ADVERTISEMENT

On a brighter note; UK exposed

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
UK made an un-ranked MSU team look like a National contender, something they are not. Some will look at the 4 TOs as reason for UK losing, but the Bulldogs rushing defense dominated UK and forced them out of their normal game plan. MSU QB Will Rogers picked UK apart all night.

I switched back and forth watching both games last night, and if our rushing defense continues to improve, I think we have a good shot at beating UK on Thanksgiving weekend.

Their problem again is on offense. The SEC Network really has tied to pump up Coen but it is no different. Stop the run you can limit their offense. QB play is average and if Robinson doesn’t transfer in they would be atrocious.

This is a veteran team shocked they got smoked by a average Miss ST team.

Serves them right after banning me for telling the truth about their team. Please kick them in the butt for me. GO CARDS beat the kittens! Here kitty kitty:):):)

• Haha
Reactions: PushupMan
Serves them right after banning me for telling the truth about their team. Please kick them in the butt for me. GO CARDS beat the kittens! Here kitty kitty:):):)
Join the club, I’ve been banned for over a year! Very small negative comment. I’ve seen much worse here and they don’t get banned!

Just looked at their depth chart. They lose a ton of dudes. Robinson will almost undoubtedly turn pro.

Join the club, I’ve been banned for over a year! Very small negative comment. I’ve seen much worse here and they don’t get banned!
I guess they're super sensitive after being the SEC's doormat in football ever since 1960 and before. I would be sensitive to if I cheered for UK in football. I'm officially a unofficial Card fan now in all sports but football. UK can eat Irish crap for all I care anymore. Sorry but my heart is 100% Irish in football. I love them in all sports, But I'm a Kentuckian first: Born, raised, educated, married, and lived outside of Owensboro everyday of my life except five years at Murray State and four years down at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft Worth, TX. I have to support a Kentucky based school. It's in my blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: PushupMan
Kids like JJ Weaver (Moore HS) who signed with UK is why I generated the OP; UL must stop this most recent advantage in local recruiting that UK enjoys over us right now.

The Commonwealth of KY, and particularly Jefferson Co only produce a finite number of top D1 football players like Weaver or Milton Wright (CAL to Purdue) each year, and over a 4 or 5 year period it can make a difference in the talent level that can affect our performance on the field.

I am not sure CSS appreciates the opportunity that he has in hosting the wildcats later this month; but if he has any plans on remaining here In Louisville, he needs to do everything possible to prepare for that contest.

I am not sure CSS appreciates the opportunity that he has in hosting the wildcats later this month; but if he has any plans on remaining here In Louisville, he needs to do everything possible to prepare for that contest.

I was hoping Louisville could win one of the 3 games we were sure to be underdogs (NCST, Clemson, UK). NCST didn't happen, it can still happen against Clemson or the Cayuts. I'll take either one, dont' care if it's Clemson or UK. OK I'd rather beat Clemson because they're Clemson and I don't want a UK-Florida streak across decades to happen. :) Anyway. Also, watch out for Syracuse though, they are playing better. A 7-5 finish sets up nicely for 2022 and a far more experienced roster.

I was hoping Louisville could win one of the 3 games we were sure to be underdogs (NCST, Clemson, UK). NCST didn't happen, it can still happen against Clemson or the Cayuts. I'll take either one, dont' care if it's Clemson or UK. OK I'd rather beat Clemson because they're Clemson and I don't want a UK-Florida streak across decades to happen. :) Anyway. Also, watch out for Syracuse though, they are playing better. A 7-5 finish sets up nicely for 2022 and a far more experienced roster.
Beat them both and everyone is happy!

I really don’t care about them outside of 1 game a year. I’m more worried about us winning games and getting our program back to where it needs to be.

Regrettably Chill; our recruiting is directly affected by UK‘s performance. I wish it were not true, but just watch JJ Weaver for some indication as to why it is such a mitigating factor.

He grew up a UL fan, but UK‘s recent dominance explains his decision.

Regrettably Chill; our recruiting is directly affected by UK‘s performance. I wish it were not true, but just watch JJ Weaver for some indication as to why it is such a mitigating factor.

He grew up a UL fan, but UK‘s recent dominance explains his decision.

JJ Weaver was at our game during UK’s bye week.

I've been preaching on here for over a month now that UK was winning with smoke, mirrors and pure luck and that everyone chalking our matchup up as a loss was giving this UK team too much credit.

I've been saying all season - UKS PASS DEFENSE IS NOT GOOD.

UT - 15-20 316 yards 4 TDs (I've never in my life seen a time of possession disaprity as bad as it was in the UT/UK game. UT only had the ball for 13:52 and scored 45 POINTS! UK had the ball for 46:08!)

Miss State - 36-39 344 yards 1 TD

UGA - 14-20 - 250 yards 3 TDs

UKs pass defense has allow their last 3 QBs to go 65-79 83% 910 yards 8 TDs and no interceptions....and all 3 of those QBs are mediocre QBs. Not on the level of Corral, Hartman, Gabriel, or Armstrong.

EVERYONE on this board has complained (rightfully so) about how bad our pass defense has been for much of this season. If we take the 4 BEST QBs we've played this year - Corral, Gabriel, Hartman, Armstrong it puts UKs pass defense into some context. Against those 4 QBs our terrible pass defense held those 4 guys to:

107-161 - 66%
1,376 yards
9 TDs
4 interceptions

So...as bad as our pass defense has been, it generates more turnovers against much better passing offenses and against much better QBs. 3 of those 4 QBs play for the #1, #4, #6 offenses in the country right now and the only reason UCF isn't there in the top 25 is because of Gabriel's injury.

In more context our defense faced on average 41 pass attempts and allowed them to complete 66% of those against those 4 guys and allowed a little over 340 yards per game. UKs defense faced on average 26 pass attempts and allowed them to complete 83% of them for a around 304 yards. Our defense allowed 8.3 per attempt and UKs allowed 11.7. On average the UK pass defense has allowed their last 3 QBs to go 22-26 for 304 yards, thats 13.8 yards per completion. UofLs defense has allowed QBs to go 27-41 for 344 yards 12.7 yards per completion. What I'm saying is even if you take the best QBs we've faced, and the best offenses we've faced - our defense that everyone has hated all year has performed better than UKs.

As a matter of fact UK has played 4 top 50 offenses UT-21, UF-16, UGA-44, Missouri-40. (We currently rank 32) They were handled from kickoff to the final whistle by UT and UGA, we're handled in every facet of the game against UF and only won because of a fluke blocked kick and against Missouri they allowed 400 yards and needed a late 4th quarter TD to beat the currently 4-5 Tigers. So this team has struggled against decent offenses.

Last edited:
Louisville will score some points against UK.

The issue will be stopping their offense. Louisville’s secondary is blah as well. Their strength is the run which Louisville has been pretty good in defending so far. Interested to see what they do against Syracuse rushing attack. UK hasn’t been great on the road but the crowd will have a heavy UK presence.

Louisville wins the next 2 without key injuries I like their chances.

I've been preaching on here for over a month now that UK was winning with smoke, mirrors and pure luck and that everyone chalking our matchup up as a loss was giving this UK team too much credit.

I've been saying all season - UKS PASS DEFENSE IS NOT GOOD.

UT - 15-20 316 yards 4 TDs (I've never in my life seen a time of possession disaprity as bad as it was in the UT/UK game. UT only had the ball for 13:52 and scored 45 POINTS! UK had the ball for 46:08!)

Miss State - 36-39 344 yards 1 TD

UGA - 14-20 - 250 yards 3 TDs

UKs pass defense has allow their last 3 QBs to go 65-79 83% 910 yards 8 TDs and no interceptions....and all 3 of those QBs are mediocre QBs. Not on the level of Corral, Hartman, Gabriel, or Armstrong.

EVERYONE on this board has complained (rightfully so) about how bad our pass defense has been for much of this season. If we take the 4 BEST QBs we've played this year - Corral, Gabriel, Hartman, Armstrong it puts UKs pass defense into some context. Against those 4 QBs our terrible pass defense held those 4 guys to:

107-161 - 66%
1,376 yards
9 TDs
4 interceptions

So...as bad as our pass defense has been, it generates more turnovers against much better passing offenses and against much better QBs. 3 of those 4 QBs play for the #1, #4, #6 offenses in the country right now and the only reason UCF isn't there in the top 25 is because of Gabriel's injury.

In more context our defense faced on average 41 pass attempts and allowed them to complete 66% of those against those 4 guys and allowed a little over 340 yards per game. UKs defense faced on average 26 pass attempts and allowed them to complete 83% of them for a around 304 yards. Our defense allowed 8.3 per attempt and UKs allowed 11.7. On average the UK pass defense has allowed their last 3 QBs to go 22-26 for 304 yards, thats 13.8 yards per completion. UofLs defense has allowed QBs to go 27-41 for 344 yards 12.7 yards per completion. What I'm saying is even if you take the best QBs we've faced, and the best offenses we've faced - our defense that everyone has hated all year has performed better than UKs.

As a matter of fact UK has played 4 top 50 offenses UT-21, UF-16, UGA-44, Missouri-40. (We currently rank 32) They were handled from kickoff to the final whistle by UT and UGA, we're handled in every facet of the game against UF and only won because of a fluke blocked kick and against Missouri they allowed 400 yards and needed a late 4th quarter TD to beat the currently 4-5 Tigers. So this team has struggled against decent offenses.
I think sometimes in the SEC, the pass rush is the important factor in games. In the SEC, every team is great or good in the trenches. They all have speed in the skill spots, so it comes down to who can get a pass rush.

I haven't watched much of Kentucky this year, but they aren't great at getting a good pass rush off against those SEC offensive lines. The difference in our game will be pass protection. We had Dez, Tutu, and Hawkins as our skill guys and we could just out-gun everyone in 2019. Problem was against ND, Clemson, Miami, and sUcKs was that our line just was not on the level to protect against size and talent on the defensive line and linebacker spots.

As you've seen in the Satt era, we generally can score some points when we have time. We can make some big plays. But when our offensive line gets overmatched and/or tired, we get out of sync and it forces bad decisions.

And this is more a general SEC remark as opposed to Kensucky. But if our line lets guys like JJ Weaver live in our backfield, then it will make the job of their secondary much easier. Because they've played some talented wideouts, but have had to play defense so much longer because they aren't getting any pressure. We block well, we can beat them. If we don't then it'll be just like the last 2 games.

Also, I'm gonna say it, but I've been watching for weeks and WOW Hendon Hooker is amazing. I mean he did ok against us last year, but he's putting up NUMBERS on everyone. Im interested to see what he does against Georgia this weekend to see how far he can take that team? Va Tech must feel stupid.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT