ADVERTISEMENT

Miami

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Hmmm....I've never seen some of the things I saw at that game last night during that wild inning.

It was very strange to watch our bullpen struggle to throw strikes,but it was even stranger to watch how the Canes' players conducted themselves.

Hmmm....I've never seen some of the things I saw at that game last night during that wild inning.

It was very strange to watch our bullpen struggle to throw strikes,but it was even stranger to watch how the Canes' players conducted themselves.
True, but there’s only 1 thing to do and that is to take the series...

I throw that game out and would tell our pitchers in that last inning to forget about it.
I was there and the game should have been called much earlier. Pitchers had a wet ball and a sloppy mound and it was cold, too!
Miami U. employed all levels of gamesmanship, so congrats to their team and their barely above .500 conference record.

Reactions: PHCARD and earsky
Bennett has come out in game 3!and UMmoicked Jim right in the balls. Our pitchers are MIA.

To his credit, Bennett settles in and slows down the Canes,and as turn about is fair play, Miami lets us back in it by walking batters.
McAvene does a number on Miami and the bush league chirping comes to a resounding end.
Great bounce back Cards!

Reactions: nccardfan
This team really has come of age. Fantastic grit and unwillingness to lose. Correct, Nick showed a lot. Many pitchers would have been done. He shut them down and allowed his team to work its way back into the game.

Nick showed a lot.
Our bullpen was decimated. He had to get it handed off to McAvene ,who was on a week's rest. Outstanding grit by Bennett and the rest of the fellas.

Last edited:
Our bullpen was decimated. He had to get it handed off to McAvene ,who was on a week's rest. Outstanding grit by Bennett and the rest of the fellas.
This series shows why you need to get mound time for more than 6-8 guys. Hopefully this helps us moving forward and into the postseason!

Reactions: earsky
The Friday game shows you what walks will do to you. The staff was really effective when they threw it over the plate. Really tough conditions.

The offense is really good right now. The pitching is kind of in struggle mode, but they are more than capable of dominating a game. The offense is going to get them 4 to 6 runs a game which for this staff should be plenty.

Curious to see if Coach goes with a different guy on Tuesday. Can we afford to lose Perkins out of the pen??
The conditions aside,the bullpen is the biggest concern going forward for me,and it's mostly about middle relief guys. Poland needs to get back where he was a month ago and a couple of vets need to get it going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT