ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing’s changed with McDonald

Dan is the skipper and it’s his job to bring in the type of talent it takes to compete. It’s on him not his assistant’s imo. Great players make coaches look good.
I think he's got some but they're being jammed up by the guys that are still hoping to get drafted. I know I'm beating a dead horse but I want to win a National Championship before my time comes to leave this world. Let's see what they can do..

Btw I'm being a bit facetious about this but I know there are some talented youngsters. I've seen them.

Last edited:
I think he's got some but they're being jammed up by the guys that are still hoping to get drafted. I know I'm beating a dead horse but I want to win a National Championship before my time comes to leave this world. Let's see what they can do..

Btw I'm being a bit facetious about this but I know there are some talented youngsters. I've seen them.
We need mature talent like all the other schools in the ACC/SEC are getting through the portal. Big sticks who can change a game with 1 swing. Pitchers who can dominate batters. We have none of that. He’s failed imo.

Reactions: Deeva
Dan is the skipper and it’s his job to bring in the type of talent it takes to compete. It’s on him not his assistant’s imo. Great players make coaches look good.
I disagree with this. On most any D1 coaching staffs, one of your assistants if not both are primarily responsible for recruiting. The HC comes in and seals the deal. But maybe that's part of the issue, U of L baseball has been a desired location in the past and our coaches think players are just lining up to come here based on our past history. I think Snyder and Vrable need to get from behind their computers and and recruit like they used to have to do. Nothing says "we want you" more than an in person visit to see you play.

Hey just remember FSU has gone to the CWS 22 times and has never come away with a NC....

Reactions: Bardman
Hey just remember FSU has gone to the CWS 22 times and has never come away with a NC....
Well, there is that. I wish that made me feel better. I would prefer a program first approach as opposed to what I see as a player first approach.

I see it every game over there from family and friends of players. It's about their sons and not the team. I see it,I've seen it for years. We're a pretty good farm system for the majors but sometimes things don't translate into successful seasons. I fear we are in one of those scenarios again over here. Hope I'm wrong 🤞
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Well, there is that. I wish that made me feel better. I would prefer a program first approach as opposed to what I see as a player first approach.

I see it every game over there from family and friends of players. It's about their sons and not the team. I see it,I've seen it for years. We're a pretty good farm system for the majors but sometimes things don't translate into successful seasons. I fear we are in one of those scenarios again over here. Hope I'm wrong 🤞
Just my 2 cents.
Hell, that's what is wrong with every team sport now. Player first, team 2nd. Should be other way around.

• Love
Reactions: Bardman and earsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT