ADVERTISEMENT

New Bballer in the Portal (would love this)

Yes please. She’ll probably end up at UConn, Iowa or South Carolina 🥵

Oh the racism charge how funny I mean the racism claim has become a joke it is used for everything now. Yeah I think South Carolina plays a trashy style of game. So does half of the teams in the SEC as a matter of fact coach Dawn Staley even addressed it. She even claims that they were called monkeys.

Which I don’t believe I think Dawn Staley just threw that comment in there to make it sound worse. I actually wished someone would have called her on it. Take your racism claim and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine it’s getting old.

Oh the racism charge how funny I mean the racism claim has become a joke it is used for everything now. Yeah I think South Carolina plays a trashy style of game. So does half of the teams in the SEC as a matter of fact coach Dawn Staley even addressed it. She even claims that they were called monkeys.

Which I don’t believe I think Dawn Staley just threw that comment in there to make it sound worse. I actually wished someone would have called her on it. Take your racism claim and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine it’s getting old.
You don't get it. Stay in your closed world

You’re the one in a closed world people are sick of people like you claiming racism for everything. People like you have made racism a moot point it has become a joke. The shame of it is when there is a racism problem everybody now laughs it off because of all the false narratives.

Racism for many people only means anti black when being anti white or anti Asian is just as racist. Way too many people have fallen for the victim mentality as a means to explain their own deficiencies.

We're all human beings and individuals and it's up to each of us to treat people how we want to be treated. If you're clamoring about someone being a racist you need to check your own racism or you're no better.

We all know the history of racism in America but it's all over the world and always has been. It's a human condition that unfortunately will never be fully eliminated, but fair thinking people will seek to identify it truly and not use it as a crutch for self promotion.

Racism for many people only means anti black when being anti white or anti Asian is just as racist. Way too many people have fallen for the victim mentality as a means to explain their own deficiencies.

We're all human beings and individuals and it's up to each of us to treat people how we want to be treated. If you're clamoring about someone being a racist you need to check your own racism or you're no better.

We all know the history of racism in America but it's all over the world and always has been. It's a human condition that unfortunately will never be fully eliminated, but fair thinking people will seek to identify it truly and not use it as a crutch for self promotion.
Easy for you to say. After all you been receiving special priveliges since you was born. You'll never understand.

Reactions: mwdcard
I’ve been working since I was 13 and I will probably work until the day I die to help pay for all the people on special privileges like welfare.

Easy for you to say. After all you been receiving special priveliges since you was born. You'll never understand.
I have in no way received special privileges in my life because I'm white. It just goes to show you don't know what you're talking about. You don't know nothing about me and to assume you do is your racism!

Can't you see? You have been indoctrinated to believe this nonsense. Let's take LeBron James as an example of privilege. The guy has had everyone give him anything he wanted since he was in middle school because of his immense talent. He hasn't had to do much but play his game and that is his privilege. Lots of people of all races can never measure up to his privilege.

Yet, if a white person judges him on his wokeness or his willingness to defend China, the white person gets labeled as having white privilege. It's ridiculous!

This is the 21st century. No one in America is going to go very far being a racist to black people. We know our history as Americans and have opened American society to all races creating the melting pot that no other country can come close to.

For you to continue to harp on racism like it's the 1960's is lazy and doesn't get you anything but self loathing. If you experience a real racist event you will know it, so stop believing everyone's life is inheritly better because of this ignorant notion of privilege.

I have in no way received special privileges in my life because I'm white. It just goes to show you don't know what you're talking about. You don't know nothing about me and to assume you do is your racism!

Can't you see? You have been indoctrinated to believe this nonsense. Let's take LeBron James as an example of privilege. The guy has had everyone give him anything he wanted since he was in middle school because of his immense talent. He hasn't had to do much but play his game and that is his privilege. Lots of people of all races can never measure up to his privilege.

Yet, if a white person judges him on his wokeness or his willingness to defend China, the white person gets labeled as having white privilege. It's ridiculous!

This is the 21st century. No one in America is going to go very far being a racist to black people. We know our history as Americans and have opened American society to all races creating the melting pot that no other country can come close to.

For you to continue to harp on racism like it's the 1960's is lazy and doesn't get you anything but self loathing. If you experience a real racist event you will know it, so stop believing everyone's life is inheritly better because of this ignorant notion of privilege.
Complete denial. Look around take your blinders off

Complete denial. Look around take your blinders off
You want people to think they have blinders because someone has convinced you that chip on your shoulder will get you somewhere.
All it gets you is more consternation.

You don't know me. You have no idea my history but one thing and that is I'm white. So you automatically conclude I have privilege and race blinders.

You are the one with blinders because without them, you have no other excuse.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
The hole in your argument is that there are plenty of rich black people in our country. How did they become so successful if success is only based on white privilege?

My thoughts on this discussion. There is race and there is class. The System of Capitalism was designed by a specific class who's majority just happened to be a specific race. The system is designed to benefit a certain class. Its unfortunate that in Western society, specifically this nation, there is also emphasis on race... And, its unfortuante, that for centuries, the system of capitalism gave rise to certain laws and subsystems like red-lining, illegal education of slaves, 3/5's rules and 2/3rds rules of voting, and lending and grant practices in the 50's that excluded minorities. There is also the steady practice of industrialization and factory wastes at or near minority locations. And finally, in todays world, hoods, drugs in hoods, alchohol in hoods as well removal or de-emphasis or equal spending on educational resources in hoods...

I won't say its impossible for black people to do well or get ahead. I won't even say that its impossible for them to succeed. I would say that they are behind due to laws written in created to expand and excel the upper class. And when 1 race is predominantly lower class, not middle, definitelly not upper, but lower class, with a history of being discriminated against throughout history with clear proof of it... its hard to say "its the same for everyone". The other thing that has damaged certain minority groups has been their own discord. Alot of it, created, historically by the class system and by outside influences designed to keep them scattered and weakened. This is the difference between some minority groups. Their ability to come to America as freemen and support one another and build their communities and isolate their wealth, by keeping it IN their communities to mature it (their wealth) and their communities. Its interesting to see how Nigerians and Chinese come to America and fund each other's businesses and support each other well... and build their conmmunities and establish a sense of positive Identity. Same for Central and South Americans. Same for Asian Indians. Same for other Asian communities. They are not perfect, but they are far more supportive of 1 another, just as the first Americans (Irish, Portugues, Spanish, English, etc) were. Now... you look at Native Americans and African Americans... races who were brought in subjugated or were decimated through purging and settling... and its a different story.

So, final note. I won't say its impossible for success, for minorities. Nor would I say the road is different. Just harder. Lets take a white person who lives in the hood and a black person who lives in the hood.
I can just about guarantee you that that black person's pedigree would include VERY LITTLE home ownership (which is an EXTREME indicator of wealth). His parents may come from a family of 5. And of those 5, maybe 2 or 3 actually owned their own home. And before those 5, even fewer owned their own homes because they may have came from the south where Jim Crow was prevalent and their great-grand parents were probably slaves.. With the white person, it may be vastly different. They may live in the hood, but their parents were probably home owners, and their parents parents were probably home owners... and their great grand parents were probably middle class or even slave owners. I know that may sound silly or ridiculous... but success breeds success.
My grandfather was from Chicago and my grandmother was from Mississippi, They raised their children and owned their own homes. My Grandfather's great grandfather was as a slave most definitely, while his mother and her relatives were Native Americans. My father grew up in a home in Louisville, Ky. He was an Apartment Super-intendent for years, before owning his own home. All of his kids owned their own homes. 1 of his kids, had kids (talking about my grandfather) who ended up on well fair. They fought their way off of it. ONE of them, my cousin (I am in my 40's, she is in her late 60's) has 1 SUPER successful son who is almost VP of a major corporation. His other brother's and sisters... not so successful. HER (my cousin) sisters each have many children who are at the poverty line or below.... because, presumably, THEY were at the poverty line and below for most of their lives...after their mother... (my dad's sister) was at the poverty line for a bit.

So its weird weird history of how things go... and how powerful poverty and home ownership and generational wealth can be. You buy a home, you store up wealth, you set aside wealth. You help your kids get wealthy... you keep it moving... That is the middle class way. Meanwhile, Upperclass is 2 parts generational Wealth, and 1 part "created wealth" like your NBA and NFL and MLB, and NHL stars, and rappers, and musicians... and Tech-lords... and Real-estate moguls and Stock Emperors...and Small Business tycoon.

Some of us are still trying to figure it out. But to say "everything is even stevens" and "Racism has no effect" is still a big question that has yet to have any sort of 100% truth to it.

My thoughts on this discussion. There is race and there is class. The System of Capitalism was designed by a specific class who's majority just happened to be a specific race. The system is designed to benefit a certain class. Its unfortunate that in Western society, specifically this nation, there is also emphasis on race... And, its unfortuante, that for centuries, the system of capitalism gave rise to certain laws and subsystems like red-lining, illegal education of slaves, 3/5's rules and 2/3rds rules of voting, and lending and grant practices in the 50's that excluded minorities. There is also the steady practice of industrialization and factory wastes at or near minority locations. And finally, in todays world, hoods, drugs in hoods, alchohol in hoods as well removal or de-emphasis or equal spending on educational resources in hoods...

I won't say its impossible for black people to do well or get ahead. I won't even say that its impossible for them to succeed. I would say that they are behind due to laws written in created to expand and excel the upper class. And when 1 race is predominantly lower class, not middle, definitelly not upper, but lower class, with a history of being discriminated against throughout history with clear proof of it... its hard to say "its the same for everyone". The other thing that has damaged certain minority groups has been their own discord. Alot of it, created, historically by the class system and by outside influences designed to keep them scattered and weakened. This is the difference between some minority groups. Their ability to come to America as freemen and support one another and build their communities and isolate their wealth, by keeping it IN their communities to mature it (their wealth) and their communities. Its interesting to see how Nigerians and Chinese come to America and fund each other's businesses and support each other well... and build their conmmunities and establish a sense of positive Identity. Same for Central and South Americans. Same for Asian Indians. Same for other Asian communities. They are not perfect, but they are far more supportive of 1 another, just as the first Americans (Irish, Portugues, Spanish, English, etc) were. Now... you look at Native Americans and African Americans... races who were brought in subjugated or were decimated through purging and settling... and its a different story.

So, final note. I won't say its impossible for success, for minorities. Nor would I say the road is different. Just harder. Lets take a white person who lives in the hood and a black person who lives in the hood.
I can just about guarantee you that that black person's pedigree would include VERY LITTLE home ownership (which is an EXTREME indicator of wealth). His parents may come from a family of 5. And of those 5, maybe 2 or 3 actually owned their own home. And before those 5, even fewer owned their own homes because they may have came from the south where Jim Crow was prevalent and their great-grand parents were probably slaves.. With the white person, it may be vastly different. They may live in the hood, but their parents were probably home owners, and their parents parents were probably home owners... and their great grand parents were probably middle class or even slave owners. I know that may sound silly or ridiculous... but success breeds success.
My grandfather was from Chicago and my grandmother was from Mississippi, They raised their children and owned their own homes. My Grandfather's great grandfather was as a slave most definitely, while his mother and her relatives were Native Americans. My father grew up in a home in Louisville, Ky. He was an Apartment Super-intendent for years, before owning his own home. All of his kids owned their own homes. 1 of his kids, had kids (talking about my grandfather) who ended up on well fair. They fought their way off of it. ONE of them, my cousin (I am in my 40's, she is in her late 60's) has 1 SUPER successful son who is almost VP of a major corporation. His other brother's and sisters... not so successful. HER (my cousin) sisters each have many children who are at the poverty line or below.... because, presumably, THEY were at the poverty line and below for most of their lives...after their mother... (my dad's sister) was at the poverty line for a bit.

So its weird weird history of how things go... and how powerful poverty and home ownership and generational wealth can be. You buy a home, you store up wealth, you set aside wealth. You help your kids get wealthy... you keep it moving... That is the middle class way. Meanwhile, Upperclass is 2 parts generational Wealth, and 1 part "created wealth" like your NBA and NFL and MLB, and NHL stars, and rappers, and musicians... and Tech-lords... and Real-estate moguls and Stock Emperors...and Small Business tycoon.

Some of us are still trying to figure it out. But to say "everything is even stevens" and "Racism has no effect" is still a big question that has yet to have any sort of 100% truth to it.
Very informative and honest, some make it. But the majority is locked out due to systematic injustices.

You forgot to mention that most black households only have one parent the father is usually absent after the child is born. There a high percentage of teenage pregnancies in the black community where most of the children are raised by the grandmother. Most black students that graduate from public high schools read on a 3rd grade level and the government spends billion of dollars in education to no avail. When most blacks that are victims of a crime it is from other blacks. There is a simple formula for being successful in the United States. 1. Stay off drugs and alcohol 2. don’t have kids until you’re married
3. get no less than a high school diploma. If you can do those 3 things you can reach middle class status or higher, that should be easily obtainable. The black community needs to recognize the problems within their own culture instead of blaming all their problems on the white community. If they can do that they can begin to solve their problems and move forward.

Reactions: 2330859 and uncle_D
You forgot to mention that most black households only have one parent the father is usually absent after the child is born. There a high percentage of teenage pregnancies in the black community where most of the children are raised by the grandmother. Most black students that graduate from public high schools read on a 3rd grade level and the government spends billion of dollars in education to no avail. When most blacks that are victims of a crime it is from other blacks. There is a simple formula for being successful in the United States. 1. Stay off drugs and alcohol 2. don’t have kids until you’re married
3. get no less than a high school diploma. If you can do those 3 things you can reach middle class status or higher, that should be easily obtainable. The black community needs to recognize the problems within their own culture instead of blaming all their problems on the white community. If they can do that they can begin to solve their problems and move forward.
Right on and well stated 👍

Reactions: 2330859
Let me help you out a little bit...

Here are the sobering numbers published here https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/543941-americas-single-parent-families/

I am sure its not the full picture but the gist of it is that
  • 21% of White Children live in a Single Parent Home
  • 28% of Latino Children live in a Single Parent Home
  • 51% of Black Children (as of 2018) live in a Single Parent Home.

Now, lets do one more examination:
  • 21% of the Poverty stricken population is African American (24% is Native American)
  • I spent 20 minutes looking for the percentage of African Americans living in Poverty which is a key factor. Its hard to find. It could be anywhere from 41% to 77% of African American's growing up in poverty.
  • One demographic that gets lumped in with African Americans is 1st and 2nd and 3rd generation African (Nigerian, Guana, Ethiopian) Continent refugees and emigrants. They skew the numbers a great. Why do I say this? Typically, most emigrants come to this country in family units (Husband\Wife\Children). Also, they tend to form communities and stick together better and support one another. This is VERY important. I will reference a friend of mine's success. His father came to this country from Nigeria with his wife, his son (my friend) and 2 daughters. They clung together as family unit. They were helped by other family members and Nigerian community as a whole, up in Michigan and now, out here in AZ. My friend's father ran a contracting business. My friend worked with his father but now has his own business making very good money to where he owns a $1 million house, out in Gilbert AZ (one of the most expensive middle to upper class neighborhoods), has paid off vehicles, has his own warehouse. He is married with 6 kids, 7th on the way, to a Certified Nurse who is African American, came from a dual parent home, where her father was a Dentist and mother was an Educator. Her sisters are nurses down in Mississippi. He lives and breaths Trump ideoly. He believes America is the greatest country in the world and that you can do anything if you put your mind to it and that race is not a factor. Believe it or not, despite HIS success, his father feels otherwise. I know it may sound silly, but for 400 years, African Americans were slaves. The women were bred with the men, like life stock. The term MF was derived from a 25 to 45 year old Slave woman having a sack placed over her head and being forced to breed with her 13 to 30 year old son. When the women were not bread by their sons, cousins, uncles, or fathers, they were breed by their owners... which was viewed as akin to bestiality. When the child was born, in most cases, depending on their financial situation, the owners would sell the child. Or the mother would be sold to another owner for breeding... Simply put, Family units were not rare, in slavely, but their were not common either. After slavery, they became more common... Single parent households were very rare throughout the US. You could also make note that several African American "FUBU" (For Us, By US) communities and towns even cities (Tulsa, OK) sprung up that were the very spitting image of the American Dream that Trumpeons call for today. They had their own banks, Mortgage companies. Black people were allowed to take part in the government...and even gained many seats in congress. But these things were irradicated through various incidents (mass lynchings, genocides, destruction) in the 1930's and 40's. In the 40's potential black home owners were not allowed access to government funded\sponsored grants that would have given them land-ownership and home ownership. They were turned away. In the 50's, 60's and Early 70's, blacks were red-lined. In most cases, they had to get someone who was white to purchase a house for them. My father did this, for the house we grew up in, out in Westport Rd area. We were the 2nd black family in our neighborhood, 4rth minority family (Neighborhood of 300 homes, 2 black families, 2 India Indian families) They could not own property outside of certain areas, and thus were constricted. They could not and would not have access to better learning materials\supplies or resources. In fact, during the 80's and 90's and 2000's, many inner city schools would lose support, be shut down, moving all children to understaff, underfunded, under budgeted, over populated schools spurring mass waves of illiteracy. All in the "Hoods" and "Projects" (its not a lot of difference than what goes on in Appalachia). Alchohol and Drugs were pushed into black neighborhoods as well. Liquor stores on every corner of inner city low-income housing districts. Drugs...and pre-marital sex found its way EASILY into under-educated areas of the country. If your community is weak, lacks successful male role models, has a historical model of 1 another preying on each other and not coming to gether. Drugs and Alcohol and gang violence only make them weaker. Its easy to say "Work hard, don't get drunk, go to school" when you don't have to dodge bullets or mule recruiters, or come home to high or\abusive parents or can go to school to LEARN learn".

So I would say...

1. Instead of diverting more money to police stations and guns and police resources in bad neighborhoods, divert it to education in those neighborhoods.
2. Put caps on College. Make it free. Make a way for Educators on all levels to live more stress free lives. No more inflation for Gradeschool, Middle and Highschool and College Educators. Stop the madness of higher education tuition increases due to cost of living.
3. Remove Drugs, Alchohol, and Guns from our society PERIOD. Its a weird circle that always invites death on each level
4. Yes, no more kids until married, but this really means abstinence from sex. As a Born Again, Apostolic Christian, this was part of my upbringing. Its possible, but not promoted in movies, or on TV...
5. The final point, from a biblical standpoint is impossible. It was told to the Apostles and those reading the bible that the "Poor will be with us always" (Matt 26:11). So we will never completely eradicate the lower class. We can provision them to grow through....

I don’t agree with diverting money away from police stations all you have to do is watch the evening news and see that criminality is getting worse. I agree with putting caps on colleges they are out of control. The government is causing part of the problem by increasing the amount of grant money. Every time they do that the colleges increase the amount of tuition to eat up the grant money. Also get rid of the mandatory food plans the colleges are forcing on students. It is way to expensive and it is causing obesity, when I went to college we didn’t have a food plan and nobody starved.

I agree with stop the drugs and alcohol unfortunately one party is not only advocating it they are giving them out along with needles and a place to do it. I don’t know why the politicians are so lax about cracking down on drugs coming across the border unless they have skin in the game. It is so easy for them to stop it but they just let it go on. Liberals always thought teaching sex education in school at a young age would help reduce teenage pregnancy but it didn’t it increased it. So many problems could be easily solved by using the right applications unfortunately the people in charge are making things worse with their decision making.

Reactions: 2330859
Sorry Phend, the Federal money that you speak of went towards education, urban renewal and welfare for decades without any positive results. It all starts with the family unit, something these Government programs not only failed to address, they resulted in generational poverty growing up in public housing, public education and public assistance that made it more profitable to be unemployed that working. the problem.

I grew up in the 50s with folks of color, well before LBJ launched those failed Government programs, and I can tell you firsthand that African American families were making great progress without the hand-outs.

Just look at the success that other races (Jews, Irish, Italians, Middle Eastern, Oriental, Asians and more recently Mexicans) have overcome cultural differences and even racism to rise above any of the ignorance and prejudices that all minorities may experience in their time in this country; with few exceptions they did it with strong family unity and without Federal subsidies.

Ask Junior Bridgeman how he overcome any limitations based on race to become one of the wealthiest self made men in the ent Commonwealth of KY?

Reactions: TheRealVille
So spot on I remember reading about Senator Byrd Democrat from West Virginia. He was also the Grand Dragon for the KKK and a close friend of Joe Biden. When the welfare vote came up in the senate years ago he voted for it to much surprise of everyone. When he was asked why he voted for it he said “ because I knew once we passed the welfare bill that black Americans would never be my equal”. This is why the only thing I want from the government is to leave me alone.

Sorry Phend, the Federal money that you speak of went towards education, urban renewal and welfare for decades without any positive results. It all starts with the family unit, something these Government programs not only failed to address, they resulted in generational poverty growing up in public housing, public education and public assistance that made it more profitable to be unemployed that working. the problem.

I grew up in the 50s with folks of color, well before LBJ launched those failed Government programs, and I can tell you firsthand that African American families were making great progress without the hand-outs.

Just look at the success that other races (Jews, Irish, Italians, Middle Eastern, Oriental, Asians and more recently Mexicans) have overcome cultural differences and even racism to rise above any of the ignorance and prejudices that all minorities may experience in their time in this country; with few exceptions they did it with strong family unity and without Federal subsidies.

Ask Junior Bridgeman how he overcome any limitations based on race to become one of the wealthiest self made men in the ent Commonwealth of KY?
So true. If only Barack Obama would have been the black leader that would have advanced the black Americans who adore him so much. It could have been a thing of beauty. But Obama's goals had nothing to do with that as his mission which he's had his entire life, was to fundamentally transform America.

I reread his book "Dreams from my father", a few months ago and everything we're seeing today was planned for a long time. Obama all but admits he associates Capitalism with Imperialism so a transformation of the economic and social fundamentals are required.

He only looks at black Americans plight as a means to an end. An end that most black Americans, like the rest of us, do not want to see happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT