ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA TOURNEY -LOUISVILLE VS MICHIGAN GAME THREAD

I disagree. Pitino played Hicks for a reason. Snider sucked today.

But this team as a whole just isnt good enough to close a game when the game's on the line.

Entitled to your opinion, but your off. Pitino went with Hicks for his defense today. They went away from the inside guys. Go back and watch the game. I do think Pitino went a bit too long with Anas in that 2nd half.

Reactions: American Male
Entitled to your opinion, but your off. Pitino went with Hicks for his defense today. They went away from the inside guys. Go back and watch the game. I do think Pitino went a bit too long with Anas in that 2nd half.

I agree he went with him because of the speed on defense. But our starting pg cant do that

And no adjustments all game long on Wagner. His confidence was sky high from all the easy buckets and helped them stay in the game.

Right. The Cards were countering Wagner early in the 2nd half by going inside themselves, but then stopped going inside and settled for outside shots. Wagner was abusing Adel on the switch, but we were holding on our own inside.

I'm not sure what game some of you were watching.

Anas missed two key dunks. You have to finish those.

Disappointing to see the Cards lose due to some of the key things we have talked about all season.

This is true. Our starting point guard plays such bad on ball defense that he had to insert a guy who played about 2 minutes the entire last month.

This team just wasn't quite good enough talent wise. Our bigs can't finish, and for good measure missed 3 uncontested dunks in two games. Adel is far too inconsistent and also can't play defense. Snider is solid, but not great. Mitchell is the only well above average player on the team. Needed VJ King to do more, but he also couldn't play defense.

This is true. Our starting point guard plays such bad on ball defense that he had to insert a guy who played about 2 minutes the entire last month.

This team just wasn't quite good enough talent wise. Our bigs can't finish, and for good measure missed 3 uncontested dunks in two games. Adel is far too inconsistent and also can't play defense. Snider is solid, but not great. Mitchell is the only well above average player on the team. Needed VJ King to do more, but he also couldn't play defense.

Yeah, it's something we all know and have talked about the lack of on ball defense from this group. It's been a staple of Louisville basketball for some time now. I thought Pitino had a great overall game plan and that the Cards played well enough on defense. They never adjusted for Wagner and stopped going inside.

The youth and inconsistency caught up with them today. It's the little things with this team.

This will be good experience for these guys.

Gotta admit, I'll be rooting for Michigan going forward. They seem to be a team of destiny.

Reactions: Deeva
Pitino just said "We've got our whole team back next year."

Obviously not Levitch, Mathiang, Hicks........

But what does that say about Mitchell?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT