ADVERTISEMENT

On Hercy Miller Starting

He started Hercy vs. NC State and he had early steal and 2 deflections and was busting his a**. Which gets him promptly taken out and not put in again. (3 minutes)

I'm not suggesting Hercy is second coming of Oscar Robertson, but this team's perimeter defense is horrible and Clark 36 minutes is not the answer.

He started Hercy vs. NC State and he had early steal and 2 deflections and was busting his a**. Which gets him promptly taken out and not put in again. (3 minutes)

I'm not suggesting Hercy is second coming of Oscar Robertson, but this team's perimeter defense is horrible and Clark 36 minutes is not the answer.
I think it just came down to running back the 5 that was started for the big win over the bubble team. I sort of get it. I'm just unsure how big of an impact that specific 5 really was on the outcome, looking at box score probably not much.

But directly to your point, the move was to exclude DJ. Hercy a bit of a trickier call. He's giving something. But DJ is giving nothing.

With White healthy, Glenn and Williams improving, there was no need for DJ to see the floor. And this is a problem the staff has had from day one. Everyone doesn't have to play, especially in these "important" close games. That mindset works for programs that are established. This one ain't.

He didn't need to force Zan into the game in the 1st half for TX. He didn't need to play DJ at all vs NC St. There are countless examples am sure.

Winning just not the priority fans want it to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT