ADVERTISEMENT

Onuaku

Nothing new there. Pitino has encouraged him to with the new rules. He'll at least find out where he stands.

Reactions: shadow force
He should. The new rule allows it without punishing him or pressuring him to make a decision before he gets the proper feed back from the NBA scouts. If they give him a thumbs up as a solid first rounder, then he should go make his money.

Reactions: shadow force
You're right. He's in the Euroleague averaging 12.9 ppg. I really don't know but maybe if he stayed another year he might still be in the NBA in the US. Maybe not. I just think that Onuaku would benefit from another year.

The biggest weakness I noticed about Onauku is something that might do him in. He is really weak on his lateral movement when it comes to his defense. In the big games this year players were able to blow by him with ease. Both Mahmoud and Stockman had better lateral movement than he had.
I wish him luck and I don't blame him for testing the waters. However, if he comes back next year or goes pro he really needs to work on his footwork to be better defensively.

I like this new rule - I think it really benefits the player. Nanu will likely get some great feedback from this, come back and improve with another year under Pitino. You guys should be excellent next year. Not looking forward to the game in the Yum center. I think you'll work us over.

hE AIN'T COMING BACK
I would reluctantly agree. Based on comments by scouts in other posts, he may not be first round but believe he is an early second rounder. I don't think that will pan out but if he has to make the decision based on a short time exposure at the combine, he may feel compelled to jump. Also, in the back of his mind has to be the risk of any additional sanction next year by NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT