ADVERTISEMENT

OT are you serious

VJ is disappointing, we can’t make FTs when they matter, and our tip in/lay up game is pathetic. Wow. Embarrassing.

Reactions: Deeva
Got to get mentally tougher. Bad calls or no bad calls, you have to play thru that stuff.

I like the direction the team is going in though. The post play was better, and we got shooters all over the place. The defense was better with less blown assignments tonight. This team is fun to watch play. I am enjoying these games a lot.

Go CARDS!!!

King shouldve hit the layup. Cunningham went 1/2 when he shouldve passed it to Nwora who is automatic. King shouldve hit the layup. That was literally an obvious 3 pointer and Klein asked them to review it, they said no. Oh, and King should’ve hit the layup.

Got to get mentally tougher. Bad calls or no bad calls, you have to play thru that stuff.

I like the direction the team is going in though. The post play was better, and we got shooters all over the place. The defense was better with less blown assignments tonight. This team is fun to watch play. I am enjoying these games a lot.

Go CARDS!!!
They are fun to watch but man that game was a frustrating one to lose. Offensively we are way, way better than I thought we would be.

Agree that VJ should have made the layup but the real issue is that Perry should not have taken that shot. A step back 3 and the game is tied?

I really like Perry but his decision making at times is terrible. At the worst he could have got something going to the basket.

Reactions: Deeva and Cue Card
Agree that VJ should have made the layup but the real issue is that Perry should not have taken that shot. A step back 3 and the game is tied?

I really like Perry but his decision making at times is terrible. At the worst he could have got something going to the basket.
Yeah that was a odd decision for sure. Got to remember he is a youngster still with a new head coach. He's a keeper though. He'll get better under coach Mack.

Alot of things they will learn from this loss that missing point was a major factor though. However this team should have put marquette away.

Akoy Agau showed some initiative out there today, and called out a couple teammates (Nwora in particular) for not switching when Marquette threw a quick inside pass into the post, and he was clearly out of position per usual. He also seems to be pretty strong, which we will need in the post this season. Williams sometime can get pushed around a little bit, even though he's bulked up a bit from last season. Enoch needs to wake up, and start demanding the ball like he was early in the season, sometimes he disappears, and that can't happen for our squad to have any bit of success. VJ thinks to much, and becomes timid on offense, which is insane to me considering how talented he is athletically, he can't go 3/10 or 2/10 for us to make any noise. Perry is a hell of a player, but as others have said, he needs to start making better decisions under pressure. Aside from that, I was impressed with Cunningham today, he showed great poise, and kept us fighting in the last 5-6 minutes, when we really started to lose any bit of lead we were holding on to. Perry and Cunningham need to play together/start, that combo with Nwora (who needs to learn how to pass and create offense aside from a dribble drive, pull up jumper or 3) or Sutton (who plays with a lot of heart, and makes smart decisions generally, tonight he made some bonehead plays down the stretch, just tends to get called on ticky tack fouls. With Agau and Enoch in the front court seems to be most effective. Malik needs to be utilized right. He played some good defense in some instances, then would get lost on other plays. Idk, we will be alright. This season is gonna have up's and down's, but overall it's been fun thus far. I believe we are a tourney team, it's still early, and we will click more and more after each game.

Oh, and our perimeter defense needs to step up and defend the 3 moreso. I've seen so many plays when we're playing zone, go for the double, and they dish it on a pick or hit a teammate for a corner 3. That's got to be an area of improvement. My lord, we make a great play, and hit a shot, and Marquette or Tenn for that matter come waltzing down the court, find us out of position on a dumb switch and they burn us with a tre. Frustrating.

Long year, but at least they compete which is a big first step. They just can't make key plays back to back down the stretch. They make a good offensive play then commit a silly foul. Marquette takes the lead and they immediately take a bad shot. At some point officiating will go their way or maybe not. The schedule will only help them down the road which may not be until next year.

They have to play great to even have a chance against a bunch of teams of the schedule. You can't miss uncontested lay ups against good teams. You can't miss a block out late in the game. You have to hit free throws. The other teams make these plays Louisiville hasn't for a while.

Reactions: Deeva
That 3 pointer was totally reviewable not a judgment call. A lot of bad calls but that one cost us the game. Should have ended 69-68 what bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT