ADVERTISEMENT

Olivia!?

Cardsfan62

2500+
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
What were you thinking there? I guess you thought the game was tied ??

Awful mistake.

Olivia did exactly as she was instructed! In fairness, the way the game had been officiated up to that moment, it was possible the official would have not called any thing less than an obvious foul, in order to give Fair a chance to score. Olivia did not make the mistake; the official did.

This is one of the more blatant ref errors you will see and it directly led to Syracuse winning.

It didn't happen with 3 minutes to go, it happened with 3 seconds remaining.

Cochran's foul 99 percent of the time would not have been ruled intentional even if the Cards were down one and was desperately trying to stop the clock.

That ref should of known this. The other two should have got together and discussed it because Cochran's team was winning. An intentional foul is usually called when a foul is made to stop an break away layup or any other blatant attempt to stop a score.

Not to stop the clock or because there's fouls to give. A competent ref would not have called that foul intentional, knowing it was game winning. She decided who won and who lost.

UL will not win, but JH should support CJW and this UL WBB Team by lodging a formal protest and appeal. At some point in time, there needs to be some official act by the schools to intervene in the continuation of incompetent referees.

What were you thinking there? I guess you thought the game was tied ??

Awful mistake.
This same scenario happened just last week in the ND game. In fact their player (ND) bear hugged our player. No intentional foul called just a common foul. This is the same common foul called in almost all BB games at the end. In fact that is the first time I’ve ever seen it called an intentional foul.
Women's BB refs are horrible and there was no excuse for that. It had a direct out come in the game. Sure the players shouldn’t have let it get that close, but that’s not the point.
The ACC Commish must get this under control, but he’s just about useless, so I don’t expect anything to improve

I just read an article on the Hokies site and they agree with CJW that the officials are horrible and should be held accountable. They are upset by how the other teams in the conference are playing Kitley and getting away with it. They say they are being really rough and there are no calls but they call touch fouls. Both coaches want the refs to be held accountable and they want the ACC to address it.

The mere fact, that poor officiating continues to be ignored by the ACC Leadership, is evidence alone of their complicity in the ongoing controversy. The ACC network is equally responsible, as we could see firsthand how those talking heads providing the color portion of the game, were silent despite the obvious error by the official. Adding “insult to injury”, McGraw missed the perfect opportunity to express support for Walz’s comments.

As Jeff Waltz said. It was an atrocious call. At the end of every game there are could that are intentional and are not called.

Reactions: vivid_red
The mere fact, that poor officiating continues to be ignored by the ACC Leadership, is evidence alone of their complicity in the ongoing controversy. The ACC network is equally responsible, as we could see firsthand how those talking heads providing the color portion of the game, were silent despite the obvious error by the official. Adding “insult to injury”, McGraw missed the perfect opportunity to express support for Walz’s comments.
Game was broadcast on the CW. Although, I get the overall gist, because the ACC broadcasting crews stay silent as well. I am sure they want to keep their jobs.

I may be wrong, but wasn’t McGraw’s comments on the ACC Network? ……that is what I was referring to.

Reactions: WahooCard
I may be wrong, but wasn’t McGraw’s comments on the ACC Network? ……that is what I was referring to.
That’s why I altered my response. I am sure you are correct. Those honks are going to say anything either way especially little miss muffett.

Reactions: 2330859
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT