ADVERTISEMENT

Miami @ IU, Sanders U @ Duke

phenderson

3500+
Aug 3, 2006
Refs seem to be calling every ticky-tack foul and turnover against Miami...
Miami Big seems to be setting the tone against IU. Refs are calling every little thing... IU play slams against Miami creating a travel... travel on Miami. IU player brings the ball down the court, Miami player gets almost a complete "Contactless" steal... foul called on Miami player. Harden has been out with 4 fouls...
Refs just called fake foul on Miami Center... she was standing up and turned around... offensive foul.. Miami has been quicker team...

With Duke... Colorado has played incredibly athletic and strong and physical against Duke... Duke offense has been pathetic... literally pathetic. I don't know how they beat us... but they did. They have blown sooooo many layups, open, chippies... etc. And had some horrible un-forced turnovers.

Reactions: 2330859
IU just tied it up on a wide open Pick N Roll 3... Miami, has ball with 49 seconds...
Watch the refs foul the Miami Center out on a play...

Oh my... smh... Destiny Harden.... just missed 2 free throws that would have given Miami 3 point lead with 20 seconds left... smh... pipes crack under pressure. Now IU has the ball... they get ANOTHER half court possession... to take lead and win game

Step back 3, ties it for IU... smh... crazy game... D. Harden... you could have put this game away...
Lets see if they let her shoot it... like she did against us... hopefully... Miami has TO which advances the ball to Half Court... hope they don';t crack and turn it over...

Duke can't hit side of barn... Celeste Taylor deserves to be ACC DPOY... SHE IS A BEAST....
She is REALLY A GLOVE for real....

I never thought I would see anoth Mykasa RObinson... but Taylor... sheesh..

Its amazing how refs have swallowed their whistle in this game, for BOTH teams... been very physical. Like watching 2 Rick Pitino teams go at it.

In every other game I have seen, they have called foul on the bigs for holding their hands straightup... Here... nope... they not bailing anyone out...

Horrible ending to the Duke\Colorado game... smh...
Duke guards just look like junk offensively. Lawson didn't rain in PG... and didn't call any timeouts and that cost her. 3 straight very bad shots or turnovers by the guard. Missed 3-pointer and 2-pointer by Balugon.

I have always felt like Liz Balugon was sort of player who could never be consistent or a star. 6'2" at her position, not a voracious rebounder or an astute scorer... Always in between... When she played for us, that last season, reminded me soo much of Curry this past season. Someone who could be great, if they developed a crazy motor...

I have watched Duke play several times this year and I like Taylor but this was the best defensive game I have seen her play. Duke’s success this year was based off their defense not their offense and it shows. I was really pulling for them tonight because of the ACC.

I have watched Duke play several times this year and I like Taylor but this was the best defensive game I have seen her play. Duke’s success this year was based off their defense not their offense and it shows. I was really pulling for them tonight because of the ACC.
I was pulling for them too.
But their offense was total crap.
They remind me of 2011/2012 Rick Pitino team. We couldn't put the ball in the hoop at times, if we climbed a ladder and tried to drop a tennis ball through the net. It was that bad for the 2009/2010 (Cal Bears), 2010/11 and 2011/12 Final Four teams... And all were top 2 defenses at some point in the season. I remember us going into the 2012 NCAA's off of Big East Tournament wins... our offense was ranked in the 200's or 140's of Ken POM... it was that bad... and then we roll to the Final Four to get stymied by UK and AD...

The officiating was difficult for Miami to overcome, as the crowd in Bloomington seemed to intimidate the referees; to the point where I felt like it led to the IU a comeback, before it did not.

IU tried to “play tough”, but at the end they just could not match the ACC preparation that Miami brought to the contest.

Duke’s defense and deliberate style could only go so far; credit to Colorado for their refusal to allow that pesky defense to keep them from advancing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT