ADVERTISEMENT

Nwora and Perry

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Perry and, especially, Nwora were great sparks off the bench today. Without Nwora's play in the first half, the team would have been in trouble. I liked his drives and finishes at the rim and his outside shooting and rebounding.

I really liked Perry's tough defense on BC's guards. He has a lot of trouble on the offensive end most of the time, but he plays defense like his life depends on it. Glad to see it.

Perry and, especially, Nwora were great sparks off the bench today. Without Nwora's play in the first half, the team would have been in trouble. I liked his drives and finishes at the rim and his outside shooting and rebounding.

I really liked Perry's tough defense on BC's guards. He has a lot of trouble on the offensive end most of the time, but he plays defense like his life depends on it. Glad to see it.
They were, but like most frosh, they will play better at home versus on the road. Both have a really high ceiling. Sure hope both come back for next year.

I hope they stay as well.

Nwora is interesting as he is 6'7", can shoot the 3, and drive and finish inside. I know we haven't seen that much from the kid but he is real smooth out there when he is on.

Reactions: Deeva and Cue Card
The OP’s point is a good one. But, with that being said, I seriously doubt that either would be seeing much floor time if “Dick” Pitino were still our coach. You, of course, remember his attitude about freshmen. And, by the way, how many times did ANY of us remember Dick Pitino ever saying “coaches mistake”?

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Deeva and Cue Card
Perry is my favorite-but he is like a 0 plus/minus, for every great defensive play he makes a boneheaded one. If he works on his offense and court awareness in the offseason he is going to be one special player.

Reactions: Deeva
I think these guys are the standard college player - and the ideal skillset/mentality that the prior coach was always seeking.

Nwora is already showing more than just the wide-open 3 game, he's got a chip on his shoulder and ain't afraid to get dirty.

Perry is already a nuisance on-ball defender that the prior coach always coveted - his offensive game will take time for him to truly "break-out" but when it does, look out.

I'm just hoping they both want to remain with the program and grow over the next few years.

As of now they both have an ability to step in and give the team a lift - they are not guys to be used as a last choice - they can get after it on a nightly basis - though the results will be mixed.

Good kids. They were at the Padgett Show tonite. Both are kids of fathers who coach(ed) basketball. They were each described in terms similar to Pitino.

No wonder they're here, and hope they stick...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT