ADVERTISEMENT

Next FSU Coach Appears to be..

I was hoping they’d get a bad option. I’ve watched Memphis and they’re very well coached. Now Fuente built the program back up, but he’s done well even with his own players.

He is a good coach the question is will he be embraced or is he a good fit for FSU? FSU is a huge job in that it goes way beyond coaching. It is more like being a governor than CEO. That part of the job can consume good coaches.

He is going to get talent and he has proven he can win. He will have more talent than 98% of conference. Will he be fully supported by the FSU community and administration. Taggert never had a chance.

He is a good coach the question is will he be embraced or is he a good fit for FSU? FSU is a huge job in that it goes way beyond coaching. It is more like being a governor than CEO. That part of the job can consume good coaches.

He is going to get talent and he has proven he can win. He will have more talent than 98% of conference. Will he be fully supported by the FSU community and administration. Taggert never had a chance.

Taggert never had a chance because he was a lousy choice from the get go and was bound to fail.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Taggert never had a chance because he was a lousy choice from the get go and was bound to fail.

That is my point. He wasn’t embraced from day 1. At programs like FSU it really is more about fitting in the FSU community than X and O. The community has to embrace the coach to survive the transition. If the FSU community doesn’t support the hire then that coach can’t survive bad or average seasons.

Look at all the blue bloods when they hired a coach that wasn’t wildly accepted from the get go it almost never works. Oklahoma, Alabama, Miami, FSU, Texas and USC all have hired guys that didn’t fit. Alabama went through 3 or 4 coaches before they landed Saban. Texas hasn’t found another Mac Brown. USC hasn’t replaced Carroll. Miami never found another Jimmy Johnson. They are all unique programs that need the right fit.

For example Miami needs a cocky and arrogant sob. That fits their whole culture. They are trying manufacture swag with the turnover chain. Miami’s enitre swag was they told you they were going to beat your ass and then beat your ass even with 100 unsportsmanlike penalties. You can’t bring in a nice guy into that world it won’t work. Those kids come from a hard place they need a guy that embraces that whole culture because that is the kids they recruit. I don’t think Diaz is a good fit there. Lane Kiffin would have been perfect and I mean perfect. I am not sure he is a good fit at Ole Miss.

Reactions: FlavRunit
Thecycle27 you may be right about the U but the student body isn’t arrogant at all. The University of Miami is a highly rated private academic institution. Their students come from Miami but also all along the east coast especially NYC and New Jersey. But perhaps they do need a coach that joins with the South Miami HS football talent. I know that I like those kids when they come to THE UofL but those kids generally don’t create problems here and they are a good academic fit for the Cards.

The student body really isn’t their fan base. It is the cities when they were really good. Those players socially speaking don’t run in the same circle as the rest of the student body. It is really an interesting dynamic and conflict. The University has always tried to reign the football program in and you can tell by their hires what they are trying to do.

I think the Miami kids that came to Louisville fit the city and university. It is after all a urban university. It has been a good fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT