ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAT Discussion Thread

Very good game. 19 assists is crazy.

UCLA/Gonzaga should be a good game as well. Cronin has a really good team. They have solid guard play as well. I want to see what they look like tonight against Timme.

All but two players on Kansas State came from the portal. They completely rebuilt their roster and went from being picked last in the Big 12 to the elite 8.

All but two players on Kansas State came from the portal. They completely rebuilt their roster and went from being picked last in the Big 12 to the elite 8.
Yep, so many stories of quick turn arounds like this across CBB now. Take Maryland who faced a similar situation like us with a coach gone mid season last year, a roster and coaching turmoil and 90% of kids transferred out. They still grabbed up Kevin Willard and made the Tournament. It shouldn’t be that hard to get highly competitive quickly in today’s landscape.

After watching UCONN undress a very well coached but undermanned Arkansas team,I'm left thinking they could well be on a National Championship run.
They have all of the ingredients: Size,guard leadership and multiple 3 point threats.
I'm looking forward to a possible game between them and Houston should it happen.

Awesome ending to the UCLA vs Gonzaga game with Zags winning with a long 3.
Went to bed thinking this one was over. Just saw the finish on Twitter. Wow!
It was a great game. UCLA controlled most of the 1st half and held a 13 point lead at one point. UCLA could not make shots in the 2nd half. They didn’t make a FG for 10+ minutes missing a crazy amount of wide open shots.

UCLA missing their starting big hurt. They could not do anything with Timme. I think he would have helped slow Timme down a little bit.

After watching UCONN undress a very well coached but undermanned Arkansas team,I'm left thinking they could well be on a National Championship run.
They have all of the ingredients: Size,guard leadership and multiple 3 point threats.
I'm looking forward to a possible game between them and Houston should it happen.
UConn looks really good right now.

I’m really looking forward to that Miami and Houston game. It should be another good one.

All four games tonight could be really good. Princeton and Creighton do not have the name recognition or tradition but it makes for a good matchup the way they are both playing.

Throw in the Lady Cards and you have a great night of college basketball.

Reactions: Mayoman and earsky
I’m thinking the B1G and the SEC may have been….oh….what’s that word again? Seems like it starts with an “O”. Just slips my mind right now.

Reactions: Mayoman
One and done tournaments have a way of exposing the pretenders from the contenders.

Think how much better the tournament would be without heavily weighting the field with all the deadweight of having the overrated 5th, 6th, 7th and even the 8th best team from the BIG and Sec getting in...or really any other conference for that matter. If'n you ain't better than 4th in your league you haven't accomplished anything that makes you worthy of going dancing.

It makes for good drama to see the San Diego States and Creighton's of the world get opportunities to write those cindarella stories come tournament time.

Eldest g/s told me but I wouldn't listen. I took Mick and UCLA.
I'm the only person who took them in our bracket contest to win it all. I made a decent size money line bet before the tournament on them and a smaller bet on San Diego St at better odds. Hopefully, they meet in the championship game 🤞🤞

Creighton and San Diego St with some hustle and desire that we haven't seen in the Yum in a long time. I know it's an Elite Eight game, but the effort on the SDSU player that hurled himself into the press table on the sideline was awesome.

the Yum Center looks so different in blue and with the NCAA logos.
do fans like our big giant black Cardinal in the middle of the floor? i think it is an eyesore.

Teams are getting smaller but play very physical defense. Very similar to Villanova teams. There just aren’t many back to basket bigs and it is becoming a lost skill. It negates their size advantage.

UConn is going to be tough to beat because of their size and ability to play either inside or out. My guess is they will get San Diego St.

Last edited:
UConn is going to be tough to beat because of their size and ability to play either inside or out. My guess is they will get San Diego St.
UCONN really has it all. Shot blockers,rebounding and multiple shooters.
They were flying high at the midway point of the season before slumping a bit. Looks like they've gotten back to that form.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT