ADVERTISEMENT

Momma Mullen throws cold water on us.

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
I dont know if this is premium info, im not a premium member.
crap-journal reporting she told this site this ;

Mullen's mom, Lucretia Peterman, said her son's top three are Clemson, Florida State and LSU.

"He's not interested in them at all," Peterman said of Louisville. "I know he's interested in his top three."

So he fly's to Louisville... on his own dime...just to hang out? Wish I had that kind of money lying around.

If so...maybe he had a good enough time to want to do it again on a regular basis.

Who knows with these kids.

I agree who knows what a 18 year old kid are going to do. It is pretty clear mom doesn't have any interest in Louisville, her top 3 does not include Louisville. That is never a good sign because parents tend to have a ton of influence on the kids decision.

Personally, I don't understand why parents push their kids to one school or another. The kid is the one that has to spend the next four years at the school not the parents. Also, if the kids are really good they will suceed at whatever school they attend.

Reactions: American Male
If Louisville lands Dez today and Pie Young on Wednesday Louisville will already have a 4* Recruit playing CB in Chris Taylor-Yamanoha...from an article last fall on what he is being to recruited to play by most including Louisville & his mindset heading into college:

in Northern California. He’s laced up the cleats and pads for Rancho Cotate’s varsity team since his freshman year, dominating at wide receiver and cornerback in the Bay Area.

During his junior campaign, Taylor-Yamanoha devoured on coverage schemes like a hungry bear finding an open picnic. He beat opponents playing man coverage on him, fooled defenders who were playing off of him and he eluded past four to five arm tackles on screen passes before galloping to the end zone. His receiving skills got 18 college football programs – including his future school UL – to extend a scholarship offer to him after catching 70 passes for 902 yards and scoring 15 touchdowns in 2014-15.

But while Taylor-Yamanoha thrives on out-performing cornerbacks, he sees himself playing on defense for the Atlantic Coast Conference program.

“Cornerback is my more natural position,” Taylor-Yamanoha said.

When he’s not catching passes on offense, Taylor-Yamanoha becomes the Cougars’ top cover man, as he led his team with four interceptions last season. He’ll line up five yards away from his receiver, then snatch the football away from the intended target or plow into him to disrupt his catch.

The cornerback position has gone through an evolution, with more 6-foot-1 or taller players revolutionizing the spot in the college and NFL ranks. If Taylor-Yamanoha stays at cornerback for his collegiate career, he could continue the lineage of towering island defenders. He said he’s spent his down time observing one tall cover ace: Patrick Peterson of the Arizona Cardinals.

“I definitely watch Patrick Peterson a lot,” Taylor-Yamanoha said. “I watch just everything including how he breaks on everything and how he jams a receiver.”

http://www.sportsoutwest.com/2015/09/02/pressure-doesnt-break-chris-taylor-yamanoha/

Reactions: happyville
Worst case scenario? A kid with options like FSU and LSU has to fly to Louisville for a weekend hanging around with football players to have a good time.

That word needs to get around...

I agree who knows what a 18 year old kid are going to do. It is pretty clear mom doesn't have any interest in Louisville, her top 3 does not include Louisville. That is never a good sign because parents tend to have a ton of influence on the kids decision.

Personally, I don't understand why parents push their kids to one school or another. The kid is the one that has to spend the next four years at the school not the parents. Also, if the kids are really good they will suceed at whatever school they attend.

Sounds like a Clinton voter. "I know nothing about them, but I know the name".

I would argue that helping a child select a college is very important role for a parent to play. That's why we call them kids and call parents adults.

I would argue that helping a child select a college is very important role for a parent to play. That's why we call them kids and call parents adults.

K1.....it is not the same thing....helping select and pushing the kid to a certain school is different in my mind.......a 'pros and cons' thing vs a 'you must go to xyz' cause I said so. Cycle has a very valid point IMO. And the adults should have some input on the decision for reasons other than the actual sport played by the athlete......but ultimately the kid is the one who will be there for 3-4 -5 years and should be comfortable with the decision being made.

I don't see where she is pushing her child to any one school. In fact she said there are 3 schools they are weighing. As a fan I don't like the fact UofL isn't one of the three, but what can we do.

Like many decisions in life, I think the question boils down to who's paying the bill.

When I have to foot the tab or any part of it on any decision, I want a say. When someone else does, all I can offer is an opinion. And really only if I'm asked.

If the kid is getting a full ride, there's my answer.

I might also ask what his mother knows any more on a given subject than he does. If she attended college, maybe she does on this one...

Dang Zipp, even parenting comes down to the bottom line with you...gotta give it to you, that's pretty consistent application of your philosophy.

Regarding the question at hand, we don't have near enough information...what did the kid say about each visit, what the coaches said to the parents, what kind of support might be available at the other schools (family, friends), blah blah blah...

but just because the Mom says we aren't on the final list, doesn't mean much...maybe she told him to visit and look at every option, just for the experience of it...that's probably what I would do, as a parent...or maybe she's trying to control her son's future without his input...

Reactions: zipp
Dang Zipp, even parenting comes down to the bottom line with you...gotta give it to you, that's pretty consistent application of your philosophy...
:) Thanks (I guess!)

I was never a parent, but I do walk the talk... I've told many a family member who wants to hit me up for money that's fine. Just get ready to make me a part of your personal life, i.e., your decision making. That usually ends the discussion when we start talking about smartphones and cable TV. Once had my dear departed Dad borrow some money from me, and I became part of his job search...literally!

And I'm on good terms with all of these people--at least as good as I wanna be. People respect tough love, and if they don't, I don't respect them. They know up front where you stand, and they know the terms for your generosity.

This sorta applies here. If the kid is old enough and good enough to self-finance (earn a full ride), he's the right one making the decision. I hope he does talk to other people wiser than him, but that ain't necessarily his mother. Hopefully, he recognizes what she brings to the table in an important decision like this one...

I dont know if this is premium info, im not a premium member.
crap-journal reporting she told this site this ;

Mullen's mom, Lucretia Peterman, said her son's top three are Clemson, Florida State and LSU.

"He's not interested in them at all," Peterman said of Louisville. "I know he's interested in his top three."
I'm flattered that the young man would holiday in the Ville.
I'm impressed that he would pay his own way for the visit.
I hope he makes the right choice for him.
What ever you decide, good luck, Mr. Mullen!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT