ADVERTISEMENT

One and only complaint I have ever had...

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I think CDM leaves his pitchers in too long. This has haunted him in the past and today, vs UM, it has hurt us again. Luke, although pitching well today, heads into the 7th inning. One must be aware he is going to start getting tired. Why would you already have someone ready? Now, 3 runs are in with 1 out and finally a change is made. After the first hit, which was absolutely ripped, someone was needed to come in. Give the starter one more batter but that’s it. Hope our guys hit the dang ball and get some more runs.

yep,bout cost us today. As I was driving home from the stirring victory,I was wondering what the hell he was thinking.not having somebody in the pen getting loose. Smith pitched a gem,but he hadn't pitched that deep all year.

I always wonder,when we pull those out,if CM didn't want the game closer. Idk,but I was saying the same thing out in left field when it was unfolding.

Ecstatic for the win. Clutch hitting against a very good team (let’s hope for the two-game sweep). There are panty of horses in barn for Dan. And these young guys can throw on back-to-back days too (talking when you throw two or less innings). Wins against the Mississippi’s of the world are of high value and nothing should be held back to get those wins. I wonder who goes today. Lohman? Miller?

Ecstatic for the win. Clutch hitting against a very good team (let’s hope for the two-game sweep). There are panty of horses in barn for Dan. And these young guys can throw on back-to-back days too (talking when you throw two or less innings). Wins against the Mississippi’s of the world are of high value and nothing should be held back to get those wins. I wonder who goes today. Lohman? Miller?

Lets hope it Miller, Wright or Poland.

I think CDM leaves his pitchers in too long. This has haunted him in the past and today, vs UM, it has hurt us again. Luke, although pitching well today, heads into the 7th inning. One must be aware he is going to start getting tired. Why would you already have someone ready? Now, 3 runs are in with 1 out and finally a change is made. After the first hit, which was absolutely ripped, someone was needed to come in. Give the starter one more batter but that’s it. Hope our guys hit the dang ball and get some more runs.
I think maybe not a complaint but yes I’m in agreement with what you said. I think especially at the start of the season when the weather is horrible, you need these guys on either a pitch or innings count. Plus like you said, I think this year’s bullpen is as deep as it has even been. Go Cards! Let’s get the sweep!

Mac said as much in the post game interview,an inning too long. It was the 3rd time through the lineup. I just wish he had someone throwing prior to.
As far as today,Im guessing maybe Miller or Wright,with Lohman, Perkins and Elliot out of the pen.We still have Smiddy too.

You never know the dynamics of the dug out. Smith could have said he was good to go. Maybe coach wanted to see if he could push himself through another inning. Maybe Smith himself thought that. He was throwing a pretty good game. I mean, he went 3 and out in the 6th, and was pitching a scoreless game against a damn good club. No reason, really, to pull him at that point. I think maybe after the first two hits in the 7th with no outs, then you go to the bullpen.

No doubt when it comes to letting your pitchers try to work out of jams and stretch to get that extra inning. BUT, have someone ready just in case. The pitching has been pretty good overall. I think we can see the staff is giving up too many walks though. If the hitting continues to improve that will only help the pitchers that’s for sure. The bats are still sort of shaky BUT we’ve seen an uptick in clutch hitting and that my friends is what will win ball games.

Reactions: earsky
No doubt when it comes to letting your pitchers try to work out of jams and stretch to get that extra inning. BUT, have someone ready just in case. The pitching has been pretty good overall. I think we can see the staff is giving up too many walks though. If the hitting continues to improve that will only help the pitchers that’s for sure. The bats are still sort of shaky BUT we’ve seen an uptick in clutch hitting and that my friends is what will win ball games.
The midweek games are really difficult when it comes to pitching. Because you’re playing conference games on the weekend, you really want your full bullpen to be ready for the weekend. You also want to win as many games to get a higher seeding so you just can’t put pitchers in that maybe aren’t ready to compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT