ADVERTISEMENT

Nyah Green

real2it

4500+
Gold Member
May 16, 2006
Hey Sonja do you know why Nyah Green doesn't get any run. I was impressed that coach could talk a MCDickie to RS but after a year in the program she is still not seeing the court.

Hey Sonja do you know why Nyah Green doesn't get any run. I was impressed that coach could talk a MCDickie to RS but after a year in the program she is still not seeing the court.
I don't know the official reason, but, simply put, there are better in front of her right now. That's not to say she won't compete for playing time down the road, but with Dana, HVL, Kianna, Ahlana, Norika, Kasa and "E" all playing quite well, and only 200 minutes of playing time to distribute, some tough choices have to be made. I'd love to see her get more minutes, but, I'll trust in the brain-trust that makes these kind of calls.

--sonja--

Hopefully she sticks with it and not transfer and be the next D. Evans!

Hopefully she sticks with it and not transfer and be the next D. Evans!
My only concern with this team and it is a very small one, but I worry about depth and god forbid, injuries. I know the WBB’s game is a little different than the men but the athleticism is getting a lot better.

Reactions: real2it
Right now we have plenty of depth but you never know with injuries. Someone Who is not a starter but I like a lot is Kono. She is very athletic and fluid with her moves.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Right now we have plenty of depth but you never know with injuries. Someone Who is not a starter but I like a lot is Kono. She is very athletic and fluid with her moves.
Only 7 players had more than 16 minutes and the most points by any player besides the starting 5 had 4...

Nyah is not as good as the players in front of her. She is solid but doesn’t do anything particularly well. She has slow feet, to slow to play guard and not talk enough to be effective down low.

I would be surprised if she makes it four years if he keeps stockpiling talent.

Nyah is not as good as the players in front of her. She is solid but doesn’t do anything particularly well. She has slow feet, to slow to play guard and not talk enough to be effective down low.

I would be surprised if she makes it four years if he keeps stockpiling talent.
It's been a crazy season so far and I'm not going to count Nyah out of the equation, because you never know what lies ahead. I think she'll be ready if the Cards need her in a tough situation and I'm content in letting Coach and the coaches determine what is needed on the court at what times. Remember, they see these players every day in practice and know their skill sets quite a bit better than we, the fans, do.

We have multiple weapons, immense talent and no "me first" egos on this squad.

--sonja--

Fans are always thinking our players are not happy and sometimes they come in thinking they are better than they actually are and end up transferring. Nyah is very talented but plays on a team with a lot of talent. Knowing that playing here was her dream, I don’t feel she is that player that jumps ship this early in her career. Hard work will pay off if she’s giving the effort in practice.

Nobody said that anyone was unhappy, but players want to play. I don’t think Seygan or Lindsey were unhappy, but they transferred because they wanted to play.

Nyah may stay all four years, someone could get hurt, anything could happen, but if we keep recruiting on the same trajectory, she will have a difficult time cracking the rotation.

Nobody said that anyone was unhappy, but players want to play. I don’t think Seygan or Lindsey were unhappy, but they transferred because they wanted to play.

Nyah may stay all four years, someone could get hurt, anything could happen, but if we keep recruiting on the same trajectory, she will have a difficult time cracking the rotation.
Seygan and Lindsey didn’t have the game to play a lot of minutes at Louisville, Nyah does in time.

Reactions: Bardman
Well I‘m now eating my words. Apparently, Nyah is in the transfer portal. Something about Texas girls leaving early.

I can see why competition is really tough and next year we have 2 more really good players coming in so it gets tougher.

That is disappointing. I thought when she came in she would make an impact. What players can do at the HS level can be a far cry what they can do at the college level.

You know you're loaded when a player of this caliber feels she must transfer in order to get on the court.

Nyah is a good player I got to see a couple of her games here in TX. I thought it was masterful for CW to convince her to RS if she wasn't going to get a ton of run last year. With that being said IMO it's not a good look if a player RS and still can't find the court unless injuries are involved. I think that can be used against us negatively in the recruiting process. I have zero knowledge of what the coaches see in practice and I trust CW assessment. I just think it's not a good look that a McDonald's All-American is transferring because she got recruited over. If it is a talent or system fit issue then more needs to be done in the vetting part on the front end.

Personally looking at her body shape she looked slow of foot for what CW wants to do from that position. But again, someone has to see that in the recruiting process. We have the talent on this roster to run girls in and out in waves if CW wanted too do so. Giving other players extended minutes could also work in the favor of keeping players fresh. I watched the Depaul game and the Duke game and wondered why Evans played so many minutes. I think the longer a player is on the court the more chances you run the risk of them getting hurt, especially if the game is not in the balance. I hate to see her go but look forward to seeing how the roster continues to take shape.

I think this is Dana’s team this year and CW is giving her the reigns. She could of gone pro last year but decided to come back this year and try to win a National Title. I am curious to see how the rest of the season goes with this lineup. Personally I really like it because it is fast paced and we have the shooters who can knock it down.

It will be interesting to see how we do against bigger teams. Syracuse has a front line of 6’7”, 6’5” and 6’3”. That will tell us how we can do against a bigger team and whether or not this lineup will stay the same. I trust CW and staff and am confident he is playing the right players.

Nyah was an early bloomer, one who committed early in the recruiting process. Her sophomore year in HS she was rated #1 in her class and slowly recessed after that. She looked very average in the McDonalds game and once she arrived to campus I was worried how she would fit in.

Once the RS was announced at that time it was 50/50 if she would make it. When she didn’t crack the rotation the writing was on the wall. We have an abnormal amount of talent stock piled. Nyah is the first but won’t be the last. I suspect atleast one a year at the rate CW is recruiting.

They’re not in the same category CJW can coach and Cal can’t, also CJW isn’t connected to a shoe company recruiter who funnels players to certain schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT