ADVERTISEMENT

Odds Increasing that Jurich is Retained

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with that.. Most fans I know we're ready to send him down the road after strippergate..
I would challenge that stat, and whatever stat it was, I'd question whether it was entirely based on the McGee saga...

I would challenge that stat, and whatever stat it was, I'd question whether it was entirely based on the McGee saga...
Of course you would..
Hell you still think he got railroaded and would probably still take him back..
Don't fear change my friend, we'll be ok post Rick.. Post TJ for that matter. We're Louisville.!

Of course you would..
Hell you still think he got railroaded and would probably still take him back.. Don't fear change my friend, we'll be ok post Rick.. Post TJ for that matter. We're Louisville.!
I'm guilty of being a data slave and a tireless discriminator of evidence vs. accusations.

Pitino wasn't "railroaded" because he lost his job; there was evidence to justify that. But so far, there hasn't been evidence presented of much else.

Exaggerations (like "most fans...strippergate") and accusations are seldom arguments based in sound analysis. OK if you wanna believe that or even state it, just don't expect everyone to quietly stand by while you do. But then, you already knew that...

My argument is not to be ridden of sports entirely, obviously. It's moreover putting more of our budget towards academics. Sports revenue saw obscene numbers that could benefit the institution greatly, instead of paying off others in athletics department on account of nepotism.
i think you are misunderstanding how the finances work. all the new sports buildings come from donors to the athletic fund i think, not the academic fund so all those new facilities the money has to go there and not be shared because that's what the donations were for. the athletic department is a separate entity financially from the academic side so they don't share funds. the funding for academics comes from teh state budget which has removed over $200 million from colleges and universities across the state and thus every single college raised tuition to account for the loss of funds. none of it has to do with athletics. so complaining the athletics raises prices is absolutely false. prices are raised because teachers and professors want more money, better facilities, etc. it'll still cheap compared to many other places to go. so all the imporvements on the academic side comes from their donations and comes directly from students tuition. so higher prices should be blamed on professors not athletics and the upgrades of campus buildings are paid mostly by athletics. before athletics u of l was a lousy commuter school. now sports kids comes to live on campus. that's athletics not academics bringing them here.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr and BPGhost
The athletic department does affect tuition prices when the college is forced to subsidize the AD with over 7million per year just to break even. Would not be nearly as disturbing if Athletic department and UL foundation weren't paying the AD over 5 million. I understand that he changed the department completely, but there is no way possible he is worth that much money. OSU, Texas, Alabama are among the largest earning athletic departments in the nation and don't pay their directors that much.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
The athletic department does affect tuition prices when the college is forced to subsidize the AD with over 7million per year just to break even. Would not be nearly as disturbing if Athletic department and UL foundation weren't paying the AD over 5 million. I understand that he changed the department completely, but there is no way possible he is worth that much money. OSU, Texas, Alabama are among the largest earning athletic departments in the nation and don't pay their directors that much.
Pretty much this. However, that's all fake news to the TJ & RP nut huggers.

i think you are misunderstanding how the finances work. all the new sports buildings come from donors to the athletic fund i think, not the academic fund so all those new facilities the money has to go there and not be shared because that's what the donations were for. the athletic department is a separate entity financially from the academic side so they don't share funds. the funding for academics comes from teh state budget which has removed over $200 million from colleges and universities across the state and thus every single college raised tuition to account for the loss of funds. none of it has to do with athletics. so complaining the athletics raises prices is absolutely false. prices are raised because teachers and professors want more money, better facilities, etc. it'll still cheap compared to many other places to go. so all the imporvements on the academic side comes from their donations and comes directly from students tuition. so higher prices should be blamed on professors not athletics and the upgrades of campus buildings are paid mostly by athletics. before athletics u of l was a lousy commuter school. now sports kids comes to live on campus. that's athletics not academics bringing them here.
You're still not grasping the concept that the budget is one in the same. Professors and AP's want more money, because their pay has remained stagnant, whilst others involved in the athletic realm has skyrocketed through the roof. You scapegoating teachers and professors is quite a laugh. Thanks, I needed a good chuckle today. Literally everything you posted is false rhetoric.

Pretty much this. However, that's all fake news to the TJ & RP nut huggers.

Show me? Because if anything it’s the other way around. I know for a fact the University was getting a ton of money from the UL Hospital.

Show me? Because if anything it’s the other way around. I know for a fact the University was getting a ton of money from the UL Hospital.
Per reports the University had to give the Athletic Department over 7 million to even the budget. The fact that the Athletic director was paid over 5 million is a large part of that. Not to mention the 7 million salary for Pitino. Please tell me what Pitino did to deserve a 7 million per year salary. That's Coach K money who is widely regarded as one of the best coaches of all time. Then look at the money that Ramsey wasted while over the UL Foundation, and the reports today the college and Foundations credit scores are being reviewed due to the large mismanagement of funds found in the internal audit. Yes I am a UK fan, and if this happened at UK I would be looking for heads to roll. UL is a great school, in a great conference, with really good teams. The fans, employees, students, athletes all deserve much better than what has happened.

Per reports the University had to give the Athletic Department over 7 million to even the budget. The fact that the Athletic director was paid over 5 million is a large part of that. Not to mention the 7 million salary for Pitino. Please tell me what Pitino did to deserve a 7 million per year salary. That's Coach K money who is widely regarded as one of the best coaches of all time. Then look at the money that Ramsey wasted while over the UL Foundation, and the reports today the college and Foundations credit scores are being reviewed due to the large mismanagement of funds found in the internal audit. Yes I am a UK fan, and if this happened at UK I would be looking for heads to roll. UL is a great school, in a great conference, with really good teams. The fans, employees, students, athletes all deserve much better than what has happened.
We do deserve much better.

Reactions: midniter
UofL is in a great conference because of Jurich. UofL’s great teams are largely a result of all the work the Jurich did laying the foundation for the athletic department and the level of coaches that he has brought in.

So, when/if the Athletic Dept goes in the tank, where's the money coming from?

Music Dept concerts?
According to a report in the Courier Journal on 10 -05-17, 98% of the cash went to Pitino under the current deal with Addidas which expires July 1. In 2015-2016, Pitino received $1.5 million under his personal services agreement with the apparel company

Perhaps you can keep chewing on the fodder the hierarchy keeps feeding you. I've already stated my case, where do you believe the funds will come from, seeing as we're in a 48 million dollar budget short fall? Can't wait to hear this.

You seem to be the expert, why don't you tell us?! Or are you just someone from the academic side that is jealous? It's ok, just own it. Postel your buddy?

You seem to be the expert, why don't you tell us?! Or are you just someone from the academic side that is jealous? It's ok, just own it. Postel your buddy?
Yeah, you seem like a true fan of the University of Louisville o_O. Not jealous at all, just infuriated that some in our "fan base", seem to think academics are meaningless. Think what you want about me, but your post speaks volumes about your lack of admiration for the University.

Academics is and should be the priority of the University and at the end the only reason it exists. Forgetting that very tenent is why we find ourselves in this mess.

Simply put, the University does not and never did exist for your entertainment.
This.

Academics is and should be the priority of the University and at the end the only reason it exists. Forgetting that very tenent is why we find ourselves in this mess.

I understand the mission of the University. I attended the University and received an education from the University. I also enjoy the athletic side of the University and understand that without the athletic side the University would not be in the ACC right now. The ACC raises the profile of the entire University. Still waiting for 1986 to let us know where the funding will come from.

Why don't you worry about your own team, we don't need or want any comments from the litter box crowd.. Hopefully the FBI shows up in Lexington soon and you can have your own issues to worry about..

It's great we're in the ACC, and having our tainted success, and misappropriation of funds certainly played a tight role into garnering such clout and becoming a part of such an elite conference. However, some you guys are missing the obvious point I've been trying to make.What is the cost of having our athletics program enter the upper-echelon worth the risk of jeopardizing the well-being of the school, and the image of our University as a whole?

Athletics put the university in the ACC - which will benefit the academic side of things exponentially greater than what they would have earned on its own.

And it’s “academics are”, not “academics is”. Guess you went to college on an athletic scholarship - lol.

It's great we're in the ACC, and having our tainted success, and misappropriation of funds certainly played a tight role into garnering such clout and becoming a part of such an elite conference. However, some our missing the obvious point I've been trying to make. At what cost and having our athletics program enter the upper-echelon is worth the risk of jeopardizing the well-being of the school, and the image of our University as a whole?
Please describe the “image” of the UofL to the outside world pre-Jurich.

Those reports are wrong. Stop getting your information from the CJ.
It's what he allowed people to do. Also, if you think our budget shortfall has nothing to do with athletics, you're naive beyond belief. Step on to campus and tell me that any money has been put into the buildings our students enter day in, and day out. Humanities and Strickler haven't been renovated since the 70s, Ford Hall and our Student Activity Center is a joke, Ekstrom finally got some money put into it after 15 years of it looking like a run down airport, yet its still half assed and under construction. Our budget is primarily based on funding athletics. I can't believe anyone would insinuate tuition hikes and lack of on campus development, regarding academics is fake news.
UL1986, this is the most idiotic post I've read since this board was founded, You obviously haven't been on campus since 1986. And your lack of basic University accounting shows that you must have majored in the humanities.

The 7 mil from the University budget is nothing more than an accounting item of a student athletic facility fee, something occurring at most P5 schools. The students voted for the increase and it allows them access to athletic facilities and extremely discounted tickets. It is budgeted by the University because the athletic fund is accounted separately therefore athletics can't charge students fees as a bylaw.

Athletic funds exists through private giving. These funds wouldn't exist in any other form. If the athletic department didn't exist, the University would not get a dime more than it is getting now. Rather, it is widely known that when athletics is winning private donations go up in athletics as well as academics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT