ADVERTISEMENT

My commentary on June/July recruiting.....

Mayoman

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2001
To me there are too many variables on what the roster will need for the next two years to improve and/or win the ACC.

While reviewing the roster make up for this coming year....I noticed a notable lack of seniors and a lot of juniors/so's who make up the bulk of the players.

The portal catch was awesome but only a few were seniors...but those few were in vital areas of need like QB and OL.

This situation makes sense to me as this years class of RS/True seniors would have been Satt's slim first year recruiting class that we all bitched about then. Who can you name besides Evan Conley of that group? And all he has done is hold a clip board (No offense Evan)

This team will be a fairly young roster and I think this coming years haul will be light in HS's and maybe even in the portal until the season washes out the the chafe from the wheat.

Until Brohm experiences this team in true game action, it is way too early to project what the needs will be for him. CJB may want to do a complete Deion overall...or maybe not. He might experience mass defections to the portal, no one knows the future and how that will play out. And not just for UofL.

Games and their outcomes will give him a much better idea of where to go from here in building his team and roster to his preference for his style of play both offense and defense.

Patience is a virtue and June/July is a Bug in folks patience Jug!!! And a buzz kill at times. So take a Sabatical from the recruiting drama.

Hurry up August and September so we can have something else to ruminate about before the season kicks off...please!

Now carry on the beachen like that really changes anything. If it makes you feel better...that' s why you pay for expressing your opinion here. Enjoy life and don't sweat the small stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News