ADVERTISEMENT

Mike and Mike

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Graphic on Mike and Mike says "ACC truly making a move to be SEC's counterpart?"
"Boasts Clemson, Louisville, Florida St as its powerhouses"

I know we hate to play good by association but it is important for UofL to be playing in an elite conference and to be actually talked about as one of those elite programs. Our association with the conference gives us a great shot at the playoffs.

I saw that. I wonder if the movers and shakers at Notre Dame are liking their NBC contract now? Hopefully they'll wake up soon and become a full fledged ACC member soon. Maybe Clemson winning the title and being in the title game two years straight will convince them that conference affiliation is a good thing!

I saw that. I wonder if the movers and shakers at Notre Dame are liking their NBC contract now? Hopefully they'll wake up soon and become a full fledged ACC member soon. Maybe Clemson winning the title and being in the title game two years straight will convince them that conference affiliation is a good thing!

I doubt it very seriously. Their unfounded 'Arrogance' know no bounds.

It's the movers and shakers at NBC that should be taking a look at their relationship with ND. Can't blame the Domers for taking NBC's money.

First........A whole lot of the old farts that support Notre Dame football and live in the past will have to kick the bucket before there is even a remote chance of ND joining a conference.

Second.........Domers are satisfied playing military academies and a watered down schedule.

Third.........The star ratings of ND players seem to grow simply because..........well, they are talking with ND.

Fourth........ND is always overrated. Happens every year.

Fifth........ND will most likely finish 2017 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5. At 5-7 their coach is fired. At 6-6 or 5-7 they will qualify for some no name bowl and their coach, Brian Kelly may survive yet another year. Meanwhile, ND players are abandoning ship.

Look at it this way, ND will never play for an ACC title and they provide a lot of easy wins for the ACC. And in the unlikelyhood they do win an ACC game here and there they do not impact Conference rankings. Because of ND the ACC gets more easy wins, more butts in the seats, better TV ratings and nothing they do affects Conference rankings. Bottom line: ND isn't much more than a pimple on the ACC's......,,,you get the idea.

First........A whole lot of the old farts that support Notre Dame football and live in the past will have to kick the bucket before there is even a remote chance of ND joining a conference.

Second.........Domers are satisfied playing military academies and a watered down schedule.

Third.........The star ratings of ND players seem to grow simply because..........well, they are talking with ND.

Fourth........ND is always overrated. Happens every year.

Fifth........ND will most likely finish 2017 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5. At 5-7 their coach is fired. At 6-6 or 5-7 they will qualify for some no name bowl and their coach, Brian Kelly may survive yet another year. Meanwhile, ND players are abandoning ship.

Look at it this way, ND will never play for an ACC title and they provide a lot of easy wins for the ACC. And in the unlikelyhood they do win an ACC game here and there they do not impact Conference rankings. Because of ND the ACC gets more easy wins, more butts in the seats, better TV ratings and nothing they do affects Conference rankings. Bottom line: ND isn't much more than a pimple on the ACC's......,,,you get the idea.

Hmmmmmm . . . not so sure about all of that. Those "old farts" don't have enough pride to get rid of the horrible coach they have at the moment. The football landscape is changing rapidly and ND is getting left in the dust with the "old arrogant ways" of the past. The dormers I know are getting itchy for a serious change and joining a conferencde full time in EVERY sport is a very strong possibility. But will it be the ACC or the Big Ten. Remember we are talking about true arrogance here.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: American Male
Hmmmmmm . . . not so sure about all of that. Those "old farts" don't have enough pride to get rid of the horrible coach they have at the moment. The football landscape is changing rapidly and ND is getting left in the dust with the "old arrogant ways" of the past. The dormers I know are getting itchy for a serious change and joining a conferencde full time in EVERY sport is a very strong possibility. But will it be the ACC or the Big Ten. Remember we are talking about true arrogance here.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

After the bath the domers took with Charlie Weis they refuse to put out the $ for a proven big time coach. Meanwhile, they suffer with low cost nere-do-wells they can hire on the cheap with short contracts and low buy outs. It's just their ultra conservative reaction after getting skinned alive by Weis' Pro agent Bob LaMonte. He really took them for the ultimate ride to the tune of around $40 to $50 million all tolled when it was all said and done. More than any other single thing it was that horrendous Charlie Weis contract extension that touched off the "coaches with Pro agents" war that sent college coaches contracts through the roof. No ND AD now wants to repeat that incredulous bone headed error. So, what you see is what they get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT