ADVERTISEMENT

Now UL going after RP?

Zac2000

New Poster, Show Me Love
Nov 23, 2017
Why? Just settle with the guy and say some good things about him. Thats all he wants. Sit down with RP and say. O k we gotta move forward. We will give you cash and help protect your legacy. Mind blowing its going down this road.

Both sides posturing for the settlement standard legal procedure . The optics will be ugly or awhile

Thats crazy both sides posturing for anything. Honestly i just wish UL would behind closed doors find out what this guy wants to go away. I'm guessing its some official statement saying he knew nothing. Cash is not what RP is after. So i say give it to him and move on. Now going after him just prolongs this circus. This state needs two powerhouse schools pushing forward. Sickens me a man like RP once again looks down on and trys to belittle and take advantage of the people in this state.

Reactions: awf
BS....give that scum of the earth NOTHING. The thought that we would pay him one red cent is mind boggling. He should actually owe the university punitive damages. I am not an attorney, but my father is and he has been saying for weeks that UofL should absolutely countersue.

BS....give that scum of the earth NOTHING. The thought that we would pay him one red cent is mind boggling. He should actually owe the university punitive damages. I am not an attorney, but my father is and he has been saying for weeks that UofL should absolutely countersue.

good! UL is a victim because of HIS basketball program. He's not the victim.
Careful gentlemen, the Z monster will swoop down on you for your sedition against this great man.

Says the jilted yut, still butt hurt 20 years later about pitino leaving them for greener pastures, and a front yard with all of its sod...
Are you kidding? I paid CRP a bonus to go to UL. After all the great things he did for UL..I am overjoyed he went to greener pastures. I bet you still wear your Cardinal Red "Got Pitino" T-shirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerIndy
Careful gentlemen, the Z monster will swoop down on you for your sedition against this great man.
I hope Pitino kicks Postel's and Grissom's worthless a$$es up and down 3rd Street. And it has nothing to do with what a "great man" Pitino is...

Are you kidding? I paid CRP a bonus to go to UL. After all the great things he did for UL..I am overjoyed he went to greener pastures. I bet you still wear your Cardinal Red "Got Pitino" T-shirt.
Pitino landed four McD's All Americans at LPT. The present guy has had about thirty with no better results.

Slapd!cks really know how to spend their money...

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

Pitino landed four McD's All Americans at LPT. The present guy has had about thirty with no better results.

Slapd!cks really know how to spend their money...

Zipp, If I was you I would just worry about your team and not LPT down in Lexington. The last time UL won a National Championship "Legally" was back in 1986. That's 31 years ago. SPENDING MONEY???? The other one in 2013 will be taken down because of the spending money on hooker gate. Spending $100,000 for a basketball player is just priceless in which it might push the basketball program back for another 5-10 more years to win another "Legal" National Championship. With all these law suits going on at UL campus it might take decades to recover. Good Luck and Happy Holidays to you.

Reactions: RogerIndy and awf
Wrong again dumbass - though I recognize that he’s an outstanding coach - I never liked pitino. You and the rest of big hillbilly nation WORSHIPPED the guy to the point that your sad and creepy obsession made the guy want to leave. You still worship the guy - only someone so heartbroken and jilted would continue to have strong feelings for someone who dumped you idiots 20 years ago.

If it weren’t so pathetic it’d be funny.

I've always been anti Pitino, no secret there. If we wind up losing the games, the money and the title, I hope he's raked across the coals.

Wrong again dumbass - though I recognize that he’s an outstanding coach - I never liked pitino. You and the rest of big hillbilly nation WORSHIPPED the guy to the point that your sad and creepy obsession made the guy want to leave. You still worship the guy - only someone so heartbroken and jilted would continue to have strong feelings for someone who dumped you idiots 20 years ago.

If it weren’t so pathetic it’d be funny.
You are truly a gift that keeps on giving, please, keep posting your drivel.

Zipp, If I was you I would just worry about your team and not LPT down in Lexington. The last time UL won a National Championship "Legally" was back in 1986. That's 31 years ago. SPENDING MONEY???? The other one in 2013 will be taken down because of the spending money on hooker gate. Spending $100,000 for a basketball player is just priceless in which it might push the basketball program back for another 5-10 more years to win another "Legal" National Championship. With all these law suits going on at UL campus it might take decades to recover. Good Luck and Happy Holidays to you.
A slapd!ck injected himself and his program into the conversation, kinda like you're doing. I was simply responding.

And I must have missed the news where the FBI has cleared your program for the last decade. Please link that.

A slapd!ck injected himself and his program into the conversation, kinda like you're doing. I was simply responding.

And I must have missed the news where the FBI has cleared your program for the last decade. Please link that.

I'm OK with that record. Great teams great games. It's hard to win a title. UK has won a lot of games in the past decade. Ya maybe UK should have another title. But like i said it's hard. At least UK has been in the conversation more then not. I'm good with that. Plus i played ball. I couldn't imagine being 19 years old and achieve what some of those kids did. At the highest level of coll ball. Ya wish UK had a couple more. God knows we we're in position to get them.

Reactions: awf and oldsports_

I must have missed the news where the FBI was investigating our program. Please link that

Translation please! I'm a little dated on Line Beard lingo, sorry
You dated a dude with a line beard? Kinda weird but to each his own.

I was referring to your oldest son Ricky. How’s he doing? Did he overcome that denim fetish that was passed down to him?

I must have missed the news where the FBI was investigating our program. Please link that
The FBI doesn't talk, but other people do...

"...Serious question: Who isn't on the hot seat right now? Honest answer: Only squeaky-clean coaches, probably. Which means the profession has never been more backwards. Big-time winners, possible Hall of Famers, have futures that are very much in doubt..." (LINK)
Of course, maybe you think Pitino Lite is "squeaky-clean"...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Deeva
One Line Beard says CBS Sportsline is just manure, another Retardinal fan quotes and links their article. Which is it? Is BBN going down? lol
Oh, do slapd!cks need more references?...

"...Heading into this season, an ominous cloud hangs over the sport...

More may be coming down the pipeline...

As the season tips off, what we know of the FBI investigation may be just the beginning..."

LINK

I assume (a) there's a hole in the cloud over or (b) the pipeline runs around Lexington...

giphy.gif

The FBI doesn't talk, but other people do...

"...Serious question: Who isn't on the hot seat right now? Honest answer: Only squeaky-clean coaches, probably. Which means the profession has never been more backwards. Big-time winners, possible Hall of Famers, have futures that are very much in doubt..." (LINK)
Of course, maybe you think Pitino Lite is "squeaky-clean"...

giphy.gif

Didn't the NCAA just appoint Cal to a committee tasked to help clean up college basketball?

Didn't the NCAA just appoint Cal to a committee tasked to help clean up college basketball?

Yes they did. Zipp those comments and opinions you posted. Have been going on since Cal has been at Ky. If you would like i can copy and paste other articles from the past 9 years about UK and Cal being dirty. Most UK fans are use to it by now. Hell Cal may be cheating? I have nothing to back that up. Opinions are not facts. Thats whats wrong with Journalism today. Writers use opinions as fact. And people like yourself find comfort in that. In my profession. Only facts work. You made it clear. Your willing to set the UL athlectic program back years. All in anger and some type of revenge for RP and Jurich. UL is on the verge of losing a banner games and a lot of money. Fact. UL is fighting the Ncaa and trying to salvage a UL athlectic program after multiple scandals. Fact. Those kids at UL in all sports. Just want to move forward and continue representing UL and continue winning at a high level. Fact. So It's hard for me to understand why RP would not help end this nightmare. Instead. He decides to do the opposite. Fact. I could go trough RPs last 10 years at UL and point out other embarrassing facts under RPs watch. But you already know them. My concern is. Why is UL giving RP this platform and fighting him? In my opinion. Thats what RP wants. It just seems like a lose lose for UL. Why not just give him some positive pub. Agree to admit he knew nothing and move forward. Of course he wouldn't get 36 million. In my opinion. RP dosent care about money. Unlike you. I would like to see UL come out of this with minimum damage. RP and Jurich are not bigger then UL.

Yes they did. Zipp those comments and opinions you posted. Have been going on since Cal has been at Ky. If you would like i can copy and paste other articles from the past 9 years about UK and Cal being dirty. Most UK fans are use to it by now. Hell Cal may be cheating? I have nothing to back that up. Opinions are not facts. Thats whats wrong with Journalism today. Writers use opinions as fact. And people like yourself find comfort in that. In my profession. Only facts work. You made it clear. Your willing to set the UL athlectic program back years. All in anger and some type of revenge for RP and Jurich. UL is on the verge of losing a banner games and a lot of money. Fact. UL is fighting the Ncaa and trying to salvage a UL athlectic program after multiple scandals. Fact. Those kids at UL in all sports. Just want to move forward and continue representing UL and continue winning at a high level. Fact. So It's hard for me to understand why RP would not help end this nightmare. Instead. He decides to do the opposite. Fact. I could go trough RPs last 10 years at UL and point out other embarrassing facts under RPs watch. But you already know them. My concern is. Why is UL giving RP this platform and fighting him? In my opinion. Thats what RP wants. It just seems like a lose lose for UL. Why not just give him some positive pub. Agree to admit he knew nothing and move forward. Of course he wouldn't get 36 million. In my opinion. RP dosent care about money. Unlike you. I would like to see UL come out of this with minimum damage. RP and Jurich are not bigger then UL.
Actually....those comments and opinions were before he went to Kentucky, most of them from your fan base.

Reactions: Deeva and BPGhost
Well hell....who knows best how to cheat than a cheater?
History is littered with governing bodies (government and other publics) utilizing the "skills" of criminals, cheats and other individuals that operate in the margins. The public must think it's a good idea as well, as after all one of trump's strongest lines when asked about the political influence that he bought through the years, was that because he firsthand knowledge of the system, he was uniquely qualified to change it.

Hey uofk fan
Its UofL not UL

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva and BPGhost
Actually....those comments and opinions were before he went to Kentucky, most of them from your fan base.

You mean some of these ;

Kansas vs Memphis….it is time for Kansas to win another. Memphis is a great team, but I simply cant pull for Calipari and the way he runs a program. Rock Chalk Jayhawk….Matt jones

5 Responses to “Cats Fans Happy with Tonight’s Outcomes”
1.Cat Fan Says:
April 5th, 2008 at 11:55 pm
Go Tigers. Memphis is absolutely loaded.

2.Cat Fan Says:
April 5th, 2008 at 11:56 pm
Not sure why everyone wants to pile on Cal. He can absolutely get the best players in the country to come to Memphis and he plays an exciting brand of basketball.

3.Matt Jones Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:01 am
All the while running one of the dirtiest programs in America….

15.Matt Jones Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:57 am
I am not going to make a post on the subject. But travel in recruiting circles and you won’t find anyone who thinks that program is clean. You are free to have any feeling about Calipari u wish but I am nota fan of his tactics on building a program.
"

You mean some of these ;

Kansas vs Memphis….it is time for Kansas to win another. Memphis is a great team, but I simply cant pull for Calipari and the way he runs a program. Rock Chalk Jayhawk….Matt jones

5 Responses to “Cats Fans Happy with Tonight’s Outcomes”
1.Cat Fan Says:
April 5th, 2008 at 11:55 pm
Go Tigers. Memphis is absolutely loaded.

2.Cat Fan Says:
April 5th, 2008 at 11:56 pm
Not sure why everyone wants to pile on Cal. He can absolutely get the best players in the country to come to Memphis and he plays an exciting brand of basketball.

3.Matt Jones Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:01 am
All the while running one of the dirtiest programs in America….

15.Matt Jones Says:
April 6th, 2008 at 12:57 am
I am not going to make a post on the subject. But travel in recruiting circles and you won’t find anyone who thinks that program is clean. You are free to have any feeling about Calipari u wish but I am nota fan of his tactics on building a program.
"
Yeah, I bet he'd like to have those comments back

Yes they did. Zipp those comments and opinions you posted. Have been going on since Cal has been at Ky. If you would like i can copy and paste other articles from the past 9 years about UK and Cal being dirty. Most UK fans are use to it by now...
The problem for you guys is no different than Kansas, Duke, Arizona, or anyone else who has inked a large number of these OAD kids. Any one of them is a potential liability. And since Arizona is already under the microscope, I don't think there's safe harbor for anyone.

Unlike the "past 9 years" with the NCAA, the next couple years will be about the Feds and potential criminal liability. That's the game changer. You just have to hope your guy is, in fact, squeaky clean which IMO is unlikely true of Lite, Self, K, and most of them.

Among headline coaches and shoe companies, did a couple of adidas guys and Pitino just start down this path for the first time? As my generation used to say "maybe the Pope smokes grass"...

john-calipari.jpg

Yeah, I bet he'd like to have those comments back
Only, and ONLY, because he’s taken heat for them - not because they weren’t (aren’t) true. sweaty cal ran dirty programs at umass and memphis - only a fool would think that he’s not running a dirty program in lexington...

Well i agree Rocky on half of that. Those articles Zipp produced we're while Cal has been at Ky. There's been many more .as far as Cal at Memphis. H e ll ya he cheated . I lived there during his time. I worked for the city fire and police dept at the time. I know for a FACT Cal paid players and gave extra benefits. That's why when he came to UK i was worried. And that first class. Bledsoe , Cousins and Wall. Scared the hell out of me. Hell Wall had to sit games and pay back money before he played a min at Ky. That bothered me. Then Bledsoes issues with Cousins getting mouthy on the bench. Absolutely i had my worries. And questioned if this would work. The classes after his Memphis first class at UK. I truely believe Cal realized he dosent have to recruit the type of kids he did at UM.

The problem for you guys is no different than Kansas, Duke, Arizona, or anyone else who has inked a large number of these OAD kids. Any one of them is a potential liability. And since Arizona is already under the microscope, I don't think there's safe harbor for anyone.

Unlike the "past 9 years" with the NCAA, the next couple years will be about the Feds and potential criminal liability. That's the game changer. You just have to hope your guy is, in fact, squeaky clean which IMO is unlikely true of Lite, Self, K, and most of them.

Among headline coaches and shoe companies, did a couple of adidas guys and Pitino just start down this path for the first time? As my generation used to say "maybe the Pope smokes grass"...

john-calipari.jpg

Zipp you could be right. Who knows. Right now UofL has a up hill battle. Why not salvage all the great things available for UofL athletes and the fans Jurich and RP obviously developed? I'm sure all of it can run just fine without Jurich and RP at the helm. That's my issue. Why destroy it on your way out?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT