ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Football Coach of the Year

HiStepper

4000+
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
ACC PM just announced that Mike Norvell is the conference Coach of the Year. I thought it would be Brohm.

That’s so stupid. Picked to win the conference and was a top 10 team to start the season

Vs the guy that lead the team picked to finish, what - 7th? 8th? To the title game and a top 10 ranking

Dumb dumb dumb

Reactions: Deeva and gift_pat
ACC Coach of The Year: Deion Sanders

rodney-dangerfield-get-no-respect.gif

Considering where Florida state was when he took over and where they are now I’ve got no problem with Norvell winning it. When we played them last year you would have put him at a coinflip whether he would be the coach this year and they are currently on an 18 game winning streak. That’s a pretty impressive coaching job to me.

Didn’t like it at first. Then, analyzed the entire season. They went undefeated with a tougher schedule while we lost to Pittsburgh and KY. 2 bad loses. Ky is not a good team. Beating saved their season. Probably right choice.

When you stop and think about it, FSU was undefeated. I have to agree with Mamaw. Actually, I discussed this issue with the family & friends that I had to listen to after the game. I felt that the KY. loss was The nail that cost us & Coach Brohm the most. However, I believe that we can stop a bunch of the naysayers big time with a Win Saturday. Go Cards!!

SHOULD'VE BEEN BROHM! Norvell was projected to win the ACC and they did what they were supposed to do. We were picked to finish 8th and finished 2nd.
That's bullshit didn't Elko win it last year when his team exceeded expectations.
How's that different this year??

Reactions: Reecefor3
I am in the minority here for sure. I ask myself is it harder to win every game when you are the preseason favorite or coming in with middle of the road expectations? Is it harder and more challenging to be the hunted or do the hunting??? I know my response. Congrats to both of them for jobs well done. Tip of my hat to Norvell. Now beat the SonBeech.

Go Cards!

All conference awards don't mean much to me personally. And preseason polls mean even less. Having said that ....

Jeff's done an amazing job this year, with a couple games still yet to play. He has easily exceeded my expectations. And shown me things I didn't think he was capable of.

But let's be real for a second .... He took over an 8-win team with guys like Ashton Gillette, Quincy Riley, Jawhar Jordan, and a host of other key contributors on the roster. It's not like the cupboard was totally bare when he got here.

Now ... he filled out the roster impressively, and maybe even MORE impressively, he got the roster to play cohesively, no small feat.

Winning the next 2 games would put a tremendous exclamation point on a great season so far.

And the future has never looked brighter. Whether he wins COTY or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT