ADVERTISEMENT

Official : Strong is now the HC at USF

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Per ESPN.
BREAKING: Former Texas coach Charlie Strong has agreed to a deal to become USF's next head coach. (via @ClowESPN)

Charlie's contract with Texas required him to make "a reasonable attempt to gain employment". He could not kick back and expect to collect the $10.7 million owed.

The Big question will Charlie be happy with the fan support. Plus the's competing with the Buccaneers. He is in the middle of his recruiting base so good for him.

Reactions: American Male
If he's getting paid, he won't worry.
He got paid pretty well at UL and he worried. He might not in the beginning but I bet it surfaces again just like here. Or maybe he's been humbled and will appreciate what USF offered him will see.

He's inheriting a 10-2 team, but I don't know what they're losing.

He may be in a good spot, and he may not.

But I'd bet his days of bitching about the fans is over. Unless he's a slow learner.

He's inheriting a 10-2 team, but I don't know what they're losing.

He may be in a good spot, and he may not.

But I'd bet his days of bitching about the fans is over. Unless he's a slow learner.

He bitched about the fans because he came from football schools , who had just as many fans at the spring game as a regular season game.

He bitched about the fans because he came from football schools , who had just as many fans at the spring game as a regular season game.
Huh. I never made the connection. :D

That was then.

This is now.

He better just worry about coaching.

I would have chilled for a year but I think some of these guys get terrified that there will be a stigma about them for sitting out for a period and then you lose any appeal you had.

I think the USF/UCF type jobs are solid jobs and under the radar type gigs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT