyra fired Sharp without reason to do so? He also resigned from Floyd Central, did Tyra force him to do that also? Are you arguing that Jurich was allowing Sharp to embezzle money and was okay with it? I'd hope not cause then Jurich's firing would start to look a lot more warranted in my eyes.
So is that a hypothetical complaint or an actual complaint? Is someone "willing" or did someone do it?

"Vince" fired Sharp for what he believes is misconduct. And his is just one side of the story. Have we heard an admission from Sharp about what he was doing (or not) at U of L? Do we know what constituted "embezzlement" then and today?

And is it the same process that led to a U of L investigation of sexual misconduct by Jurich--a guy who eventually caused U of L to backtrack and pay him $7 million?

Answers, please...

On a more personal side note, you also seem like a guy who needs some new hobbies. 40,000 posts on this site alone. One man protests over university staff firings. Watching baseball practices. What a waste of time...
Message board posters giving advice on wasting time is comedy in itself. And I'm sure Dan McDonnell endorses your POV.
...I retired early a few years ago ...Blah Blah Blah... You can add me to the list of people who simply won't be responding to your posts any more. Even if you put it in a little box on your post to single me out or illicit a response.
I'm not sure what gave you or anyone else the impression that I was interested in your opinions, much less your personal life. To clarify, I asked you for EVIDENCE. And obviously, you don't have any.

Feel free to amuse or fascinate someone else with your life story. I do welcome more comic relief on what constitutes wasted time; that would involve your opinion... :D

So is that a hypothetical complaint or an actual complaint? Is someone "willing" or did someone do it?

"Vince" fired Sharp for what he believes is misconduct. And his is just one side of the story. Have we heard an admission from Sharp about what he was doing (or not) at U of L? Do we know what constituted "embezzlement" then and today?

And is it the same process that led to a U of L investigation of sexual misconduct by Jurich--a guy who eventually caused U of L to backtrack and pay him $7 million?

Answers, please...

You either took money that wasnt yours or you didn’t. You can ignore the fact that Sharp also resigned from floyd central all you want but it looks like there is a lot of fire behind Sharp getting fired if Jurich was knowingly allowing Sharp to steal from the school then he deserved to be fired.

Tyra didnt fire Jurich. Postel did who isnt even here anymore. As us having to pay Petrino showed, you don’t have to not deserve to be fired in order to get a contract settlement. Unfortunately lack of persformance is not a valid reason somehow to void a contract in college athletics.

You either took money that wasnt yours or you didn’t. You can ignore the fact that Sharp also resigned from floyd central all you want but it looks like there is a lot of fire behind Sharp getting fired if Jurich was knowingly allowing Sharp to steal from the school then he deserved to be fired.

Tyra didnt fire Jurich. Postel did who isnt even here anymore. As us having to pay Petrino showed, you don’t have to not deserve to be fired in order to get a contract settlement. Unfortunately lack of persformance is not a valid reason somehow to void a contract in college athletics.
"Took money" is an eye-of-the-beholder observation. It sounds like you don't know exactly how Sharp was compensated before "Vince" showed up. Until you do, you don't know what U of L's arrangement was with him.

And it doesn't matter who was in charge at U of L... The school fired Jurich, walked that back, and gave him $7 million. That guy was allegedly a sexual predator...

"Took money" is an eye-of-the-beholder observation. It sounds like you don't know exactly how Sharp was compensated before "Vince" showed up. Until you do, you don't know what U of L's arrangement was with him.

And it doesn't matter who was in charge at U of L... The school fired Jurich, walked that back, and gave him $7 million. That guy was allegedly a sexual predator...

Were there other payment streams for Sharp outside of his regular salary? So the university may be wrong in its termination of him? Please expound on this. We are only hearing one side. Now if this the time to provide the other side with this...seems like you have special insight.

Were there other payment streams for Sharp outside of his regular salary? So the university may be wrong in its termination of him? Please expound on this. We are only hearing one side. Now if this the time to provide the other side with this...seems like you have special insight.
I don't know anything except what Sharp's critics don't know or aren't disclosing. U of L presented one side of a story, and no one here has linked any evidence backing up their allegations. I haven't even seen evidence that Sharp was paid a salary by U of L...

You mean there's another side to the story besides "Vince" paranoia?...

LINK

My wife is a former ladybird. Sharp was the Spirit Coor. when she was there. After a Ladybird carwash he claimed his car was broke into and the money was stolen. Coincidence?

I talked to a Ladybird alumnae a few days ago. To paraphrase she said “Todd is awesome person and coach. He is also one of the most disorganized people I know. I’d be shocked if he did anything illegal but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he wasn’t following correct procedures”.

I talked to a Ladybird alumnae a few days ago. To paraphrase she said “Todd is awesome person and coach. He is also one of the most disorganized people I know. I’d be shocked if he did anything illegal but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he wasn’t following correct procedures”.

To be fair, Sharp may have been listed as “coach” but he did zero coaching as far as the ladybirds are concerned, that honor goes to Sheryl Knight, who choreographed the dances. I really don’t know about sharp’s involvements with the cheer side, but Sheryl Knight has been and is the true coach of the ladybirds and is 100% the reason behind all of their championships.

To be fair, Sharp may have been listed as “coach” but he did zero coaching as far as the ladybirds are concerned, that honor goes to Sheryl Knight, who choreographed the dances. I really don’t know about sharp’s involvements with the cheer side, but Sheryl Knight has been and is the true coach of the ladybirds and is 100% the reason behind all of their championships.

Yes, that’s what she told me as well. Sharp is the out front person.

The only thing worse than following Jurich would be following Sharp and his 18 national championships or whatever ridiculous number it was.

We'll find out pretty soon how important Sharp was to those results just like we're finding out where "Vince" stacks up...

The only thing worse than following Jurich would be following Sharp and his 18 national championships or whatever ridiculous number it was.

We'll find out pretty soon how important Sharp was to those results just like we're finding out where "Vince" stacks up...

You obviously don’t get dance. To anyone that follows dance at all, the credit goes to the choreographer. Sharp did not choreograph, nor even have a hand in choreographing one single nat championship routine. Hell, through some of those championships he wasn’t even the coach, he was the “Spirit Coordinator.” Sheryl Knight was the choreographer, not Sharp, the credit goes to her. We’ll see how it plays out. One thing is for sure, the girls who work so hard at fundraising will certainly reap the rewards.

You obviously don’t get dance. To anyone that follows dance at all, the credit goes to the choreographer. Sharp did not choreograph, nor even have a hand in choreographing one single nat championship routine. Hell, through some of those championships he wasn’t even the coach, he was the “Spirit Coordinator.” Sheryl Knight was the choreographer, not Sharp, the credit goes to her. We’ll see how it plays out. One thing is for sure, the girls who work so hard at fundraising will certainly reap the rewards.
My wife's niece just graduated from UC and their dance team, and was part of their championship squads. She also went to Floyd Central. My wife and her sister followed the niece's career every step of the way incl. their national and international competitions.

They're all huge Todd Sharp fans and don't credit anyone for the majority of his success. I've also met a number of the parents of these young women. I'm not a big cheer/dance fan myself, but I'll take the word of people I know on this subject over message board posters...

Reactions: PHCARD
My wife's niece just graduated from UC and their dance team, and was part of their championship squads. She also went to Floyd Central. My wife and her sister followed the niece's career every step of the way incl. their national and international competitions.

They're all huge Todd Sharp fans and don't credit anyone for the majority of his success. I've also met a number of the parents of these young women. I'm not a big cheer/dance fan myself, but I'll take the word of people I know on this subject over message board posters...

Well what I was told yesterday and if it’s true Sharp is on his way to jail. And what my source said Sharp was the face but the coach running the show now was actually the brains behind the scene. And it’s not just the University that blew the lid off this thing.

We will see whose right. I’m more concerned if true how this went on without being caught earlier. If true and it is an IF then I’ll have serious questions about TJ and his management of the program. But it has to be proven. And if what I’m hearing is true there’s lots of proof. We will see.

Okay so your niece danced for Planet Dance. Probably was big into Pom, as that is the big thing over at Planet Dance. You don’t have to trust my word, I really don’t care. I’ll have you know though, Sheryl Knight is also at Planet Dance. Ask around man, I’m not making this stuff up. I’ve been around it for years, didn’t go to Disney til I was an adult and now have been over 10+ years for UDA. Sharp did not choreograph those dances, although he is responsible for building Planet Dance up, so kudos to him for that. But what does it matter if the guy was robbing money from the team he “coached?”

Reactions: JASUN74

Okay so your niece danced for Planet Dance. Probably was big into Pom, as that is the big thing over at Planet Dance. You don’t have to trust my word, I really don’t care. I’ll have you know though, Sheryl Knight is also at Planet Dance. Ask around man, I’m not making this stuff up. I’ve been around it for years, didn’t go to Disney til I was an adult and now have been over 10+ years for UDA. Sharp did not choreograph those dances, although he is responsible for building Planet Dance up, so kudos to him for that. But what does it matter if the guy was robbing money from the team he “coached?”

You are right on the mark. Sharp was the face and only the face according to my source, which was pretty darn close. So I believe you 100%.

Any high achiever is gonna pi$$ people off. If that's who you're talking to, that's what you're gonna hear.

So tell me... Did you guys speak to anyone--or their parents--who successfully went all the way thru Sharp's programs? I wanna understand where you're getting your info.

And if Knight was so instrumental to the squads' performance, why did she work under Sharp for so many years--while he took all of the credit--instead of striking out on her own? Defies logic...

You are right on the mark. Sharp was the face and only the face according to my source, which was pretty darn close. So I believe you 100%.

I appreciate it, but really I’m only stating all of this because I think it was a good move for UofL to cut ties with this guy. I’ve met him a few times, he always rubbed me the wrong way. The first time I met him my wife introduced us. He said to me “are you a child molester?” Hey, my wife is barely 5’ amd petite and I’m 6’3 250, so I guess that’s what he was getting at, but we’re the same age...who says that when they meet someone the first time? I’m just not a fan of his.

Any high achiever is gonna pi$$ people off. If that's who you're talking to, that's what you're gonna hear.

So tell me... Did you guys speak to anyone--or their parents--who successfully went all the way thru Sharp's programs? I wanna understand where you're getting your info.

And if Knight was so instrumental to the squads' performance, why did she work under Sharp for so many years--while he took all of the credit--instead of striking out on her own? Defies logic...

My wife was a Ladybird, they practiced at planet dance, she was on a nat champ UofL dance team. My wife is still in the dance world. She doesn’t dog the guy, however, she did say after a car wash one time he claimed the funds were stolen from his car. Does that make him guilty? No, but it is an extraordinary coincidence with the new info.

As far as Sheryl Knight, ask any dancer that danced at UofL or Planet Dance (this includes Floyd Central as to that is where they practice and compete in All Stars and Studio Dance) they will tell you Sheryl Knight was the coach, she choreographs the dances, I can’t stress that enough due to that is the creative side of dancing, that is where dances are won. Dancing is judged subjectively, so choreography and technique are what wins, and Sharp had zero to do with either of those things.

My wife was a Ladybird, they practiced at planet dance, she was on a nat champ UofL dance team. My wife is still in the dance world. She doesn’t dog the guy, however, she did say after a car wash one time he claimed the funds were stolen from his car. Does that make him guilty? No, but it is an extraordinary coincidence with the new info.

As far as Sheryl Knight, ask any dancer that danced at UofL or Planet Dance (this includes Floyd Central as to that is where they practice and compete in All Stars and Studio Dance) they will tell you Sheryl Knight was the coach, she choreographs the dances, I can’t stress that enough due to that is the creative side of dancing, that is where dances are won. Dancing is judged subjectively, so choreography and technique are what wins, and Sharp had zero to do with either of those things.
Did your wife leave the Ladybirds having run out her college eligibility? Or did she leave under other circumstances, and what were those? Why doesn't she "dog the guy"?

Even if true, that didn't answer my question re. Knight... Why would an AA woman work for years under a politically incorrect guy who hogged the spotlight, stole the teams' money, and added little in the way of true coaching? Makes no sense when Knight could have made good on her own. And from your description, many of Sharp's student-dancers would have followed her.

Something doesn't make sense based on what I've witnessed myself. And speaking of coincidences, it's remarkable that this situation surfaces under a new AD with respect to a former U of L coach who had strong allegiances to the old AD. Sharp is simply the latest guy to go down; well, not all the way down--yet...

Last edited:
Did your wife leave the Ladybirds having run out her college eligibility? Or did she leave under other circumstances, and what were those? Why doesn't she "dog the guy"?

Even if true, that didn't answer my question re. Knight... Why would an AA woman work for years under a politically incorrect guy who hogged the spotlight, stole the teams' money, and added little in the way of true coaching? Makes no sense when Knight could have made good on her own. And from your description, many of Sharp's student-dancers would have followed her.

Something doesn't make sense based on what I've witnessed myself. And speaking of coincidences, it's remarkable that this situation surfaces under a new AD with respect to a former U of L coach who had strong allegiances to the old AD. Sharp is simply the latest guy to go down; well, not all the way down--yet...

He’s basically offereing a 1st hand account. I offered a solid second hand account that mirrors that first hand account. It’s obvious that you don’t actually care, again you just want to argue and feed your narrative.

I have no ties to this discussion but only ask this. If the guy was part of this for 14, 18 or 19 Championships, why is it that all of a sudden, he’s become dishonest? Surely he has a history or demonstrated a trend. Why has he been retained for so long without previous concerns? Didn’t he have other opportunities to take advantage of his position? Did the reality TV show become a factor?

I really have to question the timing of the situation and the reasoning?

Reactions: zipp

She danced for three years then graduated, and she doesnt dog the guy because normal people dont go around talking about people without cause. Judging from her past statements about him id say most of his dancers liked him.

As far as getting an answer to the question about why Sheryl Knight stuck with Sharp, you’d have to ask her. It does not factor in one bit though when you say that “it makes no sense when Knight could have made good on her own.” Maybe Knight is a shy person, maybe she doesnt want that much attention. Ill tell you one thing though, i guarantee she knows in her mind that he had zero to do with choreographing all those nat champ winning dances.

As far as the timing of Sharp’s firing for “fiscal misconduct” and Tyra’s employment, it could only mean one thing, he got caught under Tyra’s watch, that’s it, nothing funny going on here besides Sharp funneling himself money. Hell, maybe you should give Tyra’s admin credit for finding his theft instead of trying to make it look like Tyra concocted some wild plan to get the Spirit Coordinator fired.

Last edited:

Has nothing to do with pissing people off has everything to do with taking $$$$. Kills me how you whine over and over about spending money and when possible fraud/stealing has been uncovered you’re right to their defense. It blows your credibility right out of the water.

I appreciate it, but really I’m only stating all of this because I think it was a good move for UofL to cut ties with this guy. I’ve met him a few times, he always rubbed me the wrong way. The first time I met him my wife introduced us. He said to me “are you a child molester?” Hey, my wife is barely 5’ amd petite and I’m 6’3 250, so I guess that’s what he was getting at, but we’re the same age...who says that when they meet someone the first time? I’m just not a fan of his.

Very strange indeed.

She danced for three years then graduated, and she doesnt dog the guy because normal people dont go around talking about people without cause. Judging from her past statements about him id say most of his dancers liked him.

As far as getting an answer to the question about why Sheryl Knight stuck with Sharp, you’d have to ask her. It does not factor in one bit though when you say that “it makes no sense when Knight could have made good on her own.” Maybe Knight is a shy person, maybe she doesnt want that much attention. Ill tell you one thing though, i guarantee she knows in her mind that he had zero to do with choreographing all those nat champ winning dances.

As far as the timing of Sharp’s firing for “fiscal misconduct” and Tyra’s employment, it could only mean one thing, he got caught under Tyra’s watch, that’s it, nothing funny going on here besides Sharp funneling himself money. Hell, maybe you should give Tyra’s admin credit instead of trying to concoct some wild plan to get the Spirit Coordinator fired.

This is my take. Vince has conducted audits on all programs as he should have. And if true Sharp got caught. How long has this been going on? And Sharps attorney (The infamous Wilder) made a statement that Sharp didn’t understand the policy. Do you really have to state one will not steal or embezzle money? Nope Vince did his job. The only question if true, did TJ?

Reactions: JASUN74 and Art79
This is my take. Vince has conducted audits on all programs as he should have. And if true Sharp got caught. How long has this been going on? And Sharps attorney (The infamous Wilder) made a statement that Sharp didn’t understand the policy. Do you really have to state one will not steal or embezzle money? Nope Vince did his job. The only question if true, did TJ?

I believe Tom had no idea this was going on, no way he would have put up with fiscal misconduct. I honestly think this was just a good find by the administration, smaller amounts of money could be covered up pretty easily, hell look at Bernie Madoff, that guy was covering up moving millions and his scheme went on for at least 20 years. Maybe TJ just built up so much trust for his coaches over the years, hell maybe that’s one reason they adored him so much as a boss, and Tyra on the other hand could be going through each program with a fine tooth comb. Of course im just speculating.

He’s basically offereing a 1st hand account. I offered a solid second hand account that mirrors that first hand account. It’s obvious that you don’t actually care, again you just want to argue and feed your narrative.
You always question your sources. Sharp made enemies like most successful people do. Those are issues I "care" about...

She danced for three years then graduated, and she doesnt dog the guy because normal people dont go around talking about people without cause. Judging from her past statements about him id say most of his dancers liked him...
Good to know. My experience as well.
...As far as getting an answer to the question about why Sheryl Knight stuck with Sharp, you’d have to ask her. It does not factor in one bit though when you say that “it makes no sense when Knight could have made good on her own.” Maybe Knight is a shy person, maybe she doesnt want that much attention. Ill tell you one thing though, i guarantee she knows in her mind that he had zero to do with choreographing all those nat champ winning dances...
Every good coach has good assistants. I'm not disputing that Knight was one of those. I'm disputing what's behind his character assassination in threads like this one based on other factors in play. If "maybe" is what we're working with, we don't have much either way in a society where you're still presumed innocent until proven guilty.
...As far as the timing of Sharp’s firing for “fiscal misconduct” and Tyra’s employment, it could only mean one thing, he got caught under Tyra’s watch, that’s it, nothing funny going on here besides Sharp funneling himself money. Hell, maybe you should give Tyra’s admin credit for finding his theft instead of trying to make it look like Tyra concocted some wild plan to get the Spirit Coordinator fired.
Well, it could mean a lot more than that. It could just as easily mean that what was OK under Jurich ain't OK under "Vince". If so, that's in part on the guy that the clown show just paid $7 million to...

Has nothing to do with pissing people off has everything to do with taking $$$$. Kills me how you whine over and over about spending money and when possible fraud/stealing has been uncovered you’re right to their defense. It blows your credibility right out of the water.
The issue isn't your take on my credibility. The issue is "Vince" doesn't know how to RAISE money. He thinks saving and chiseling and auditing are other means to an end. He's saving hundreds or thousands while missing out on millions.

And that's WITHOUT an ulterior motive like rooting out the remaining support of Jurich. "Vince" is paranoid, and he doesn't understand how his paranoia and response affect other bases of support. To use his boss's rhetoric, he "doesn't get it".
I think it's entirely possible that Jurich allowed this to go on as a way of compensating Sharp without a contract. If so, that's not on Sharp. That's on Jurich and the people who "retired" him without knowing important details...

I believe Tom had no idea this was going on, no way he would have put up with fiscal misconduct. I honestly think this was just a good find by the administration, smaller amounts of money could be covered up pretty easily, hell look at Bernie Madoff, that guy was covering up moving millions and his scheme went on for at least 20 years. Maybe TJ just built up so much trust for his coaches over the years, hell maybe that’s one reason they adored him so much as a boss, and Tyra on the other hand could be going through each program with a fine tooth comb. Of course im just speculating.

I agree it had to do with to much trust. I didn’t mean to imply that he was overlooking it. No way he would have done that.

The issue isn't your take on my credibility. The issue is "Vince" doesn't know how to RAISE money. He thinks saving and chiseling and auditing are other means to an end. He's saving hundreds or thousands while missing out on millions.

And that's WITHOUT an ulterior motive like rooting out the remaining support of Jurich. "Vince" is paranoid, and he doesn't understand how his paranoia and response affect other bases of support. To use his boss's rhetoric, he "doesn't get it".
I think it's entirely possible that Jurich allowed this to go on as a way of compensating Sharp without a contract. If so, that's not on Sharp. That's on Jurich and the people who "retired" him without knowing important details...

Vince paranoid.....I don’t think so and also I do not agree TJ would overlook embezzlement. Just no way. Because if he did that would have given the University “Cause” in his firing. Geez

"Embezzlement" is rhetoric. And it's one side of a story, even if it's a story you wanna believe...

Chevelle99, I just had to tell you that I really appreciate and enjoyed reading your post here. It’s so very true and most the time people don’t understand it, until it’s too late. I must tell you that I’m a Kentucky fan from birth and will always be a Cats fan, but it’s only a game and we all should look at life the way you’re describing.

I’m sure there’s a few from both our fan bases that don’t like each other. Actually I know their few. Haha. But to me, That’s just about the dumbest thing ever. Lol. We’re all human beings trying to make life as good as possible, and it just so happens, with sports, my life is more enjoyable. But being a Kentuckian and an Good American, is more important to me than arguing about some sports games, and being too serious about it, and fighting with our own brothers and sisters from the same state!

I get called out sometimes for wanting Louisville to be a great program, I mean I’ve been hammered. Haha. I don’t care though, because I believe this State is better when both our teams are doing well and competing at the highest level. We all walk a little taller, are proud and happy, and if people don’t like that, it doesn’t matter to me one bit.

Of course being a KY fan, I always want the best everyone else, not just you guys. Lol. We do have a great rivalry though for sure and I think it’s the best in the country, but what makes it so great to me is, not the people who hat each other, but the people who like and respect each other! I know several families that wait all year long for our games for bragging rights. Lol. That’s the good parts of both fan bases.
As far as my opinion goes of Louisville, it’s a beautiful place and every single time I’ve been there and stayed a few days or just for the evening, I’ve been treated like I was family. Every time!! Now I’ve heard stories where people had bad experiences from both sides, but I’ve always had a great experience.

Anyway, I figure some will not like me posting this, but I honestly do hope you all the greatest success in all sports and life in general. For the ones that want to hate and be angry, I say read Chevelle99’s post, and really read into what it means. I really do try to think an live like you’re talking about for the last few years, and I hope everyone else can!! Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone, and second chances aren’t a given either, so just take more time to enjoy your life with people you love/like!!

Thanks everyone, and Chevelle99, I really did appreciate your post. I almost forgot to say, lol, Go Cats!! Haha. You all have a great rest of the day.

Message board posters giving advice on wasting time is comedy in itself. And I'm sure Dan McDonnell endorses your POV.

I'm not sure what gave you or anyone else the impression that I was interested in your opinions, much less your personal life. To clarify, I asked you for EVIDENCE. And obviously, you don't have any.

Feel free to amuse or fascinate someone else with your life story. I do welcome more comic relief on what constitutes wasted time; that would involve your opinion... :D

Hello Zipp! I’m fairly new here as far as posting, but have stopped by from time to time to see how everything is going and all. First, I want to say that I think you’re Program is heading in a fantastic direction, and I believe that UofL will be back in no time, in all sports and everything else. Second, I’d really love to know why you’re so mad about it? Well, maybe not mad, but frustrated may be the better word here?

Of course I know you don’t haft to answer anything if you don’t want to, and I’m honestly not trying to be a bad guy, I was just wondering! It’s obvious to me that you love Louisville sports, but just seems like you’re defending the past so much, you’re not looking to the future! You all have been though quite a bit lately I know, but things are getting better rather quickly, and to me it’s looking like the future is going to be awesome for Cards fans.

Any explanation as to why you don’t seem to like the New UofL, or is it, you Don’t want to give it a chance and miss the guys who are gone? I’m honestly wondering, why are you defending everyone that had anything to do with what has happened here,( are you and Tom related or best friends), instead of jumping on board with what’s going on now? Man you’re missing what could be, the most entertaining and exciting time in Louisville history!

Again, I know you don’t have to give me an answer, but maybe everyone could understand you better if you explain it, instead of just arguing with everybody! Thanks.. I really am interested because you seem like you went from Loving the Cards to Hating everyone New to the program. Anyway, thanks again.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
Hello Zipp!...It’s obvious to me that you love Louisville sports, but just seems like you’re defending the past so much, you’re not looking to the future!... Any explanation as to why you don’t seem to like the New UofL, or is it, you Don’t want to give it a chance and miss the guys who are gone?...
Let me correct your impression before I get into my outlook going forward...

For the sports I follow, there's PLENTY I like about U of L presently. I wouldn't change a thing about baseball and women's basketball, except maybe for facility upgrade/expansion in baseball. (Not that I know how "Vince" would pay for that anytime soon.) And I like Mack and Satterfield OK. I don't share the optimism of some fans over Mack, but he's in a good place to prove himself. I'm not blown away by what Brohm has accomplished, so Satterfield is good enough for me. Neither guy they replaced--Pitino/Petrino--was a good long term option. (Note: HOW you get rid of people matters.)

What I don't support at U of L presently is its leadership. They were brought in under questionable circumstances, and there's no evidence thus far that they will improve on their predecessors' accomplishments. In fact, there's evidence they won't. But it really doesn't matter that much whether I support leadership; they'll succeed or fail on their own. The only difference it makes is financial. I advise anyone who shares my concerns to continue supporting the coaches and players but withhold their financial support until these new people prove themselves...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT