ADVERTISEMENT

NFL is becoming lame

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
I'm close to being done with the NFL. This new kick off rule is as stupid as anything I've seen. And of course roughing the QB is the lamest of all, especially if it's star QB.

It's amazing how bad professional sports has become. NBA is unwatchable and MLB now has a running clock. The NFL is still far superior but they're on their way with all this lameness.

I think the gambling on the NFL is what saves it and I'm guilty as hell. Mark Andrews does not have a single reception so far and I need him to get 50 yards.

Lamar does look sleeker but he apparently doesn't have a strong OL.

I'm close to being done with the NFL. This new kick off rule is as stupid as anything I've seen. And of course roughing the QB is the lamest of all, especially if it's star QB.

It's amazing how bad professional sports has become. NBA is unwatchable and MLB now has a running clock. The NFL is still far superior but they're on their way with all this lameness.

I think the gambling on the NFL is what saves it and I'm guilty as hell. Mark Andrews does not have a single reception so far and I need him to get 50 yards.

Well the Ravens technically get the best RB in the league but don't have the OL to block for him or protect LJ. I agree the kickoffs looked pretty lame.

The kick off looks and is very gimmicky! Not a good rule change at all !!
D.Henry is nowhere near as effective in a game that they’re down. Baltimore should’ve spent the money on OL to protect Lamar because they are playing with fire with Lamar having to scramble every other play

I wouldn't have invested that money in an aging running back, no matter how good he may be. You have a star QB, so protect him at all costs and help him out with wideouts.

Reactions: bigloucards
I wouldn't have invested that money in an aging running back, no matter how good he may be. You have a star QB, so protect him at all costs and help him out with wideouts.
Well, Derrick Henry is only 30 years old. Lamar is 27.

Henry is not the problem.

When you force Lamar--or he forces himself--to stay in the pocket/backfield, you're losing that multi-dimensionality that makes him a threat every play.

Not that he needs more called runs...just ask him to take off more on plays where his blocking breaks down or his primary receivers are covered. You gotta have two defenders spying him on every play if he's a legit running threat. He's too lethal in that situation.

Playing conservative with Lamar is not playing to his strengths IMO...

The kick off looks and is very gimmicky! Not a good rule change at all !!
D.Henry is nowhere near as effective in a game that they’re down. Baltimore should’ve spent the money on OL to protect Lamar because they are playing with fire with Lamar having to scramble every other play
I agree. This looks like XFL kind of crap.

Reactions: bigloucards
30 is ancient for a running back. 27 is still young for a QB.
If you say so. What I know is Henry had 1160 yards and 12 TD's rushing at age 29. Not very ancient in my book.

Ravens finally have a top RB to go along with Lamar's rushing threat. The problem is still what it has always been with Lamar and that's his inconsistency throwing the ball. I hate to say it but it's true.

Now the OL has to be better than it was Thursday that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT