ADVERTISEMENT

Montrezl Harrell Launches Ball Into Miami Centers's Face

Hey Zipp,

over/under SuCkS fans over on crap illustrated threads on this non story.

4 plus one of them will be............eleven pages. 11 for some of you cayut fans.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Hey Zipp,

4 plus one of them will be............eleven pages. 11 for some of you cayut fans.

They know what 11 is. Its the number that comes after 7 in the name of their employer

You have to feel for 'em... Anything's better than talking about a basketball game against Auburn.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:
Hey Zipp,

They know what 11 is. Its the number that comes after 7 in the name of their employer
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by had1- 2manyCardfan:
Hey Zipp,

laugh.r191677.gif

I think that he got confused about where he was on the court...because really he was in a good spot to put the ball back up.

Ah yes.

The U coach told the refs his player got a concussion on the play. The player then participated nearly the entire 2nd half after the "incident" - haha what a coach that guy is.

I know team sports is full of nice guys and I'm ashamed a couple of our guys are jerks.

That said the refs appeared to kind of make up the rules as they went on that play. Hmmm... let's see, the play is legal but we don't like it so let's figure out a way to negate the play.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:
Ah yes.

The U coach told the refs his player got a concussion on the play. The player then participated nearly the entire 2nd half after the "incident" - haha what a coach that guy is.

I know team sports is full of nice guys and I'm ashamed a couple of our guys are jerks.

That said the refs appeared to kind of make up the rules as they went on that play. Hmmm... let's see, the play is legal but we don't like it so let's figure out a way to negate the play.
Exactly. If he threw a bullet pass to a cutter and it hit a defender in the face it wouldn't have been a flagrant! BS call is what it was. Trez isn't going to throw away a possession just to try and knock somebody out with the ball.

Good call on the Flagrant 1. He drilled the dude in the face. It is legal to throw a ball off someone, happens all the time. But that was worthy of a Flagrant. Just like you can foul someone on a layup, but if you go too hard, you can get a Flagrant. It's a judgement call by the officials, but not a bad call IMO. Even Pitino said so...

Now if the kid had a concussion, he should not have been in that game. And yes, you can get concussed off a ball to the head... happens in volleyball and soccer quite a bit... probably not as common in basketball, but a possibility. I think Miami's coach was trying to up sell on that one.

Wrong. It was a bullshit call. If you can throw it off someone's stomach or leg the face is fair game too.

Originally posted by ShortCreek:
Wrong. It was a bullshit call. If you can throw it off someone's stomach or leg the face is fair game too.
Clearly not the case. Just like you can foul a shooter, but if you go too hard it become Flagrant. Per NCAA rules... of it involves excessive or severe contact, it can be called Flagrant. That throw to the face was excessive. It was not incidental, it was unnecessary, it was excessive. Good call... move on. Sh*t happens... call it and play on.

If the situation was reversed, and it was Trez who got a hard ball to the face, would you feel the same?

How do you know it wasn't unintentional?? When you catch the ball and think you might land out of bounds you throw the ball at the first thing you can before you land. Get out of here with that crap. Bs call

And yes if it was reversed I would feel the exact same way. I would think that's just our f'ing luck that he throws the ball and it happens to hit Trez in the face while standing out of bounds. Would never cross my mind that it should be a flagrant.
This post was edited on 2/21 11:13 PM by Money cardinal

It was an opportunity for the refs to reward the visiting team with a call. Louisville is getting the welcome to the ACC treatment from the officials and it's appearing scripted.

The ruling on that "play" was ridiculous. Any time a player is trying to bounce the ball off an opponent they are going to fire the ball so the opponent can't catch it.

Opposing head coaches will do anything to gain advantage and the officials in our games are very willing to oblige. If you want to see home cookin' don't check out a Louisville game when Louisville is playing at Yum.

Obviously the concussion story was fabricated by the Miami staff, but if it was said and Larranaga played him as much as he did in the second half, I'd think someone's got some explaining to do about a concussed player being on the floor. The Michigan QB story from the past football season comes to mind..

Originally posted by Section 12 Jerk:
Poor kid got a concussion on that play. Hope he's ok.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Well if that were true then coach Pitino did the right thing by calling coach Petrino about that Miami doctor. That kid went from suffering a concussion to playing with minutes of the incident. That is incredibly amazing!! I sure hope coach Petrino can hire that Dr away from the Miami staff. That Dr is going to be very expensive to employ but we'll never have to worry about a concussion sidelining a player for weeks on end ever again. That Dr will be worth every penny he's paid.

This post was edited on 2/22 10:19 AM by Cue Card

If that guy had done the same thing to Trez would you be calling for a technical? Intentional or not I think they got the call right. If the teams were reversed I would want a tech on the guy drilling our player in the face and most of you would to.

Originally posted by Z Nation:
If that guy had done the same thing to Trez would you be calling for a technical? Intentional or not I think they got the call right. If the teams were reversed I would want a tech on the guy drilling our player in the face and most of you would to.
Blackshear got hit in the face with a ball a few games ago on a similar play and nobody called for a technical.

So no.

Where were you on that one?

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:
Originally posted by Z Nation:
Blackshear got hit in the face with a ball a few games ago on a similar play and nobody called for a technical.

So no.

Where were you on that one?
That's exactly right. Blackshear got drilled in the same fashion and nothing was called except the ball being out on Blackshear. The only difference is the player who threw that ball at Blackshear's face was actually falling out of bounds. Harrell wasn't as close as he thought he was to falling out of bounds but still did the same thing that was done to Blackshear.

That's why the refs called the technical. He wasn't close to the out of bounds line so they felt his actions were excessive which was the right call and within the scope of the rule. I was a little concerned they were going to throw him out of the game on a flagrant 2 to be honest. I was OK with the call itself. Not OK with the Miami coach telling the refs a lie about his player having a concussion which might have swayed them to call the flagrant 1 in the first place. Not cool to lie.

I've watched loops of the ball-throwing event several times from two different angles. I think a case can be made that the Miami player behind Harrell punched the ball out of his hands into the Miami center. The best camera angle is the one from directly in front of Harrell. It clearly shows the Miami player striking the ball from behind Harrell. Maybe Harrell intended to throw the ball anyway, but the ball being punched certainly increased the velocity. Am I the only one who sees this?

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Originally posted by Section 12 Jerk:
Poor kid got a concussion on that play. Hope he's ok.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Well if that were true then coach Pitino did the right thing by calling coach Petrino about that Miami doctor. That kid went from suffering a concussion to playing with minutes of the incident. That is incredibly amazing!! I sure hope coach Petrino can hire that Dr away from the Miami staff. That Dr is going to be very expensive to employ but we'll never have to worry about a concussion sidelining a player for weeks on end ever again. That Dr will be worth every penny he's paid.

This post was edited on 2/22 10:19 AM by Cue Card
As it turns out that we've already got that doctor, Pitino just didn't know it! What luck!

ESPN: Louisville team doc cleared Miami player

Originally posted by Skywarp:
As it turns out that we've already got that doctor, Pitino just didn't know it! What luck!Who's "we"??

ESPN doesn't say that the doctor diagnosed a concussion. Maybe the Miami basketball coach would do a better job if he didn't try to practice medicine too.

Your team is looking great tonight. Now I see why you talk about UK so much, it has to suck to not have a team to even talk about. Your boys have checked out. Incoming 12 seed LOL

Originally posted by Dreklie:
Your team is looking great tonight. Now I see why you talk about UK so much, it has to suck to not have a team to even talk about. Your boys have checked out. Incoming 12 seed LOL

Damn we just found a new Lucky Charm, Thanks man

Give 'em a break dude. They're a bunch of kids that just got dropped into a crappy situation that's not their fault. They'll improve once this initial system shock wears off and they adjust.

Hate to say it, but we're starting to look like an SEC team.

Yep its official. You are an honorary Card fan now. We were getting our ass kicked til you gave that motivational speech that sparked our run. Thank you Dreklie and post here anytime

You guys are so quick to want take the crown of nation's best team the last 3 years. You may want to wait until it's official.

Best overall record last 3 years? Still here.

Best net overall Tourney success the last 3 years? Still here.

Let's let it play out. As of now? Still the nation's best over the last 3 year aggregate.

This post was edited on 2/23 9:16 PM by davecmc

Thanks for the reverse jinx. Drop by more often.

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT