ADVERTISEMENT

Matz Stockman

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
First off I understand the level of the opponent today, but it was great to see the big guy actually call for the ball and sink that turn around hook shot. Matz also made both of his free throws and had a put back or two. Its been a very small sample of seeing Stockman play but he has good mobility for a 7 footer and seems pretty solidly built.

Do you all see him being able to break into the rotation this year?

No, too much competition and still too raw. He's a four-year player, however, and that's unusual for a 7-footer...

He played better than Anas played yesterday vs the same competition.

I noticed he covered a lot of ground for rebounding. We have a lot of players with length but I thought our rebounding wasn't so great yesterday but in the time that he was in, Matz was doing great at getting in position at either grabbing a ball, tipping or at least being in the area even when he didn't grab a ball.

He didn't look lost either.

Can't wait to see the growth.

He is a project and he is improving. I noticed he only wants to go left so a good defensive player will force him right and shut him down. He'll get better and better under Pitino IMO. You can't teach height, and he has that.

I was pleased with Stockman's play yesterday. I didn't understand Rick pulling him the last 5-6 minutes. Maybe he's trying to keep everyone happy but you can't give him enough game action. IMO if Stockman can give us 4-6 good minutes a game by the end of the season that would be huge. Not saying he will progress to that by season's end but wow that would be some awesome front-line depth. I am almost convinced that this team may be very, very good by tourney time. But regardless of how far they go I think they're one of my favorite teams in some time.

I was pleased with Stockman's play yesterday. I didn't understand Rick pulling him the last 5-6 minutes. Maybe he's trying to keep everyone happy but you can't give him enough game action. IMO if Stockman can give us 4-6 good minutes a game by the end of the season that would be huge. Not saying he will progress to that by season's end but wow that would be some awesome front-line depth. I am almost convinced that this team may be very, very good by tourney time. But regardless of how far they go I think they're one of my favorite teams in some time.

That's kind of what I'm seeing for Matz right now. Not saying that he will receive or even deserves to be out there for some minutes- that's up to Pitino of course- but having another 7 footer that can contribute in spot minutes is always a good thing to have.

Reactions: cuzimacardfan
That's kind of what I'm seeing for Matz right now. Not saying that he will receive or even deserves to be out there for some minutes- that's up to Pitino of course- but having another 7 footer that can contribute in spot minutes is always a good thing to have.
Agree. His performance was markedly improved. Good for him.

I think Rick took him out because he was getting tired. This kid should definitely have redshirted last season. One of the few recent mistakes Rick has made, personnel wise and probably understandable.

First off I understand the level of the opponent today, but it was great to see the big guy actually call for the ball and sink that turn around hook shot. Matz also made both of his free throws and had a put back or two. Its been a very small sample of seeing Stockman play but he has good mobility for a 7 footer and seems pretty solidly built.

Do you all see him being able to break into the rotation this year?
I just wish Pitino would play him a little bit more especially in games where we are winning by 30+ points

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT