ADVERTISEMENT

Only 1 Senior starter on both offense and defense

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
If I read the most recent published depth chart correctly; we only have 1 senior identified as a starter on the offensive side, and only one on the defensive side. I am not sure in the 55 years that I have followed UL football, that I have witnessed that before now. Looking further down the chart, there are very few seniors listed behind the starters. Not prepared to skip past this 2021 season, but just based on returning experience alone, it would suggest 2022 could be very special.

Yep; attrition caused by coaching changes will bite you hard in the you know what. We should remember how really young this team is going to be this year.

Not an excuse...just a fact sir/ma'am. Just the facts.

Why are excuses not allowed? Just see that in all conversations. The facts will support excuses in some instances.

Just cracks me up.

Other examples, injuries. No excuse. Next man up! Next man up might be a walk-on, etc.

Why are excuses not allowed? Just see that in all conversations. The facts will support excuses in some instances.

Just cracks me up.

Other examples, injuries. No excuse. Next man up! Next man up might be a walk-on, etc.
Seniors are not available in numbers but the sophomore and junior classes have significant playing time so I do not see the small number of seniors being a negative factor. Go Cards

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
It does indeed speak well for your future if your coach adds quality recruits now.

This is reason I'm cautious about this season and next. Bobby did leave us some talent in the 2019 & 2020 senior classes, but those recruits generally were from the 2015, 2016, and 2017 recruiting classes that were ranked #32, #36, and #39.

But then we have the year class of 2018, ranked #31 but ruined by Bobby and transfers. A non-existent 2019 & a 2020 class ranked #40 but mainly because of size. Not to mention jucos and other transfers sprinkled in there. Scott's rebuild started way behind due to the exodus of transfers and not being able to really have a 2019 class. We will feel those effects this year and next, BUT it will be good if these talented young guys get the experience and become big time by the 2023 and 2024 years when he finally has a full roster in his system.

It is hard to look to far into the future because I'm old.

That, and the HC here appeared to be attempting to leave after last year. It just kind of feels like he won't be around much longer. That doesn't mean I won't be supporting him while he is here, I will be. I understand a tenure avg is about 4 years these days. But he or his agent kind of screwed up after last year and for that, I just can't look too far ahead.

We see more teams where the talent tries to make the NFL jump as juniors.
General exception is the lines where that extra year of bulk helps.
Hard to blame kids with that 100% injury rate...the body only has so many hits in it and that's it.

Agreed this year that UofL is in a pivotal spot. Coach has to squash that "I'm leaving" vibe even if it's a successful season. A Change to a different philosophy is going to be another 2, 3 year retool.

It is hard to look to far into the future because I'm old.

That, and the HC here appeared to be attempting to leave after last year. It just kind of feels like he won't be around much longer. That doesn't mean I won't be supporting him while he is here, I will be. I understand a tenure avg is about 4 years these days. But he or his agent kind of screwed up after last year and for that, I just can't look too far ahead.
I feel the same way. I go year to year anymore.

I feel the same way. I go year to year anymore.
Really all any of us can do. None of us really "know" what kids are gonna do.
I never heard of Hawkins till he exploded for you guys. Bennie Snell was the third lowest rated recruit on UKs team...ahead of only Stephen Johnson and some 2.9 guy named Josh Allen.

Always someone new. Some just need the shot. Changes every single year.

Bill, people on your UK message board don't seem to like visitors. Why is that? You seem to nice to be a UK fan.

Lol....generational thing I guess. Seen a lotta bad football and just the past years some decent football with a few high years here and there.

Hey, you wanna see really out there...I went to school at Samford one year...you were an Alabama fan, an Auburn fan....or outta there. Birmingham News Sunday paper had two sports sections...12 pages for Alabama and Auburn....6 for rest of the world....literally.
Them boys put Kentucky and Louisville rivalry to shame.

My best friend in seminary was an Alabama fan. I kept telling myself to despise him but I couldn't; we talked football all the time. I kept reminding him that Ara laid the smack down on them twice; and they were lucky Ara retired or they'd never beat ND. I can't get over how nice the Louisville fans are too. I grew up thinking they were mean and nasty. Not anymore.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT