ADVERTISEMENT

OK, I am a believer

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
There is an interesting ESPN article about “How Dabo Sweeney is influencing other college coaches” that includes Scott Satterfield, inferring that he is one of Dabo disciples. Scott acknowledges in his article quote that his style of “Love not Fear” is consistent with Sweeney’s approach to coaching kids. I am sure there is a lot more to this than just love vs. fear, but for my purposes I have struggled with the often repeated comments from recruits saying “show me the love”.

At 69 years old, my respect came from growing up under a father who was a DI at PISC before and after WWII, and my subsequent 6 years in the Corp ......... the only love that I experienced was a physical version of tough love. While I don’t get the “show me love” stuff, I do not need to get it. What I do get, is that culture under Scott Satterfield has definitely changed from the one we experienced during the Petrino era and it appears to be most consistent with what the kids are looking for today.

If Satterfield can produce anywhere remotely close to what Dabo has going at Clemson, I am all for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News