ADVERTISEMENT

On the off chance Bobby leaves

Cardinal Cash

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2016
I know people are saying we would likely go after Brohm but I think he would stay put for at least another year. Who are some candidates you would want as the new HC?Including Brohm and in no particular order mine would be:
Brohm
Brent Venables
Charlie Strong (Begrudgingly)
Pj fleck
Lane Kiffin
That's all I can think of and really I would only be thrilled with Brohm or Venables. The others would just be adequate hires. Who would you all take?

Reactions: jts_cards
If Petrino leaves (he won't), then Jeff Brohm would leave Purdue in a nanosecond for uofl. That family has UofL in its blood. Heck, I saw Greg Brohm at the UofL game yesterday which was a bye week for Purdue.

To Charlie Strong and Lane Kiffin HELL NO!
Strong would get eaten alive in the ACC, hes right where he belongs....and Kiffin is as crooked as they come and we dont need that for obvious reasons.

IF Petrino leaves Brohm will be at the top of the list and he will take it if asked. IF he doesn't come, I'll throw 2 names.

Les Miles
Chip Kelly

If we lose to UK again we might ask him to leave, lol.

That idiot pitino kept losing to SuCkS.
Just sayin.

Besides, SuCkS has played 5 games, 3 against non P5 schools and has yet to score 30.

Cards will beat SuCkS easily.

IF Petrino leaves Brohm will be at the top of the list and he will take it if asked. IF he doesn't come, I'll throw 2 names.

Les Miles
Chip Kelly
For the life of me I can’t understand why people continue to bring up Les Miles name when HC jobs come open. He’s TERRIBLE.

Not Ed Orgeron terrible but, really bad.

Reactions: UofLCardfan
Why would Petrino leave ?

Just because SuCkS fans want him to..........
This is all pending on if the SEC blowhards are correct in Bobby leaving if Jurich is gone. I don't see him leaving just yet but the rumor mill is in full swing for Tennessee.

Les Miles is too old. Chip Kelly would want too much $$. Besides, he flopped badly twice in the NFL. No recruiting connections in the southeast.

Will medical research ever find a cure for LBI (little brother-itis)?...

It might be too late to dig up Adolph Rupp and do the testing on him...isn't that the disease that did him in?

Reactions: zipp
It might be too late to dig up Adolph Rupp and do the testing on him...isn't that the disease that did him in?
I think you're right, and what a defense... I'm no worse than Uncle Adolph!

I know people are saying we would likely go after Brohm but I think he would stay put for at least another year.

First of all, be careful what you wish for.

Second, he's not going anywhere. He's not exactly pushing his stock higher than his $5MM/year price right now, so who would hire him away for that? Why would he leave for less, especially since he's so settled in Louisville with this family etc at this point?

I think folks really need to understand how young the OL is this year.

First of all, be careful what you wish for.

Second, he's not going anywhere. He's not exactly pushing his stock higher than his $5MM/year price right now, so who would hire him away for that? Why would he leave for less, especially since he's so settled in Louisville with this family etc at this point?

I think folks really need to understand how young the OL is this year.
Fwiw, I don't believe the false starts are entirely on the OL. Those didn't seem to be an issue playing at home. Finley was incredibly loud and whatever hand system they are using with LJ seems to be confusing.

Just throwing this out there...how about McIlwain or Sumlin while Brohm gets a couple more years to get comfy in the big chair? Neal Brown is a name that gets thrown round a lot.

Just throwing this out there...how about McIlwain or Sumlin while Brohm gets a couple more years to get comfy in the big chair? Neal Brown is a name that gets thrown round a lot.
If we hired the swamp donkey I would not go to a game next year. Bobby is so much better than him.

Are you sure that Brohm is a shoe in. Thought I read somewhere that there was some bad blood In the recent past? Was it with Jurich? I don’t recall the details.

Brohm was supposed have said that as long as Jurich was AD, he would never coach at Louisville. Now the obstacle has been removed.

One could argue that he’s owned Volunqueer fans even more...
I agree...he has suckered the fan base from the beginning...however would you like to be catching the absolute torment he is now? Money doesn't always bring peace...

I agree...he has suckered the fan base from the beginning...however would you like to be catching the absolute torment he is now? Money doesn't always bring peace...
No it doesn’t but, it comes with the territory and if you can’t handle it - don’t step up.

In the back of his mind he knows if (when) he gets canned he’ll do tv for a year and then some non P5 school will hire him and he’ll get another shot.

Reactions: IzzyGouldLiar
I think people need to look around with caution to see the danger of thinking a sure thing is on the horizon and subsequently wedging the current guy out...I think of ND when they thought they were going to lockup Urban Meyer, I see Nebraska now thinking Scott Frost would jump at the chance. Sometimes the fit for the coveted isn't there as much as the school doing the coveting thinks. And it ends up with a choice to nobody's liking and puts you in a failed coaching cycle like we are seeing at Nebraska and Tennessee--and Florida.

I would LOVE for the Brohms to run the football show, but there almost certainly is a little alienation there from how Jeff was chased in the Kragthorpe mess after Brian's Senior Year. You can say that was a Jurich mistake and Tyra is a Trinity grad and Trinity, Trinity, Rah Rah Rah...but sometimes these matters aren't as clean as they look on paper.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I think people need to look around with caution to see the danger of thinking a sure thing is on the horizon and subsequently wedging the current guy out...I think of ND when they thought they were going to lockup Urban Meyer, I see Nebraska now thinking Scott Frost would jump at the chance. Sometimes the fit for the coveted isn't there as much as the school doing the coveting thinks. And it ends up with a choice to nobody's liking and puts you in a failed coaching cycle like we are seeing at Nebraska and Tennessee--and Florida.

I would LOVE for the Brohms to run the football show, but there almost certainly is a little alienation there from how Jeff was chased in the Kragthorpe mess after Brian's Senior Year. You can say that was a Jurich mistake and Tyra is a Trinity grad and Trinity, Trinity, Rah Rah Rah...but sometimes these matters aren't as clean as they look on paper.
That’s why you back channel it to insure that the Brohms would make the switch. Not like petrino could complain about the university going behind his back...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT