ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Lee Withdrawing From Draft. Transferring From UK

1) It's not my opinion, it's my ability to grasp the meaning of words Calipari used, and your inability to do the same. What does "we're going to play a platoon" mean to you if it doesn't mean everyone is going to play? Does it mean they're going to watch the war movie?

2) There aren't many others before them that should have won a title but didn't. I understand why that line of thinking would make you feel better. The team failed in the end. Tough pill to swallow. Hang in there.
1. I dont really care enough to keep arguing what an opinion is...

2. It's well established public opinion that the team that is considered The Best college basketball team doesn't win the title every year, given the 1 and out format of the tourney. The only way to discern who was considered the best team, other than public opinion, are the computer rankings. 2015-2016, Kansas was RPI #1, #2 Villanova won. 2014-2015, UK #1, knocked off by #2 Wisconsin, #5 Duke wins. 2013-2014, Florida #1, #23 UCONN wins. 2012-2013, #1 Duke loses to #3 UofL. 2011-2012, #1 Syracuse loses to #2 UK.

In just the last 5 seasons, not a single RPI #1 team has won it all.

If a 38-1 season, and a 217-47 record during Cal's tenure, is not considered as "working" in terms of success, then we're obviously never going to agree on what a successful program/season is. I get that you enjoy, and make it a goal, to diminish all things UK. But, no other rational person, without an emotional investment in the rivalry, has that viewpoint. Many like to suggest that UK fans are only happy with National Championships, and therefore, consider anything less than the NC a failure. Well, that's simply not the truth. In the iconic words of Reese Bobby, "...you can be second, third, fourth… hell you can even be fifth."
What a croc. You're basically playing with an NBA d-league team in what amounts to a mid-major conference and you want to boast about your overall success?

The truth is when you get to the tourney you face real competition and you choke every year with one exception and it took a once in a generation player to accomplish that. I would be ashamed of having the 2014 team and not getting to the championship. That's almost criminal.

Reactions: zipp
You don't "get" my posts.

I said in this instance, which would not be a review of an entire tenure at UK.

Instance is not a real hard word to understand for most, it's very elementary vocabulary being used there.

You're just another in the long line of visiting posters that really likes to argue about some UK and can't handle a constructive comment about UK without feeling dissed and feeling the need to set the record straight and stand up for your guys and turn a few posts into more than they are.

I have made two casual points in this thread.

1) When he announced a platoon, it was a promise to players playing time would be shared by all. If you can't understand that, it's no real big deal.

2) UK's team of Booker/Towns etc did not accomplish as much as it should have accomplished.

You don't know what I enjoy. You don't know what my goals are. I haven't taken shots at any players or gotten personal about any coaches here. You just don't get it. Get it? Me doubts.

I think hopgood's posts have been very neutral, not that he should be on his own team's page. Good conversation here for the most part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT