ADVERTISEMENT

Miami has to start Tyler Van Dyke against us

Tyler Van Dyke is a redshirt junior who was the starter for the whole season before he was benched against FSU. He is the starter this week for the Canes.

Watch, he’ll play like an All-American Saturday. I can hear the announcers now, going on about his character and mental toughness. Sheesh.
He will play the way we allow him to play. If this defense shows up, and I believe they will, he will have a very long day.

CJB kept reiterating that we have never won a game in Miami and he wants to change that. I bet he is drilling that into the heads of the players. Making history, is a BIG TIME motivator.

I actually think this is a bad sign. He's got a chip on his shoulder with something to prove and now he's been given a 2nd chance. We had better come ready to play is all I can say. Can't look ahead and take care of business.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
According to ACCPM, some Miami fans are calling for the third string backup to start. They are pretty much done with TVD. If our D can put pressure on him he may be done early. Then we have to stop their running game…easier said than done.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
According to ACCPM, some Miami fans are calling for the third string backup to start. They are pretty much done with TVD. If our D can put pressure on him he may be done early. Then we have to stop their running game…easier said than done.
He entered the game after Williams went out and immediately killed the drive with an interception. Let’s hope that’s the Van Dyke we get.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
We need to remember that this QB has proven before he can do the job. He's not a inexperienced transfer or rookie. Say like Clemson's QB.

There could be many a reason why he's regressed but this scenario of getting a 2nd chance against a top 10 team has motivated QB's to rise to the occasion before. We have all seen it.

The Cards defense has to make it clear early in the game that this is merely a pipe dream and have him losing confidence instead of gaining it. The Cards need to have the Miami fans booing the embattled QB and he will be done.

Of course the 3rd string QB who hasn't seen the field could enter the game and be the next Pat White. Cards need to play mistake free offense and take it to Miami's QB's whoever it is.

We need to remember that this QB has proven before he can do the job. He's not a inexperienced transfer or rookie. Say like Clemson's QB.

There could be many a reason why he's regressed but this scenario of getting a 2nd chance against a top 10 team has motivated QB's to rise to the occasion before. We have all seen it.

The Cards defense has to make it clear early in the game that this is merely a pipe dream and have him losing confidence instead of gaining it. The Cards need to have the Miami fans booing the embattled QB and he will be done.

Of course the 3rd string QB who hasn't seen the field could enter the game and be the next Pat White. Cards need to play mistake free offense and take it to Miami's QB's whoever it is.

Several Miami faithful and insiders have said that Brown can't hit a barn from inside the barn. He will not play and will transfer out after the season per them.

One of the MANY reasons Miami fans don't like Van Dyke is because he said he preferred playing road games instead of at home because the atmosphere in Miami is bad.

Their starting RB will be back, but questionable. He's dinged up a bit still.

This game is ours for the taking.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommodoreCard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT