ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Basketball Individual Productivity Stats

Guardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Louisville
I do this sometimes for myself when I see debates and assertions about which players should stay and which may go. It's not a pure measure by any stretch. And, sometimes the numbers prove to be counterintuitive. But they give me some insights. Usually to ask more questions.

Here are the "productivity" numbers for the eleven (11) principal contributing MBB players who had court time for the Cards this past season. (I think if the ACC season could be easily divided into 2 pieces, the productivity numbers would be even more revealing). Igiehon, Orbaugh, Colbert and Myles-Devore are not listed.

This set of numbers is for ALL GAMES.

I will do the ACC numbers if I get time.

For each player, a Scoring and a Non-Scoring Number and a Total Number: 1. Points/Minute and 2. (Assists + Steals + Rebounds - Turnovers)/Minute and 3. Total/Minute

ALL GAMES (Shown in TOTAL Productivity Order):

Withers, Jae'Lyn..........: 0.392 P/M.... + 0.303 (ASR-T)/M... 0.695
Jones, Carlik................: 0.447 ............ + 0.233 ..................... 0.680
Williamson, Samuell...: 0.334 ........... + 0.272 ...................... 0.606
Johnson, David...........: 0.360 ........... + 0.193 ....................... 0.553
Williams, Malik ............: 0.242 ........... +0.306 ...................... 0.548
Slazinski, Quinn...........: 0.294 ........... + 0.189 ....................... 0.483
Traynor, JJ ....................: 0.298 ........... +0.134 ....................... 0.432
Wiznitzer, Gabe............: 0.191 ............ +0.221 ....................... 0.412
Davis, Dre.....................: 0.257 ........... + 0.109 ....................... 0.316
Nickelberry, Josh.........: 0.214 ........... +0.068 ...................... 0.282
Minlend, Charles..........: 0.109 ........... +0.145 ........................ 0.254

Comments: I was surprised at Dre Davis's low numbers. Also pleasantly pleased on Sam's high numbers. And DJ's Non-Scoring numbers are pretty low. Just what was expected by watching him. Needs to get much better with ball. Also pleasantly surprised at Withers total contribution!

This is an apples to oranges comparison since it has G, F and C positions mixed. Also not quite fair since everyone doesn't have same number of minutes to see a complete comparison. Some guys will stay the same, but others will get better with more minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News