ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina

I started watching other games out of frustration with the Cards performance. One observation was the level of enthusiasm and energy at other schools. WF comeback win over #2 Clemson was actually insightful to see that much support from the sold out stadium fans and the Deacon players.

Tennessee’s win over Vanderbilt was impressive, Vols appear to be worthy of #1 ranking; talented up and down their roster.

Reactions: earsky and Deeva
I started watching other games out of frustration with the Cards performance. One observation was the level of enthusiasm and energy at other schools. WF comeback win over #2 Clemson was actually insightful to see that much support from the sold out stadium fans and the Deacon players.

Tennessee’s win over Vanderbilt was impressive, Vols appear to be worthy of #1 ranking; talented up and down their roster.
I think that it's partly being further North,partly that we've never won a National Championship and partly because our fans have too many other things going on over the weekend.

Reactions: 2330859
They just aren’t very good. They get a decent pitching performance and don’t get enough runs. They go off offensively pitching disappears. This group is mentally up and down.

They used to play with an edge now it appears to be fake juice. They are only worried about their individual stats. Watch how they bunt which used to be a thing they haven’t been able to bunt for 4-5 years now. They rarely move the ball when they really need it. All signs of players not interested/committed in the team success.

Long term coaching message gets stale and they have to figure out how to adjust. The player evaluation freshman and veterans hasn’t been good.

They just aren’t very good. They get a decent pitching performance and don’t get enough runs. They go off offensively pitching disappears. This group is mentally up and down.

They used to play with an edge now it appears to be fake juice. They are only worried about their individual stats. Watch how they bunt which used to be a thing they haven’t been able to bunt for 4-5 years now. They rarely move the ball when they really need it. All signs of players not interested/committed in the team success.

Long term coaching message gets stale and they have to figure out how to adjust. The player evaluation freshman and veterans hasn’t been good.
You hit the nail on the head with that whole post. Couldn't agree more..

Reactions: putter23 and earsky

They used to play with an edge now it appears to be fake juice. They are only worried about their individual stats.

Been saying just this for a minute. Go to a game and it appears to be prevalent. You see less of it from the younger guys and having veterans that are being pushed only seems to have made it worse- clubhouse 😒

This morning, I spent a few minutes taking a glance at the ACC stats both Player and Team. Baseball more than any other sport is numbers - statistics driven. Managers - Coaches feed off stats. Not going to post the numbers here but if anyone doubts why this team is not going to make the dance, just take a look at those numbers.

Reactions: earsky
This game is most likely already done. Such a talent and focus difference.

Cost us one run. Surprised Dan didn’t bench Jr.

Fast ball left up high = 3-0 deficit. In fairness, that last 2 run HR was off a low pitch in the strike zone.

UNC is already half way to a 7 inning 10 run rule. Suspect this game is over already.

Until Heird overhauls the entire program from top (Dan) to bottom nothing is going to change. McDonnell had his glory days but they are over.

Getting swept was not ideal. A complete crapping of the bed, however, was far worse. This team is schizo. Plenty of innings to go today, but this is not a good look.

I think you could write off the last 3-4 seasons as a few down years IF not for this years team not even being competitive. Now we are in uncharted waters. Not saying that MAC is in danger but big changes need to be made.

Reactions: Deeva
It is what it is guys. CDM just doesn't have the horses, especially with pitching. I think it's clear that Mac needs to have the horses to be a great manager. He's not going to overachieve with a average team by managing.

Whether it was Covid or just a change in luck, Louisville baseball has regressed mostly due to a lack of star players. Coach Mac has put a bunch of players in the Big Show, but that looks to be over the last few seasons.

Remember guys like McKay and Smith turned down good money out of HS. Mac was a bit fortunate keeping his star recruits. He hasn't been as lucky these past few years. I remember being disappointed Jo Adell went pro even though it was obvious he would.

If Mac is going to get the mojo back, he better take advantage of the portal like a top tier program should be able to do. I would believe there are lots of top transfers who would like to play for Louisville.

Reactions: 73Card
Like I said in another post…what are the odds big $$ $EC players come after Zion?

Like I said in another post…what are the odds big $$ $EC players come after Zion?
Yep that is what is going to happen not just to Louisville. Georgia Tech will lose their super star freshman too. Just like NC State lost their freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT