ADVERTISEMENT

Off the Grid Observations #3

Dec 2, 2004
Mercer Pennsylvania
Cardhack, you stole some of my thunder, but I will elaborate since you and I are on the same wavelength

1. Our defensive line is way too small. Cardhack in his post went over this pretty thoroughly. 255 pound 5 tech DT's ain't going to cut it. I support coach Brown and what he wants to do, but this isn't the Sun Belt. Not all of our opponents are running some cute Air Raid spread. Stoops, Addazio, Swinney want to punch you in the mouth over and over again. And when your interior defensive line is only slightly larger than the backs running the ball, that's a problem. 300 pound guys can move just as well and looking at the UK offensive line yesterday, I knew we were in trouble. Those guys were huge.

2. That being said, I think our defense is just tired. You can't give that effort every week and not get worn down. The bowl break will be a big help.

3. Where were the tight ends? A huge part of our offense and they were absent. Both blocking and receiving

4. Can't make so many mistakes on one drive. Dawkins, you got to make that catch and then to follow it up with a false start, and correct me but was that the same drive as the holding call that wiped out a big run by Hawkins? I think it was.

5. A fake punt inside the 25, really? Yet the defense held them to a field goal and that was a win, kind of.

6. Becton will leave and make his money, but I'm sorry I think it's a mistake. Why would you leave when you don't need too? And it sure as hell isn't "striking while the iron is hot" his play has been good, not great this year. Plus he is too heavy. 370 pounds with a lack of foot speed means NFL pass rushers are going to have him spinning in circles. Lose 35 pounds and get quicker, come back next year and work your way into the top 15. That's better money, but he has to live with that and we'll go on

7. Glad to be back bowling and I look forward to who and wear we play. God bless and I hope you all have had a great Thanksgiving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.