ADVERTISEMENT

*My Imperfect Proposal: East vs West ACC FB Division Spllt...Updated

Mayoman

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2001
With hot weather and summer boredom closing in I thought I would present my FANTASY new ACC, All Coast Conference league. Just for S&G's it could look like this or that or the other. Chime in with your radical ideas.

14 ACC teams

East:-------West:

UVa---------UofL
V Tech------Cal
UNC--------Stan
NC St-------SMU
Pitt----------G Tech
Duke--------Miami
FSU---------ND?

On another thread I read about kicking out 3 ACC FB teams and who they would be. I vote that it would be BC, WF and Cuse.

Further expansion to replace those 3, I would submit a combo of TCU, UNLV, and San Diego St to help out the Western teams and balance the league E vs W. Or

Or raid the B12 and take WVU, U Cinn, and TCU and UCF to add to the mix and keep Duke and add ND. A new ACC, named All Coast Conference. Would look like this:

West: ---------- East: -------OR --- West:-----------East:
Cal -------------UVa-----------------Cal--------------UVa
Stanford-------VTech---------------Stan ------------UNC
SMU------------UNC----------------SMU-------------UofL
TCU ------------NC St---------------Miami-----------Clemson
UNLV-----------Pitt------------------GTech-----------WVU
SD St----------Clemson------------NC St-----------UCinn
G Tech--------- FSU----------------Pitt---------------FSU
UofL------------Duke----------------V Tech----------Duke
Miami----------ND? -----------------ND?-------------UCF

If I had my preference I would like the WVU, UCinn, UCF adds vs the TCU, UNLV, SD St. I could live with either one. Rivalries gained SMU/TCU, UNLV vs all, Cal vs Stanford, UofL vs WVU/UCinn/UCF would be great for Card fans.

Cards could rekindle old rivalries with old conference foes or create new rivalries with attractive new city destinations..(Las Vegas, Dallas, etc)

BL the FB experience would be radically changed/enhanced with either of these type of expansions and be a much stronger league by leaving WF, Cuse and BC behind (They add little to nothing in FB). And new west division rivalries would be spurred or renewed. Win win for the league and the new teams.

What say you? In playing the ole expansion game???

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News