ADVERTISEMENT

More crap possibly VJ geez

Coach Mack was visibly perturbed with this news today .Just continues to make his job that much harder recruiting the fans really need to be patient with him more than ever moving forward things are going to be rough for this BB program down the road.

Soon as Kenny comes here guess what we get a McDonalds All american VJ we haven't had too many of those under Rick . I believe just three i think? Chane,Siva and Blackshear

And yes i'm freaking stressing about this bit of news cause you can dam well know we gonna be in the wrong again. We have the worst cheaters ever!

And yes i'm freaking stressing about this bit of news cause you can dam well know we gonna be in the wrong again. We have the worst cheaters ever!
They're all on the take. You just haven't seen the evidence yet...

Worse case scenario...he doesnt play. It ain't on Mack. Feel sorry for Mack...but that decision is gonna be a tough one...play him and risk forfeiting those games or sit and wait and see. Big Mack knew what he was coming into. He'll right the ship.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Worse case scenario...he doesnt play. It ain't on Mack. Feel sorry for Mack...but that decision is gonna be a tough one...play him and risk forfeiting those games or sit and wait and see. Big Mack knew what he was coming into. He'll right the ship.
Yell but that was knowing about the fallout from the powell residual and the orignial FBI . Not this King crap his name was never thrown out since it began only until today. So Mack and Tyra just like all us have been blind sided with this one. Rick really ran this BB program into the ground their is no dam way this MF should see one freaking cent from this school.I rather they waste money fighting him legally for years now.Hell they should sue him for damages

I like Mack's style. And he has some experience to fall back on.

He knew the score when he came here, and I believe when the dust settles he'll get us going again.

I'm not that concerned about guys on the team now. If our current guys have been offered money, they're giving it to everyone. (Don't completely discount that possibility.)

I'm more concerned about the kids we're recruiting going forward. Is a guy like Williamson (Rivals #34) good enough to be getting money? No one knows. Before anyone says "Mack does," keep in mind that shoe company pay-for-play is supposed to insulate head coaches from knowing.

Until this FBI stuff wraps up--and no one knows when that is either--recruiting high level basketball players is risky business. Hope Mack knows what he's doing--Pitino obviously didn't...

Reactions: kl40504 and sk73
Coach Mack was visibly perturbed with this news today .Just continues to make his job that much harder recruiting the fans really need to be patient with him more than ever moving forward things are going to be rough for this BB program down the road.

We have a guaranteed top 10 class for '19 and all the current players eligible to return next year can. It won't be rough.

I'm not that concerned about guys on the team now. If our current guys have been offered money, they're giving it to everyone. (Don't completely discount that possibility.)

I'm more concerned about the kids we're recruiting going forward. Is a guy like Williamson (Rivals #34) good enough to be getting money? No one knows. Before anyone says "Mack does," keep in mind that shoe company pay-for-play is supposed to insulate head coaches from knowing.

Until this FBI stuff wraps up--and no one knows when that is either--recruiting high level basketball players is risky business. Hope Mack knows what he's doing--Pitino obviously didn't...

If anything it is less sketchy now to recruit high rated kids than it was before. Im sure some have stopped with the FBI coming in after others. Logically that would be correct at least. I doubt they'd continue while others are getting caught. Thus, it makes 0 sense for you to not be concerned about the past players, but ARE concerned for the future players, when logically agents would stop providing their underground money system since the FBI has showed up.

To me, it should be the exact opposite.

I'm not worried about VJ. One line is getting stretched for click bait. I like Crawford, but his article is complete clickbait. You can't take a single thing away from that one single line. It means nothing. Especially with Duke basically telling everyone to shutup and that Zion is playing. He'll play or he should.

I would be worried about VJ since his name was mentioned. If they were to dig up anything and if it comes out Johnson gave his family money then there’s problems. And we forfeit every game he played in. Why risk it? Or we fight the NCAA tooth and nail. Just crazy

If anyone thinks the FBI investigation will stop pay-for-play long term, that's unlikely. Kids graduating now aren't simply out of luck.

All of these guys and their families want money ASAP, and the agents and hustlers wanna develop those relationships. There will simply be other, safer means to channel money.

And I'm confident those means are already being developed. No one in that business wants to let someone else get an advantage...

If anyone thinks the FBI investigation will stop pay-for-play long term, that's unlikely. Kids graduating now aren't simply out of luck.

All of these guys and their families want money ASAP, and the agents and hustlers wanna develop those relationships. There will simply be other, safer means to channel money.

And I'm confident those means are already being developed. No one in that business wants to let someone else get an advantage...

You’re correct and I’m betting Nike has cracked that code years ago

Doesn't mean we should be more concerned about the future than we are about a past kid that was brought up with guys that just got convicted.

However, Im not worried about either.

Reactions: UL_1986
Nothing here that you didn't already know. These shoe guys know the high level players and it is reasonable to believe some benefits were provided. When the entire system was exposed it is now more likely the a top 50 player got something than not. I would love someone like Forde to go back 5 years and ask the top 50 player, without exposing their names, if they received money. I bet it would be 90 percent range that took money.

Yell but that was knowing about the fallout from the powell residual and the orignial FBI . Not this King crap his name was never thrown out since it began only until today. So Mack and Tyra just like all us have been blind sided with this one. Rick really ran this BB program into the ground their is no dam way this MF should see one freaking cent from this school.I rather they waste money fighting him legally for years now.Hell they should sue him for damages
Nope...Pitino needs to just never step goot in this state again. Hes a POS

Nothing here that you didn't already know. These shoe guys know the high level players and it is reasonable to believe some benefits were provided. When the entire system was exposed it is now more likely the a top 50 player got something than not. I would love someone like Forde to go back 5 years and ask the top 50 player, without exposing their names, if they received money. I bet it would be 90 percent range that took money.

This would be an interesting story. And I agree it would be a big percentage. Unfortunately we’re the school with a target on our back. We’ve already been made an example of so I won’t assume anything anymore when it comes to the NCAA.

Nothing to worry about
Happy to see some type of statement from the school .However not going to put too much into into it sure it was nothing more than cursory questions . VJ and his family did you take anything of value? Sure they said nope. But when Forde and Bozich and whomever else go snooping will be something else. Hate to sound so negative but dam when has anything with our name not been wrong?

Reactions: Deeva and awf
Happy to see some type of statement from the school .However not going to put too much into into it sure it was nothing more than cursory questions . VJ and his family did you take anything of value? Sure they said nope. But when Forde and Bozich and whomever else go snooping will be something else. Hate to sound so negative but dam when has anything with our name not been wrong?

Did you read what he said? The school’s not worried about it. So stop worrying, Jeez man. If there was a doubt, he wouldn’t play.

If anything it is less sketchy now to recruit high rated kids than it was before. Im sure some have stopped with the FBI coming in after others. Logically that would be correct at least. I doubt they'd continue while others are getting caught. Thus, it makes 0 sense for you to not be concerned about the past players, but ARE concerned for the future players, when logically agents would stop providing their underground money system since the FBI has showed up.

To me, it should be the exact opposite.

I'm not worried about VJ. One line is getting stretched for click bait. I like Crawford, but his article is complete clickbait. You can't take a single thing away from that one single line. It means nothing. Especially with Duke basically telling everyone to shutup and that Zion is playing. He'll play or he should.
Exactly right. I’ve said this before. Right now is the cleanest recruiting environment in college ball history. The freaking FBI aid survailing folks and tapping phones. You kidding me? Nobody is risking paying a kid right now. Zipp is woefully paranoid. A little common sense goes a long way.

Exactly right. I’ve said this before. Right now is the cleanest recruiting environment in college ball history. The freaking FBI aid survailing folks and tapping phones. You kidding me? Nobody is risking paying a kid right now. Zipp is woefully paranoid. A little common sense goes a long way.
Of course a slapd!ck thinks college basketball is fine. "Let's just play the games!" :p

I'm guessing the FBI disagrees. And they have the first notch in their belt to prove that...

Tyra's not the guy to assure us what to "worry about" or not. A few months ago, he put a budget together that he told us yesterday we're nowhere close to. Doesn't matter what he says at this point...

Tyra's not the guy to assure us what to "worry about" or not. A few months ago, he put a budget together that he told us yesterday we're nowhere close to. Doesn't matter what he says at this point...

And Jurich boasted many times about his “culture of compliance”. Looks like at least 4 basketball assistant coaches didn’t get that message, so something went wrong there. And that's the basic root cause of the current problems.

Reactions: CardsFirst
And Jurich boasted many times about his “culture of compliance”. Looks like at least 4 basketball assistant coaches didn’t get that message, so something went wrong there. And that's the basic root cause of the current problems.
You had rogue assistants working for one coach. That hardly defines a "culture".

And the NCAA agreed with Jurich or they would have levied "institutional control" penalties.

Get your facts straight...

Zipp, the NCAA has only ruled on the stripper matter, not the more serious shoe company payments and one other alleged payment to a player family member. I'm afraid "lack of institutional control" might well be coming.

Fred,
I agree 100%. We seem to be ready-made for the "lack of institutional control" label after the latest scandal. I'm afraid the NCAA will put a bunch of programs on probation and hammer Louisville, and then they'll say "See how tough we are!"

Zipp, the NCAA has only ruled on the stripper matter, not the more serious shoe company payments and one other alleged payment to a player family member. I'm afraid "lack of institutional control" might well be coming.
Fred,
I agree 100%. We seem to be ready-made for the "lack of institutional control" label after the latest scandal. I'm afraid the NCAA will put a bunch of programs on probation and hammer Louisville, and then they'll say "See how tough we are!"
Well, we will have to wait for that to happen, right? It's the same coach and the same assistants. We'll have to see how that translates to the "institution"...

Fred,
All we can do is speculate what will be done bottom line it's going to be a few years from now anyhow. It's going to be hard to put lack of institutional control on a program that has total complete culture change from the president down .By the time punishment is due this university will be so long past Ricks mess ,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT