ADVERTISEMENT

Onuaku- Mr. Versatility

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Wow, that was a fun game to watch.

I'm still so impressed with how much Onuaku has improved since just last season. He has gotten better in every aspect of the game and was a force out there against Syracuse. Rebounding, scoring, nice assists, blocking shots, directing defense, put backs, etc. Just doing it all out there. I really hope he is back next season because he is so solid- when avoiding foul trouble- in the middle for us. His 8th double-double in conference play, IIRC.

Last edited:
I think he will get a lot of positive feedback from the combine. Maybe not enough to leave but I wouldn't be surprised if a few teams try to convince him to come out.

8th double-double in conference play according to the announcers last night. He played very well and the reason we got to see it is he finished the game with just 2 fouls. He wasn't in foul trouble. He got to play 29 minutes last night which is 6 more minutes than he's averaged on the year.

8th double-double in conference play according to the announcers last night. He played very well and the reason we got to see it is he finished the game with just 2 fouls. He wasn't in foul trouble. He got to play 29 minutes last night which is 6 more minutes than he's averaged on the year.

Yeah exactly. When he doesn't get in foul trouble and is able to play some big minutes he can have a huge impact on games. I know before the season started there was very big question mark at the center position. I'm glad that Nanu has solidified that part of the front court in style. Now if he- and everyone else- comes back next season then UofL's 1,2, and 5 are set and the depth would once again be strong. Combine that with the incoming class and it could be a very special next year. ......Of course if there is another post season ban or something similar then throw everything I said out the window. However as of NOW I'm hopeful.

What I saw last night that was different but highly effective was we spread the 3 guards around the perimeter and set onuaku on the high post and JJ on the low post. Our guards didn't try to dribble and penetrate too much and by spreading the court allowed onuaku to get some big rebounds.

I think we are set at all 5 poistion next season
Q
Mitchell
Deng/King
Spaulding/Johnson
Nanu/Anas

They only Issue I see would be a backup at PG for Q. Other than that we are solid across the board. Mitchell and Nanu have the ability to be 2 of the top 10-20 players in college ball next year.

Q
Mitchell
Deng/King
Spaulding/Johnson
Nanu/Anas

They only Issue I see would be a backup at PG for Q. Other than that we are solid across the board. Mitchell and Nanu have the ability to be 2 of the top 10-20 players in college ball next year.

Right, if that's the line up - Watch Out!

It's the same group with a year's more of individual sessions, practice time, physical growth, maturity, synergy, etc. You replace Lee with a very capable and more athletic Deng/King combination and you replace Lewis with more Mitchell minutes. The only weakness is lack of depth at guard. Levitch might be first guard off the bench and he has proven he can spot a few minutes especially with another year under his belt. Overall, that's a killer stockpile of quality.

Q
Mitchell
Deng/King
Spaulding/Johnson
Nanu/Anas

5th year transfer Tony Hicks will help back up Q and Mitchell. Jay Henderson might get a bit more PT next year plus we'll have McMahon from Florida who is red shirting this year and true frosh Frankie Hughes. Levitch will be a senior too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT