ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championship Game

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
UCONN vs Purdue

Seems UConn winning is inevitable but that's why you play the game.

If they can weather uconn offense without being exhausted in the second half they can. I think they will have to rely on the bench though

I'm sorry but these teams prove just how much men's college basketball has regressed. Louisville's 2013 championship team would roll both of these teams, especially Purdue.

Uconn is a testament of what great coaching can do without sure fire NBA stars. They're very much like Jay Wrights Villanova teams.

What really sucks are these recent years were a perfect opportunity to stack championships and final 4's, which is exactly what Uconn has done. If not for Louisville's self destruction, regardless of who was at fault, it could be the Cardinals winning our 4th and fifth titles.

I can just imagine how good we would be had the Andre McGee BS not thrust the program into self destructive behavior. Pitino would still be here, possibly retiring after winning two more championships.

If only...

Pitino to McGee, Fair. "Do what you have to do, I'm just going to stand over here." What if indeed.

UCONN did it with their defense,smothering the guards of Purdue.
There were a couple of bad matchups for the Boilermakers.

Reactions: Louisvillian
The best team in the tournament won it. A team that lost 5 of its top 8 starters from last year.. Just goes to show, when you have a good coach that can pull his kind of players from the portal a turn around can happen in one season. That's what I'm hoping CPFK can do for us next year.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
UConn had everything; just look at the roster and you can see the size of these kids. Then you watch them distribute the ball so unselfishly on offense, only to turnaround on the defensive end and blanket the perimeter with stifling pressure. Comparing Head Coach Hurley with Jay Wright is a fair one; both great teachers.

Reactions: earsky
It is team basketball on offense and defense.

The ACC should invite UCONN to join. With Women’s basketball exploding. Their dominance in Men’s. They would be a good add.

I don’t like comparing years. We don’t know how games would play out. I would take the 2013 against almost anyone though. People said the same thing when Louisville won it it was a down year.

Louisville was poised to win back to back titles in 2014, but losing that 18 point lead against UK in the sweet 16 I believe began the downward spiral for the program.

The 2014 championship game was garbage as a #5 seeded Uconn team Louisville beat three times that season,
beat the #8 seeded UK team for the title. Uconn has been very fortunate the last decade, winning in 2014 with Kevin Ollie the coach.

There has been a couple great teams since but most tournaments have been "down years". College hoops has its own self to blame as does UofL. Uconn, once again is the beneficiary of this. Danny Hurley wasn't some great coaching guru before last season and isn't one now.

He's good but is just at the right place at the right time.

It is team basketball on offense and defense.

The ACC should invite UCONN to join. With Women’s basketball exploding. Their dominance in Men’s. They would be a good add.

I don’t like comparing years. We don’t know how games would play out. I would take the 2013 against almost anyone though. People said the same thing when Louisville won it it was a down year.
I'd trade Clemson for UConn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT