ADVERTISEMENT

One More Win

Agree. 19 wins and 10 in the ACC has us in regardless of where the one more W comes from at this point. Great, great opening season for Mack given the situation of brutal schedule and roster uncertainty.

Get in and then enjoy the gravy :)

Yes, I agree. 1 more win with the strong SOS along with 10 wins in the ACC gets them in the NCAA tourney.

2 more wins gets them to 20 wins. 3 more wins gets them a top 4 seeding.

I think it would be in their best interest to get 2 more wins to be a lock. I understand the metrics, but this is the NCAA Committee we are talking about here.

I understand what you are saying but we have so many quality wins and the bubble teams we’d be comparing to are pretty horrible this year. Good thing is that I think we’ll just be worrying about seeding and matchups. And hopefully UK doesn’t get to play in Louisville.

If they pare us up against sUcK I think We have a better chance against them than we did during the regular season. I think we play better away from home you know they will pare us up against somebody that has a history with us.

If they pare us up against sUcK I think We have a better chance against them than we did during the regular season. I think we play better away from home you know they will pare us up against somebody that has a history with us.

Probably either Uk or Michigan State or something like that.

I thought about those 2 as well it could also be Cincinnati, Indiana ( if they make it ) and they will probably have us in the same region with UNC State because of the coaching connections.

True. I was gonna ask about Xavier being a possibility because of Mack but they aren't doing so well this year.

I believe attendance has been pretty poor for March Madness so the NCAA knows they need to create interest and try to keep these teams as close to home for fans to travel as possible.

Then again I'm not sure the NCAA Committee does much thinking at all when they get together. They are pretty bad at the process.

Reactions: Mayoman and Deeva
I really think the network is in there telling them what matchups they want. Since they are putting out all the money the NCAA will do what they tell them to do.

I think one more win is all it would take as well, which is 19-12 overall and 10-8 in conference. A couple weeks ago, I thought two more wins at this point would be a shoo-in. But ND takes UVA to the final minute today, and I'd count on BC pressing us a lot more now. Similarly, I have no confidence that we can beat UVA or CUSE on the road, not the way this team is finishing important games.

Mack has done a good job at this point IMO, but he can realistically get no higher than that in the regular season. We're not sweeping UVA and winning out or taking the ACC tourney in all likelihood. Those would indicate "great" performances. I'm willing to award that trophy if Mack gets a couple of NCAA tourney wins with this team...

Of course you want them to win every single game, but I would feel much better with two more conference wins at the least to secure a spot in the dance. Heck throw in a win or two in the ACCT and that would be fantastic.

Reactions: Cue Card
Of course you want them to win every single game, but I would feel much better with two more conference wins at the least to secure a spot in the dance. Heck throw in a win or two in the ACCT and that would be fantastic.
Agree. It's always best to stay off that 'bubble', and so far so good. Had the Cards lost to Clemson,, an 8-5 conference record along with 17-9 would have put this team squarely on the bubble. That's how close we were.

Reactions: shadow force
I think we beat Cuse, ND, and BC. Lose both UVA games. The home game at UVA will be kind of close I feel like, within 4-6 points.

I'm worried about the Selection Committee as well. Regardless of what our fans think, the rest of the world, including the SC, looks at us as a dirty program that is all that's wrong with college sports. It's much easier to make us the poster boy for all the ills of college sports than to address the very hard issues facing college basketball.

I think they'll look to punish us at every opportunity. So it's best to get more wins than a random team with our resume would need to get in. We have to present an unassailable argument. If there is any doubt at all look for them to pass us over.

Reactions: shadow force
We have enough wins right now--18 wins with our SOS. Good god they have FLA (14-11) and Clemson (15-10) in. We are playing for seeding. I guess I can see worrying if we 0-5 to finish the season but that aint happening! If something crazy happens and we go on a tear, we can end up as high as a 3, if the bottom falls out, we are 9. I think we end up a 5 seed.

The committee screws deserving teams every year but if 19-12 and 10-8 in the ACC while playing one of the most brutal schedules in the country doesn’t get us in, there needs to be an investigation.

It would be nice to go 3-2 and beat UVA at the Yum. That might get us a 4 seed IMO.

Spot on. I mean remember the year the Cards were in the running for a 1 seed and got saddled with a 4 seed? A 4 loss team that made the final 4, yet got screwed with a 4 seed.
In 2005, That was unbelievable. If I remember correctly, on Selection Sunday the Cards were ranked #6 in the AP poll and got a 4 seed and had to play a tough Senior laden Louisiana-Lafayette team in the first round and barely escaped. I think Pitino was in shocked as our fans were when the pairings came out. I’m sure he used that as motivation after the close call in the first round and we blew out a good Ga Tech team and #1 seed Washington after that.

In 2005, That was unbelievable. If I remember correctly, on Selection Sunday the Cards were ranked #6 in the AP poll and got a 4 seed and had to play a tough Senior laden Louisiana-Lafayette team in the first round and barely escaped. I think Pitino was in shocked as our fans were when the pairings came out. I’m sure he used that as motivation after the close call in the first round and we blew out a good Ga Tech team and #1 seed Washington after that.
We were ranked #6 and finished the final poll #4 after making the final 4. The 4'w were wild that year!! LOL.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Y’all are in the tournament already. You have to improve your seeding. They will probably put you in the Midwest

These guys could still play themselves out of the NCAA tourney if they lose out.

I hate saying this because, like you, I love this team for the heart and grit they showed earlier, but after last night it is a strong possibility they will lose out.

The ND games are nearly always 50/50 with the way they uncannily go into overtime(s) and this team has shown how fragile they become in crunch time. And of course at Virginia is a 99 percent loss.

After that is the ACCT and I'm not sure about how that will play out.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT