ADVERTISEMENT

New Mod in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
As any poster or reader here knows. I have always been hopeful to have a board that is tolerant to perspectives from other fanbases, and yes, including those hated guys from BBN. :eek: AND I have endured a TON of heat :rolleyes: over my time as a Mod from our posters for moderating towards that end. I BELIEVE I kept a close eye on visitors and got rid of any intruders that couldn't/wouldn't comply with the "visitor rules", which are, "You are welcome to share your perspective and viewpoint, as long as you DO NOT disrespect our program, team, players, coaches, board or posters". I KNOW that warning was made clear to any and all of those who chose to visit here. Most were not able to comply and were shown the door; some were able to comply most of the time, but received timeouts when they crossed the line (then banned when they crossed it enough times), and a VERY few IMHO were able to post here and comply with those rules. HOWEVER, it is now clear to me that the majority of our fan base does not want any outside intruders, at least from BBN. There have been a myriad of reasons expressed of why that is the the case, but the overwhelming factor for me is that the MAJORITY of the fan base feels that way, not just a vocal minority. I still won't be a part of banning posters simply for being from another fanbase, I just don't believe in or support that...but, reluctantly, I won't stand in the way of those actions either. Having said all that, our new Mod, PHCARD has my full support in helping to create the board and environment OUR posters have made clear they want to be a part of. I thank her again for volunteering her time, sanity and well...dignity, cuz she will soon discover what depths people sink to when they don't agree with a Mod. :oops: And, just as it is in any kind of management, at some point in time, everybody hates the boss. :p So...welcome all to a new era in Cardinal message boards, overseen by our new team of moderators.

Last edited:
Well KY, many of my red friends here have been banned in the Liar for just joining the discussion. Don’t understand personally why anyone would go to a rivals board and do anything but read. Red and blue fans don’t play well together behind the keyboard, now do they?
It’s absolutely true that card fans stand very little chance on Rafters. I think it’s a shame. What good is a rad rivalry when you can’t spar with your rivals? So I’d urge you to be better than rafters in this respect. As long as respect is given (and hopefully returned) then I think it’s healthy for the board.

I need all of you to help me keep the trolls at bay. It needs to be done quickly. I can’t/won’t spend hours upon hours everyday being a mod. But a mob of true UofL fans sure can help all of us regain our board. If you are offended or see trouble from a new poster/known troll, say something so I can do something. Use the Report button. TIA

Reactions: gocds and kl40504
Well KY, many of my red friends here have been banned in the Liar for just joining the discussion. Don’t understand personally why anyone would go to a rivals board and do anything but read. Red and blue fans don’t play well together behind the keyboard, now do they?
I breathlessly await your outraged post on the UK boards as to why UofL posters aren't allowed to post there, or why they have all been banned for engaging in civil sports "discussion". o_O
In all honesty I do not get to see who has ben banned from the UK board. If they (UL posters) are banned for simply joining in, I would voice my concern. I do not know that to be accurate. It is really just discussion. I fail to see the big deal.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It’s absolutely true that card fans stand very little chance on Rafters. I think it’s a shame. What good is a rad rivalry when you can’t spar with your rivals? So I’d urge you to be better than rafters in this respect. As long as respect is given (and hopefully returned) then I think it’s healthy for the board.

I was going to take a wait and see attitude BUT, many over stepped on the first day. I was able to see history on these folks. Then their true colors came shining thru. Vile and vicious name calling.

I'm not a KY hater. Those two young boys are my grandsons and they bleed blue. I asked the oldest when he wanted his pic with Lamar, why? He told me I'm going to be watching Lamar on Sundays in the NFL. He's going to be famous and I met him. This pic was at the Yum after Lamar's freshman year.

Why don't we just bring back the smack board so UL/UK fans who want to talk trash have a place to do it.....???
I used to ask the UK folks who would ask me that question, "why don't you ask your admins. to open a forum up like that on your own board". ;) There HAS been a lot of UK posters express an interest in that, but I haven't really heard much interest in that from UofL posters. My guess is we would be vastly outnumbered in any such forum. The main basketball board pretty much serves that purpose now, and, as you know, we are vastly outnumbered over there.

Why don't we just bring back the smack board so UL/UK fans who want to talk trash have a place to do it.....???

Let's see? Wonder why the smack board is gone? Sound Slave, are you going to be the mod? :confused:

LOL, I like your style!
Really? Unless you are actually PHCARD, you do not have a chance. Maybe you can find a Jurich board. OOPS, I will probably be banned for that. If so, its been fun guys and girls.

I was going to take a wait and see attitude BUT, many over stepped on the first day. I was able to see history on these folks. Then their true colors came shining thru. Vile and vicious name calling.
Hey all I ask is for those who do not resort to name calling and attacks be given a fair shake. I’d rather discuss a rivalry with rivals than high five like minded people. That’s not very enthralling.

Really? Unless you are actually PHCARD, you do not have a chance...
Unless PH is actually this message forum's Messiah--and best wishes to her--18 years and 40 thousand posts suggest you may be wrong...

Hey all I ask is for those who do not resort to name calling and attacks be given a fair shake. I’d rather discuss a rivalry with rivals than high five like minded people. That’s not very enthralling.
You and several other posters fail to understand something. We are not here to discuss rivalries with fans of other schools. U of L fans are here to discuss all things U of L. Now if you can voice an opinion that’s clearly not “UK is perfect..” then your opinions are not welcome. U of L fans want to either enjoy our successes or either commiserate in losses or disappointments but it is difficult to logically do it here if U of L is not the primary topic. I know it’s hard to grasp. We can debate/argue with kitties at work, home or dinner table.

@Steelers2012 You manned the ship as well as any person could do it, it's a hard and thankless job that you fought through. I wish @PHCARD the best. But if we are changing things I would like input and please do not think I am attacking you as you are new to this and I just wanted my 2 cents. @Mark Ennis too I'd like you to hear this

But as for me, I ain't afraid of no LPT fan. Honestly, the LPT posters here are better than the ones here that just sunshine pump away. I mean like the guy above, ban guys like that forsure. But the ones that just discuss sports, I don't see a problem. IF they follow the rules and don't insult us, then they should post here. And no, stating that "We beat you guys in football and basketball" isn't an inflammatory post. Or responding to "Cal Cheats" with "No he doesn't" isn't hurting anyone. Rules are rules for a reason.

@PHCARD I have a suggestion? If the new policy is that the group (what like 5 people lol) doesn't want UK fans on this site, then here is my suggestion to make it fair. If we want this site to be us and for us and make rules where its only us discussing. Then please lets make it about Louisville sports and not crying about UK conspiracies.

NO MORE THREADS ABOUT KENTUCKY UNLESS ITS ABOUT WHEN WE ARE PLAYING THEM. Our fanbases obsession and crybaby nature about having any conversation with them just frustrates me. They throw an L's down. "HOW DARE THEY" or show up to our games in their gear "OMG WHY ARE THEY HERE, I AM SO TRIGGERED". They're just some dumb ole rednecks, we shouldn't be scuuurrrred of them.

If we don't want them here, then I don't want anything about those blue necks discussed here. It's not fun to make a "haha stoops is a fatty and cal pays kids" thread if its just going to be a bunch of butt slapping and high fiving agreeing. If we are going to make fun of them or challenge their redneck butts, Id rather say it to them directly. If we want this to become Rupp Rafters style of debate, then so be it.

No more threads about Cal, Matty Bangz, Fat Boy Stoopy, or Brainfart. If we want them gone, remove them from mention until we play them on the field or court. I'd rather them be here to post, but rules are rules.

Being a uk fan I stay out of Louisville affairs and topics. It’s really none of my business. If Kentucky comes up and it often does as Lafors explained then I enjoy defending the team that I follow. I’m thick skinned so I don’t care if folks call me names. I don’t break the rules and it’s fun to spar with y’all about something as meaningless as sports. I have to believe that I’m not the only one who agrees.

If you want to be rafters then it’s not that hard. Just expel all opposing fans. Then you basically create and online pep rally, but it’s really not as interesting as it sounds. Be better than rafters in regards to opposing views.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
I'm not a KY hater. Those two young boys are my grandsons and they bleed blue. I asked the oldest when he wanted his pic with Lamar, why? He told me I'm going to be watching Lamar on Sundays in the NFL. He's going to be famous and I met him. This pic was at the Yum after Lamar's freshman year.
And there’s the rub, one that UK fans from out in the state can’t comprehend. The vast majority of Louisville Cardinal fans have lots of people that they love that are die hard UK fans.

We know that they are idiots (temporarily unconscious) but you still love em.

UK Athletics? Hope they are last at everything they compete in.

Let's see? Wonder why the smack board is gone? Sound Slave, are you going to be the mod? :confused:
Name calling is not wanted or will be permitted huh? Your No 1 poster Zipp always calls all UK fans "slapdicks" and that seems to pass muster. I ask Why? In fact he called me that very phrase recently. I do not call folks names, your team choice is a-ok with me, so I would expect the same coming my way and the same penalties for either. Thanks

I've been coming here since 2014 and found this a very warm and civil message board. I'm glad ND and the Cards are finally playing the sport I dearly love--FOOTBALL. Thanks again.

Reactions: Steelers2012
I've been coming here since 2014 and found this a very warm and civil message board. I'm glad ND and the Cards are finally playing the sport I dearly love--FOOTBALL. Thanks again.
Wait...you're NOT a UofL fan??? GTH....nah man, just kidding. I would never have known you were a rival fan by the way you've conducted yourself on here over the years. Respect.

Wait...you're NOT a UofL fan??? GTH....nah man, just kidding. I would never have known you were a rival fan by the way you've conducted yourself on here over the years. Respect.

He didn't have me fooled and I've probably had him on ignore for years.

He didn't have me fooled and I've probably had him on ignore for years.
Welllll...he didn't have me "fooled" either; the username Ara was my first clue. ;) But in my experience with him posting here, he's never given me reason for concern.

Name calling is not wanted or will be permitted huh? Your No 1 poster Zipp always calls all UK fans "slapdicks" and that seems to pass muster. I ask Why? In fact he called me that very phrase recently. I do not call folks names, your team choice is a-ok with me, so I would expect the same coming my way and the same penalties for either. Thanks

Bu, bu, bu, but....he called me names!

Their mentality never ceases to amaze me.

We live rent free in their tiny tobacco juice stained minds. :D

Reactions: gocds and PHCARD
uk posters are like playing the lottery.

You know right off it’s almost a guaranteed loser. Once in a while you’ll get a little back, but you know the chance of getting a big return is practically zero.

I don’t care for an automatic barring.

But they’d have a short leash.

I do believe some of you KY fans are struggling understanding the message here. Don't come on our board and give your opinion. This is Cardinal Sports board. We will post anything we desire about KY. We enjoy talking trash on you as much as you enjoy talking trash about us on your Liar board. You have no idea the discussions that go on in private messages here. Now to get to my cleaning.

I do believe some of you KY fans are struggling understanding the message here. Don't come on our board and give your opinion. This is Cardinal Sports board. We will post anything we desire about KY. We enjoy talking trash on you as much as you enjoy talking trash about us on your Liar board. You have no idea the discussions that go on in private messages here. Now to get to my cleaning.

I think I love you. :D

Reactions: zipp and Deeva
I didn't realize my avatar didn't travel to other message boards. Ara Parseghian was the coach at Notre Dame when I became a fan back in 1964. I didn't come here to troll or cause trouble. I come in peace to talk a little football from time to time. I happen to like it here. That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Louisvillian
I'm learning something new every day Ara. Thanks for the tip. :cool:

I didn't realize my avatar didn't travel with to other message boards. Ara Parseghian was the coach at Notre Dame when I became a fan back in 1964. I didn't come here to troll or cause trouble. I come in peace to talk a little football from time to time. I happen to like it here. That's all.
I recognized the significance of the name Ara right away. It would be the equivalent of one of our older posters using the name Denny or Howard in their username. Yes...I'm an oldie. :(

I recognized the significance of the name Ara right away. It would be the equivalent of one of our older posters using the name Denny or Howard in their username. Yes...I'm an oldie. :(

For a crossword puzzle worker, you would think I would have noted. Ara clues are a norm in puzzles.

I do believe some of you KY fans are struggling understanding the message here. Don't come on our board and give your opinion.

Yeah, if they say "Hay Tardinals, you suck "...yeah, ban 'em.

If they are not being obnoxious trolls....what's wrong with them giving their opinions? If I say that Bobby P took a sh*t on the Louisville football program, the a UK fan should be able to say it as well(with civility...of course).

Sounds like our new mod might need thicker skin, or thicker feathers...whatever.

I didn't realize my avatar didn't travel to other message boards. Ara Parseghian was the coach at Notre Dame when I became a fan back in 1964. I didn't come here to troll or cause trouble. I come in peace to talk a little football from time to time. I happen to like it here. That's all.
Only time I ever saw a game in South Bend was in 1971 when I was 7 and my Dad, who loved ND took me. I must have been bad luck because an underdog USC team handled the Irish that day and I’ll always remember it was like a morgue leaving there after the game. It was a great place to be for a kid who loved football though.

On a weird side note, as we were driving back to Louisville the next day we were listening to the Bears-Lions game on the radio and there was a long delay after a player went down and it happened to be when Chuck Hughes of the Lions had a heart attack on the field and subsequently died. I think that’s the only time that’s ever happened during an NFL game.

To cap off a depressing trip, my parents had just divorced and that was the last time I saw my Dad for almost 3 years. No wonder I’m a Louisville fan and not a Notre Dame fan. Just kidding. I’ve always had a lot of respect for the tradition of Notre Dame football.

I understand if a rival fan is being disrespectful, but it’s kind of odd you would ban someone for just trying to talk basketball.

I am saying this with all due respect, so don't ban me for simply disagreeing. And I am putting this first because the feeling I am getting is that you will just ban if you find one thing wrong.

But that above just YOUR opinion. That is not the rules. Basically stating "Don't come here with a CatsIllustrated account" is nowhere in the rules. And I respect that you are the mod, but it seems you interpret your job is to make your own rules rather than just interpret the rules. And none of those rednecks you've banned ever seemed to break any rules on this site. They never targeted anyone. And maybe that is how you interpret your job, but I just think it again gives us that little brother label we have fought hard to get past the last 20 years as we have made amazing strides.

We have posters on here that constantly cross lines and break rules. They hijack threads and insult people non-stop. The UK fans honestly contribute more quality posts than most people here. This forum used to have so many great posters, but for some reason they left. And it was something that started even before @Steelers2012 became mod. I like using Rivals because it is a great site and a good way to read and discuss with other fanbases (not just UK). And now that @Mark Ennis has started here, I have considered subscribing.

The problem is that we don't want a Kentucky forum, yet our biggest topics on here are about Kentucky and they live in our head rent free. And don't say we don't, we already have new thread today about some caller calling into to Matty Bangz KSR show. So obviously we are listening and care what they say. Why not listen to Maybin during that time? I know, because Bangz lives rent free in our heads with his soutthhhhherrnnnnn draawwwwllll.

I bet I speak for the majority, if we want this a place for UofL discussion then keep it that way. I bet we'd have more posters come back if we stopped making this a "Cry about Kentucky first and Cardinal Sports second forum".

Hardly ever post on rafters. I wouldn’t recommend having that board as your standard
I'd say don't listen to him and he doesn't represent us, but it seems that mindset of fear of big blewww nation has taken over the forum.

They say they hate UK and don't want anything to do with them, but they'll make a million threads and posts every time something about UK comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT