ADVERTISEMENT

New UofL President to be Announced Today!

Courier Journal has learned that the university's 18th president is not a president at another university — or an interim president. A source with knowledge of the selection, but who was not authorized to disclose the new president's identity, also said the person is not from Louisville.

All the mouth-breathers who were shitting their pants for months that Postel was going to get the job can relax. I never understood why anyone with a brain thought Postel was a legitimate candidate.

Reactions: STLNBSE
Attends Kansas basketball games!!!

Good sign indeed!

DZ4C6pqU8AAX0fk.jpg:large

Seems like on paper a solid hire. Interesting that the city has three women university presidents now. (Spalding, Bellarmine, UofL.) All right, another piece of the puzzle solved. Progress, people. Progress.

Seems like on paper a solid hire. Interesting that the city has three women university presidents now. (Spalding, Bellarmine, UofL.) All right, another piece of the puzzle solved. Progress, people. Progress.

I have never cared if they are man or woman, black, white, yellow, red or green, straight or gay. All I look for are they qualified to do the job ahd that they love UofL.

All the mouth-breathers who were shitting their pants for months that Postel was going to get the job can relax. I never understood why anyone with a brain thought Postel was a legitimate candidate.

Can’t figure you out whether you’re naive or something else. Or are you one of those guys that just bounces through life accepting what everyone tells you. Or do you just click your heels three times and that makes you feel better.

You have no clue what went on behind the scenes. As I recall Postel didn’t even want the job and next thing you know he’s a candidate and then a top 10 candidate. So don’t say I told you so because we were darn lucky it didn’t go that way.

Can’t figure you out whether you’re naive or something else. Or are you one of those guys that just bounces through life accepting what everyone tells you. Or do you just click your heels three times and that makes you feel better.

You have no clue what went on behind the scenes. As I recall Postel didn’t even want the job and next thing you know he’s a candidate and then a top 10 candidate. So don’t say I told you so because we were darn lucky it didn’t go that way.

The BOT may not collectively be the sharpest bunch but they aren’t dumb. They recognize that the University needs money (donations) and that’s one of the main job duties of a President. It was plainly obvious that Dr. Postel would be incapable of fundraising at a high level given the divisiveness surrounding his tenure. That’s why I was never worried and said as much many times.

The BOT may not collectively be the sharpest bunch but they aren’t dumb. They recognize that the University needs money (donations) and that’s one of the main job duties of a President. It was plainly obvious that Dr. Postel would be incapable of fundraising at a high level given the divisiveness surrounding his tenure. That’s why I was never worried and said as much many times.

Dadgumit you’re so smart. :rolleyes: I believe the phrase in your third sentence should be “painfully obvious”, but it wasn’t at all since he became one of the “top ten candidates” out of approximately 50 applicants. :p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT