ADVERTISEMENT

Miami

Alicea with a great at bat and a 2 out bases loaded double.
Cards lead 4-1

Very important series for us. Definitely need to take 2 and would be very helpful to our tourney prospects to get a sweep.

Where in the hell did they get these announcers from? Do these clowns not understand the hand is the same as the foot at first?
You can't make this stuff up. They had a technician googling it 😅😆🙃

• Haha
Reactions: PushupMan
Liggett needs a psychologist and has to get right. We need him. I hope him pitching tonight means Forbes is ready for Sunday???

Reactions: 2330859
Liggett could not even deliver 1 inning of relief without falling apart. Sorry but what contribution does Roger Williams provide anymore? I agree Bardman, some of this is psychological and inexcusable.

Good win Cards

I know it was warm down there last night but couldn't help but notice Ligget was drenched in sweat. Hope he's ok

I can't remember a Cardinal team that swung at so many pitches that weren't even close. McCoy swung at a ball that started a foot off the plate.

Reactions: Bardman
…and that is a primary reason this team has a garbage record. 1 out and bases loaded and….nothing.

Reactions: earsky
Webster…amazing tonight. Great game young man. Question is…do they semd him out for the 7th inning? Probably, I would. I’d have warm pen for sure though. Score a couple of more runs and you have more options.

Not surprising that he didn't leave Webster in. Let's replace a guy who made 1 mistake with a bullpen that can't do much more than make mistakes

Not sure Webster had much left. The problem, as usual, the pen sucks. Koger - just not good. Ty - giving up hits. The coaches just do not appear to be able to select the right guy at the right time. What a huge waste of a magnificent game by Evan. When you leave a crap-ton of runners on base and don’t score it comes back to haunt you.

Reactions: 73Card
Holy crap. Napleton touched home plate twice.
Ump’s a Miami homer. His strike balls have been one sided too. 30% of the plays the first baseman isn’t on the base it’s just a gimme when they are that close. He would have never called that against Miami.

Meanwhile, out guys can’t touch their relief pitcher. Alex just legged one out; otherwise, they just swing away.

LOL. I literally thought to myself…I am going to click Done…and then someone will pound the ball. And, then it happened.

Reactions: earsky
Alicea strikes again. Wow,what a play!
Nice sacrifice Moore!
Cmon get this &%$#* run in!!

How many times tonight have we struck out with a runner on 3rd and 1 out? 16 hits and 6 runs to show for it.

Wow!! Can we clone Tucker? What did we learn? The lineup tonight is your best lineup. Maybe you DH Klein vs right-handers. But, that is our main group.

Go back and read these posts, and look at how many times an earlier criticism is only betrayed by one of those who failed, but come back and execute flawlessly. McCoy came through offensively and defensively to help secure a win.

I am chief hypocrite, as I am the first to direct my criticism to our kids when they fail to execute. I need to remind myself of at least 3 or 4 instances where we hit the ball perfectly, but the U’s defense was either positioned perfectly, or they made a really great defensive play to thwart our ability to advance runners in scoring position.

Liggett and Koger both disappointed once again this weekend, but having never pitched at this level of college baseball, I am not sure just how difficult it is to find the strike zone.

It was a good comeback win in a hostile environment; our kids did not quit in the 8th and 9th innings when it would have been easy to pack it in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT