ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
O-line is not too impressive they should be pushing Charlotte off the line not liking what i see so far . And this passing improvement needs to be shown by Jackson too many runs.

You're right the offense looks horrible. 6 TD passes in the first half is completely unacceptable.
You're right, Canada. But there are some things to clean up. Pass blocking was spotty, some gaps in special teams, couple of busted coverages, and all those penalties. Staff has > 1 week to work on it. Remember, the level of competition is why there was such a lopsided score. That level of play won't cut it against FSU or Clemson.

I think all 3 of you are right. BP came out guns blazing to get right to what we need to correct. Considering the early, brutal 3 week stretch FSU-Marshall-Clemson I think it's vital.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
You're right, Canada. But there are some things to clean up. Pass blocking was spotty, some gaps in special teams, couple of busted coverages, and all those penalties. Staff has > 1 week to work on it. Remember, the level of competition is why there was such a lopsided score. That level of play won't cut it against FSU or Clemson.
First game. There's always room for improvement.

I think all 3 of you are right. BP came out guns blazing to get right to what we need to correct. Considering the early, brutal 3 week stretch FSU-Marshall-Clemson I think it's vital.
Can't overlook Syracuse. It's on the road in the dome. Charlotte was a warm up game to give the coaches plenty of ammo to show the players what they did wrong. Syracuse will be stronger and much tougher than Charlotte.

O-line is not too impressive they should be pushing Charlotte off the line not liking what i see so far . And this passing improvement needs to be shown by Jackson too many runs.
I agree Fist. Early on Jackson was being forced to run - not a designed play. O-line still needs improvement - quicker feet. CRP changed the the attack to more movement instead of drop back to adjust to O-line deficiency and Charlotte blitz.

Absolutely fricken unbelievable! People bitching about being ahead 56-0 at half. You gotta be kidding! Were you expecting total perfection? If you were then you know absolutely nothing about football OR basketball OR baseball or any other sport. Jeeze, unbelievable. Of course there are things that need to be "cleaned up", but that is ALWAYS the case. Do you think that after the bowl game last year vs TA&M the staff celebrated "the perfection" of that game? Oh well, I guess some folks just like to complain about anything. :rolleyes::oops:

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Can't overlook Syracuse. It's on the road in the dome. Charlotte was a warm up game to give the coaches plenty of ammo to show the players what they did wrong. Syracuse will be stronger and much tougher than Charlotte.
I totally agree. I will be thrilled if we just take care of business up there. It's never an easy place to play but we have a lot of veteran leadership on this team to keep everyone's feet on the ground.

Reactions: Cue Card
Absolutely fricken unbelievable! People bitching about being ahead 56-0 at half. You gotta be kidding! Were you expecting total perfection? If you were then you know absolutely nothing about football OR basketball OR baseball or any other sport. Jeeze, unbelievable. Of course there are things that need to be "cleaned up", but that is ALWAYS the case. Do you think that after the bowl game last year vs TA&M the staff celebrated "the perfection" of that game? Oh well, I guess some folks just like to complain about anything. :rolleyes::oops:

Funny you saying we are over reacting however we have just pointed out things that the coach said after the game also. Nobody is downplaying the score the most important part going forward is O-line improvement do you actually think that o-line performance would suffice against Fl.St.Clem or some other better opponents no it would not. You obvislously don't realiaze there are 128 FBS teams and Charlotte was #128!

Funny you saying we are over reacting however we have just pointed out things that the coach said after the game also. Nobody is downplaying the score the most important part going forward is O-line improvement do you actually think that o-line performance would suffice against Fl.St.Clem or some other better opponents no it would not. You obvislously don't realiaze there are 128 FBS teams and Charlotte was #128!

CBP gets paid $3 million + to pass his opinion and HE'S AN EXPERT. It's obvious that you are not. He will clean any "stuff" up that needs to be cleaned up and I'll bet a dime to a green assed fly that he won't call you for advice. And yes I do understand where UNCC was ranked. Maybe it's you that has readily forgotten that we put 56 points on the board in the 1st half and pulled our starters at that point. It would be my suggestion that you wait a little longer than 1/2 way thru the 1st quarter to make your astute observations.

CBP gets paid $3 million + to pass his opinion and HE'S AN EXPERT. It's obvious that you are not. He will clean any "stuff" up that needs to be cleaned up and I'll bet a dime to a green assed fly that he won't call you for advice. And yes I do understand where UNCC was ranked. Maybe it's you that has readily forgotten that we put 56 points on the board in the 1st half and pulled our starters at that point. It would be my suggestion that you wait a little longer than 1/2 way thru the 1st quarter to make your astute observations.

Of course you're right. CBP does get paid to point out sloppy play which is to be expected in the first game. But here's a news flash these guys are doing what fans do that are associated with any team college and pro anywhere that FBs played or for that matter any sport. And that's a fact. I'm glad they are pointing out areas that we can improve. Why? They have high expectations and they understand what's on the horizon. We go from zero to 60 pretty darn fast these days.. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Arm-chair QB's, water cooler coaches, sitting in the stands calling plays, message board athletes...

I thought that was what sports was all about and what makes it fun!!!

Reactions: Louisvillian
I've been around football all of my life. As the youngest of 3 boys I watched my brothers play and then I played, coached and refereed. Yeah, my dad also played back in the early 20s. I've had season tickets to UofL for 40+ years and I've traveled all over the USA to watch them play. Yes, I too have complained but NOT when we score 56 points in the first damn half WITH A YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM ON THE FIELD and an offensive genius as our coach. I PREFER to listen to his comments because he is the true expert. I suggest that some of our fans choose that path also.

Deep breath.......deep breath......

At least something is being posted. Least threads I've ever seen for an opener. More fighting and arguing on it than sports discussions.

As someone said earlier, this seems to be a dead board posting..........

Reactions: gocds
I've been around football all of my life. As the youngest of 3 boys I watched my brothers play and then I played, coached and refereed. Yeah, my dad also played back in the early 20s. I've had season tickets to UofL for 40+ years and I've traveled all over the USA to watch them play. Yes, I too have complained but NOT when we score 56 points in the first damn half WITH A YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM ON THE FIELD and an offensive genius as our coach. I PREFER to listen to his comments because he is the true expert. I suggest that some of our fans choose that path

If you paid attention Charlotte was bringing 7 and sometimes 8 guys on blitzes early on. The greatest O-line in the world can't block 7 guys with 5. That's when Pitino made adjustments and went to quick passes and flair routes to the RB's.

Reactions: gocds
I've been around football all of my life. As the youngest of 3 boys I watched my brothers play and then I played, coached and refereed. Yeah, my dad also played back in the early 20s. I've had season tickets to UofL for 40+ years and I've traveled all over the USA to watch them play. Yes, I too have complained but NOT when we score 56 points in the first damn half WITH A YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM ON THE FIELD and an offensive genius as our coach. I PREFER to listen to his comments because he is the true expert. I suggest that some of our fans choose that path also.

Sorry that I had the temerity to comment on what I saw, and what needs to be improved before we meet the meat of our schedule. While I don't have the pedigree of "go", I did play four years of college football, starting on the OL my last 2 years.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Amazing pretty much if you heard any thing about the game that fans with a basic eye for football saw that needs improvement the number 1 thing was the O-line. People just see a score and believe it was a thing of perfection.

Sorry that I had the temerity to comment on what I saw, and what needs to be improved before we meet the meat of our schedule. While I don't have the pedigree of "go", I did play four years of college football, starting on the OL my last 2 years.

I understand making a comment and appreciate good and intelligent conversation. But, as an experienced Olineman, did you notice that UNCC was bringing at least 7 men (once even 8) guys on defense? Please tell me how you block that many defensive players with 5 offensive linemen? CBP (the guy with the fat check) made a major adjustment by using out passes and guess what, the 7 man rush was eliminated or offset. RFF3 started his negative crap at 7:25 pm about 20 minutes after the game actually started. Hell the first quarter wasn't even over yet. That's the stuff that should not happen. I wonder if he would actually ask CBP questions about that if he had the opportunity to do so. I seriously doubt it. I'm done here.

It's time to just cool down. Call it just human nature. I got caught in traffic, took forever to get a beer. By the time I got to my seat it was already 21-0. When I sat down, do you know what everyone said around me? The Oline hasn't looked good was the first thing out of their mouths. You see it's not about beating UNCC, it already progressed to what happens when we play Clemson and FSU. I can understand enjoying a beat down, but I'm also looking ahead as well... peace!

GOCDS is trying to help some of you understand fundamental football ............could some of you not see what Charlotte was doing? Their 49er DC strategy was intentionally designed to deprive LJ the time to throw deep or scramble out of the pocket ..........they were bringing 7 or 8 every play, alternating corner and LB blitz packages that makes it impossible for any 5 man OL to block 7 or 8 defenders.

CBP adjusted and 56 points later, he completed his teaching clinic. Charlotte's staff had very few options; either sell out defensively, or allow the UL offense to dictate its own game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT