ADVERTISEMENT

MY 2016 Season Outlook/Predictions

Just don't understand this worry for Marshall. They lost a bunch from a decent team last season. If the Cards struggle with this middle of the pack mid-major then we're nowhere near where we want to be. I also don't see why some can't see beating Clemson and FSU. The last two seasons we had a chance to beat Clemson right at the end and we're much better now and Clemson has lost most of their top defensive players. We led FSU at the half the last two seasons and again we're a much better team now and they have a freshman QB.

I agree they are the favorite but this notion that Cards fans can't see winning when we were so close with lesser teams , I just don't get it.

I'm definitely not saying we don't have a chance versus FSU and Clemson; clearly we have played Clemson very close 2 years in a row. My guess is based on those 2 teams having superior quality depth IMO. But this is a projection, not a game of who "could" we beat, and I just don't have confidence that we WILL beat them this year. I wouldn't give Marshall much thought if it didn't fall in between FSU and Clemson, and wasn't AT Marshall. So, I'm guessing we lose the 2 games we will very likely be dogs in and losing 1 other unexpected away game against a quality opponent. To me, Preseason Projections are for best logical guesses, not optimistic thinking.

I'm definitely not saying we don't have a chance versus FSU and Clemson; clearly we have played Clemson very close 2 years in a row. My guess is based on those 2 teams having superior quality depth IMO. But this is a projection, not a game of who "could" we beat, and I just don't have confidence that we WILL beat them this year. I wouldn't give Marshall much thought if it didn't fall in between FSU and Clemson, and wasn't AT Marshall. So, I'm guessing we lose the 2 games we will very likely be dogs in and losing 1 other unexpected away game against a quality opponent. To me, Preseason Projections are for best logical guesses, not optimistic thinking.
I know what your saying but I do disagree on one front. Preseason projections for me are not about being optimistic or pessimistic. That will be determined by what projection you come up with. Obviously, predictions are guesses. I don't claim to have a crystal ball. But my "guesses" are based on some research of the opponents and the Cards. Of course, over a season that research could change as teams either are better or worse than first believed. But as of now, my guess is this Cardinal team may rival some of the best Cardinals team in history. And to me that means 11-1. But it's just a prediction that happens to be optimistic.

Last year I predicted 7-5 (which I upgraded to 8-4 after the AU game)...we are bringing so much back...CBP seems to be saying all the right things regarding Jacksons progress in the spring and summer camps and the D is going to be better than I thought (I was sure we were going to lose more in the draft). This makes for some serious up side and optimism; so with a solid dose of homerism and pre season confidence I will make my prediction of Peach bowl Champions and a heartbreaking loss in the championship game for a grand total of 13-1.

That actually hurt a little to type out...

Reactions: Cue Card
I'm just glad the waiting is about over. Thursday night is almost here. The anticipation is building! College football is BACK! Almost.

:D

Reactions: beasleythecard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT