ADVERTISEMENT

On the off chance Bobby leaves

I didn't want Bobby back, and said as much. But when I was over ruled :p I said that along with all his baggage, at least we'll get some good FB.

I remembered what everyone else did. I won't go through it all. Suffice to say, we were VERY happy with CBP's production, and style.

Now we have Bobby. Just another middle of the road ACC HC. I have a hard time calling him Coach Bobby Petrino, because he has no interest in defense. He's an OC/QB coach. Period.

I'm waiting for Bobby to realize where his bread is buttered, and what made him an "offensive genius", and coveted by some of the biggest programs in America.

I want the return of CBP. The who ran BALANCED Power FB, with decent to pretty good Defense, and some serious coaching/clock mgt/prep.

If he shows up, I'm more than happy with who we have.

If he keeps mumble dicking around, experimenting, and "re-creating" players, I'll want a change. We have never strived to be a perennial "middle of the pack" in any conference. We've spent WAY to much money to settle for that.

The ACC around us is improving every year.

It's up to him to make sure we do.

Reactions: Mayoman
I didn't want Bobby back, and said as much. But when I was over ruled :p I said that along with all his baggage, at least we'll get some good FB.

I remembered what everyone else did. I won't go through it all. Suffice to say, we were VERY happy with CBP's production, and style.

Now we have Bobby. Just another middle of the road ACC HC. I have a hard time calling him Coach Bobby Petrino, because he has no interest in defense. He's an OC/QB coach. Period.

I'm waiting for Bobby to realize where his bread is buttered, and what made him an "offensive genius", and coveted by some of the biggest programs in America.

I want the return of CBP. The who ran BALANCED Power FB, with decent to pretty good Defense, and some serious coaching/clock mgt/prep.

If he shows up, I'm more than happy with who we have.

If he keeps mumble dicking around, experimenting, and "re-creating" players, I'll want a change. We have never strived to be a perennial "middle of the pack" in any conference. We've spent WAY to much money to settle for that.

The ACC around us is improving every year.

It's up to him to make sure we do.
I think you're probably referring to Bobby MF'ing Petrino, the demanding, hard @ss, live at the office, step on their throat while you run up the score Petrino. Not the kinder, gentler, family man we see today. I'm happy for his family now, but...I want Bobby MF'ing Petrinio back.

Since this is purely hypothetical, I think many of you are limiting the scope of potential candidates. There are some very successful and qualified candidates outside the power 5 and NFL. The next “Bobby Petrino” could be lurking in the MAC, MWC, WAC, Div 1AA(FCS), Div II, or Div III.

Why not get the Pres of the board at 5th/3rd Bank to coach FB.

He's a successful businessman, and probably a super nice guy.

It's all he needs.

Right?

If it's good for an AD, why not the coaches he hires?

Last edited:
I think you're probably referring to Bobby MF'ing Petrino, the demanding, hard @ss, live at the office, step on their throat while you run up the score Petrino. Not the kinder, gentler, family man we see today. I'm happy for his family now, but...I want Bobby MF'ing Petrinio back.
I’m telling you - the “family man” thing - while more than before - is still a façade.

He’s just gotten older, softer and less innovative - while somehow remaining to be a prick to those who work for him.

I’m not happy but I think this season (the last 12 games or so) is going to light a fire under his arse.

His vanity is going to revive and bring back CBP1 and that guy is pretty good.

I have to believe this because if I’m wrong CBP2 is going to ride fat paychecks into retirement leaving a HUGE rebuild for somebody.

Reactions: Mayoman
I’m telling you - the “family man” thing - while more than before - is still a façade.

He’s just gotten older, softer and less innovative - while somehow remaining to be a prick to those who work for him.

Sources please.

Well, without evidence it's just your opinion or hearsay.
What evidence do you think I could present on a message board? I understand where you’re coming from and you have every right to believe what you want and be skeptical.

I know that everyone and their grandmother says they “know people” and I’m not trying to make myself look cool. I’m just telling you that I’ve been personally told by people about as close as you can get, that’s what is occurring. Feel free to believe me or not, I’m just telling you that it’s not that well kept a secret.

Last edited:
Cant believe that everyone has forgotten that Bob Stoops is quietly hanging out there in limbo. He'll be back at some point just like Meyer did after he left Florida.

Cant believe that everyone has forgotten that Bob Stoops is quietly hanging out there in limbo. He'll be back at some point just like Meyer did after he left Florida.
I dunno - he strikes me as the type of guy who if he gets a tv job, doesn’t come back. If he did, it’d have to be with one of the big boys - I don’t see him coming back to coach at a place like Ole Miss.

How funny would that be.....a rivalry Stoops bowl......Bob at UofL vs his little brother Mark porky at uk.....Just who would be 'lil brother' then?

The idea of this would be just too funny.o_O:p:D

Last edited:
I think you can be as Bobby is now and be a successful football coach. The key is hires and whom is put in charge of defense and special teams. In my opinion, this is where Bobby Petrino is coming up short and he needs to understand that. I don’t give a big rat’s @$$ if his son-in-law and son are on the staff so long as they are doing the job WE are paying them for.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: jimmy5-11
I don’t give a big rat’s @$$ if his son-in-law and son are on the staff so long as they are doing the job WE are paying them for.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
Problem is - they’re not. At least LD Scott seems to recruit - WTH does Nick Petrino do?

No one can be silly enough to believe that he is teaching players like LJ and Pass the finer points of playing the QB position at this level.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
IF Petrino leaves Brohm will be at the top of the list and he will take it if asked. IF he doesn't come, I'll throw 2 names.

Les Miles
Chip Kelly

There is a reason no one in Football wants Les Miles, 3 runs up the middle every possession. He’s a bad choice.

How funny would that be.....a rivalry Stoops bowl......Bob at UofL vs his little brother Mark porky at uk.....Just who would be 'lil brother' then?

The idea of this would be just too funny.o_O:p:D
Which one gets brother Mike as an assistant?

Petrino isn't getting fired or poached.

If he were to leave then I hope and pray that the coaching search would start and end with Jeff Brohm.

Reactions: wilkie01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT