ADVERTISEMENT

Miami

Go back and read these posts, and look at how many times an earlier criticism is only betrayed by one of those who failed, but come back and execute flawlessly. McCoy came through offensively and defensively to help secure a win.

I am chief hypocrite, as I am the first to direct my criticism to our kids when they fail to execute. I need to remind myself of at least 3 or 4 instances where we hit the ball perfectly, but the U’s defense was either positioned perfectly, or they made a really great defensive play to thwart our ability to advance runners in scoring position.

Liggett and Koger both disappointed once again this weekend, but having never pitched at this level of college baseball, I am not sure just how difficult it is to find the strike zone.

It was a good comeback win in a hostile environment; our kids did not quit in the 8th and 9th innings when it would have been easy to pack it in.
Yeah but it's the inconsistencies that happen game to game that have put us in the 80 something rpi,on the outside currently looking in. We are what we are...wildly inconsistent.
It was a great come from ahead,fall behind,come from behind win,but that's all.
Like Bardman said,there are 5-6 guys carrying the offense and the rest need to get on board. We're gonna have to be scoring 8-10 runs to have the BEST chance at not relying on winning the ACC tournament.
Can't rely on the staff.

@earsky I laughed at your post about the late start time, but I didn’t make it past 930pm last night.😂

Let’s go Cards - get this “get out of town” game!

• Haha
Reactions: earsky
@earsky I laughed at your post about the late start time, but I didn’t make it past 930pm last night.😂

Let’s go Cards - get this “get out of town” game!
Yeah I was falling asleep @ 7 after a long day chasing grandkids and enjoying the beautiful weather. Had to get my second wind for the game. Thankfully,after watching the fireworks on TV I was rejuvenated and the close game helped. 🙃

We all express our frustrations during a game and that is ok. I think, most of us, comeback and give credit for good plays/execution. Now let’s get that sweep.

Reactions: Mayoman and earsky
We all express our frustrations during a game and that is ok. I think, most of us, comeback and give credit for good plays/execution. Now let’s get that sweep.
This is tame over here compared to what many that have worn the Red and Black have endured on other boards,in other sports over the years,but that's good. Yes,in the heat of the game,frustrations boil over.
The team has to grow and improve on a much more consistent basis. We're in the stretch here and there's no room for error going forward.
Clean baseball!!

Sort of a sad state of affairs when it appears Sunday is an all-staff pitching day.

I have this unnatural hate for all things Miami. Not sure when it started, maybe when we hired Strong and Clint Hurt and took a load of shit from the Cane fans. Funny thing is I actually lived in miami back in the early mid 80's for nearly a decade. kendall actually, a burb.

Well, wish I wrong; but, I told myself that I’d be surprised if Corbett could give us two innings. I would have had guys warming to start the inning as he hasn’t shown he can give much more than inning. He is all over the place; primarily high (which is usual) and that leads to big hits. Last thing I’ll say today…for God’s sake Dan please get EKjr out of the OF. His defense is sub-par and he can’t hit a cut-off man to save his life.

Gonna get 10 run ruled by a team that has lost 13 of their last 14 games.

Reactions: Deeva
Team not ready to play. Coaches not ready to coach. As @earsky stated, there is just not consistency. Williams is MIA; really think he should consider retiring.

Reactions: earsky and Deeva
I only saw the first couple of innings. This looks like another year kinda like the last 2 where there's some kind of hope that these guys will just get hot at the right time.

I'd feel better about that if there wasn't so much work to do just to get back on the bubble.
Two steps up and one back..

Reactions: Bardman
Latest projections have us a 3 seed in Arkansas's bracket... Arkansas was projected as the overall #3 seed. I expect a lot to change and hopefully we are still in.

• Wow
Latest projections have us a 3 seed in Arkansas's bracket... Arkansas was projected as the overall #3 seed. I expect a lot to change and hopefully we are still in.
I'm a bit shocked by this honestly. If so,sounds like the Cardinals' destiny in their own hands.
Starting tonight,WKU comes in fresh in the memories of the Cards after the 10 inning game a few weeks ago. Kinda looking forward to seeing how we bounce back and try to piece together a strong run at getting an at large.
It has to start tonight. Let's Go Cards!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT