ADVERTISEMENT

Lukayus McNeil Tweet

Mr. McNeil. I can understand being upset that the fans didn’t show up for the CardMarch. However, ask yourself why? Instead of taking out your anger against the fans do something that might have a direct impact. Kick some ass in that locker room and show some leadership or better yet take some anger on the field against your opponent, not the fans.

Mr. McNeil. I can understand being upset that the fans didn’t show up for the CardMarch. However, ask yourself why? Instead of taking out your anger against the fans do something that might have a direct impact. Kick some ass in that locker room and show some leadership or better yet take some anger on the field against your opponent, not the fans.
Or just try to remember the snap count

Why do we even have a Card March? How about the bus just pulls up to the stadium and let the players out? You don't need silly traditions to win games, just go out and make a play.

Reactions: STLNBSE
Glad you're a fan @general knight if you're a fan then there's no reason to be on here instigating. You would go to the games if you were here.....we get it. Ok. You're one of the few. Doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. If you're taking the time to care about the program, you're a fan.....trying to define different levels of fanhood is just dumb.

We're unhappy with everything about the program right now...a lot of fans choose to protest by not attending the game to send a message to the administration that the fans want change. Some fans go regardless of how bad the team sucks....both types are fans of the program.
Choosing to spite the team/coaches/administration by not attending the games is not a level of fandom. Sorry.

There's blame to go around
Choosing to spite the team/coaches/administration by not attending the games is not a level of fandom. Sorry.

Cool.

I would be interested in reading your treatise on true fanhood if you would care to post it, maybe that would change my mind.

Why do we even have a Card March? How about the bus just pulls up to the stadium and let the players out? You don't need silly traditions to win games, just go out and make a play.

I’m with you on the Card March for this team.... and the boxing gloves and belt. Another thing... I understand the guys celebrating when they make a big play on defense but give it a rest and get ready for the next play. We’re down by 3 touchdowns celebrating individual plays. Scoreboard.

This team needs to go back to the basics.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
I’m with you on the Card March for this team.... and the boxing gloves and belt. Another thing... I understand the guys celebrating when they make a big play on defense but give it a rest and get ready for the next play. We’re down by 3 touchdowns celebrating individual plays. Scoreboard.

This team needs to go back to the basics.
The boxing gloves thing is a damn copy of Miami, different I know, but a copy. Plus, anything having to do with Ali, I despise....dont get me started on that.

The celebrating after a single stop while we are getting our teeth kicked in is hilarious. I remember us being down by more than 2 touchdowns, our overweight def lineman gets a half assed, arm tug sack and he celebrates like hes never made a damn tackle. I literally chuckled to myself on that play.

Reactions: jmac1029
There's blame to go around

Cool.

I would be interested in reading your treatise on true fanhood if you would care to post it, maybe that would change my mind.

Pretty simple. A fan doesn't boycott games and hopes his team loses to precipitate a coaching change. It's (or should be) about supporting those guys who bust it, not just on Saturday, but all year long to get better, bigger, and in better shape. I get you're frustrated, but not supporting the team is just not any semblance of fandom to me.

Pretty simple. A fan doesn't boycott games and hopes his team loses to precipitate a coaching change. It's (or should be) about supporting those guys who bust it, not just on Saturday, but all year long to get better, bigger, and in better shape. I get you're frustrated, but not supporting the team is just not any semblance of fandom to me.

Preface this with I appreciate your level headed response to my smart a$$ comment.

So in your opinion what options does one have to show their displeasure with the status of their program? In your scenario are we all just doomed to spend our time and money to support an inferior product or risk being considered "not real fans?"

This current team is a result of all of those involved. From the head coaches, down to the coordinators, down to the position coaches and even down to the players. Do you honestly think that Louisville has the roster of a 2-6 team? That Petrino and his staff are just utterly incompetent? Now, I think he and his staff have lost the team....but thats on both of them. The players decided to not give their all or listen to the coaches or pay attention...granted its the coaches job to make sure that doesn't happen but its also the players job to actually try their all...which I don't think they're doing.

The players attitudes can be changed. Not by this staff, but they can change. But those players gave up on this season as much or more as anyone. You can't tell me even with inferior coaching that we're that much worse than UVA, Wake, and Georgia Tech. You're just not going to convince me of that.

I hate it for the players because they came to Louisville to be the best they could be at the game of football and they got a turnstyle staff of coaches not equipped to lead, inspire and develop them into better players but they also chose to check out this season and deserve some blame.

The boxing gloves thing is a damn copy of Miami, different I know, but a copy. Plus, anything having to do with Ali, I despise....dont get me started on that.

The celebrating after a single stop while we are getting our teeth kicked in is hilarious. I remember us being down by more than 2 touchdowns, our overweight def lineman gets a half assed, arm tug sack and he celebrates like hes never made a damn tackle. I literally chuckled to myself on that play.
That MO started as early back when John L was here and CBP won’t do anything to stop that.

I will not question your loyalty Knight. It's an accumulation of things over a long period of time. I get that the kid was frustrated by the lack of support by the fans but hell, I was standing in cold, wet weather earlier this season and the bus rolled right past us and never stopped. Did that piss me off? Yep. I've been a ticket holder in the Crunch Zone since 1985. Keeping in mind Bobby didn't exactly show any class the way he left us last time. Spent more time at the Clark County than the locker room (ok huge exaggeration there--lol) We've been in a 3 year tailspin that was only covered by the Great One, Lamar Jackson. 3 DC's in 3 years. Then Bobby completely left himself open to this criticism by hiring not 1, not 2 but 3 completely unqualified family members to an ACC staff. Real mind blower for me here. It isn't that we are losing, we are being destroyed by teams we bat the L out of 2 years ago. How did Bobby not see this youth movement 2 years ago and recruit accordingly? Then the mind blowing dumass play call that handed the FSU game to them. Even their coaches and players said that after the game. I refuse to keep shelling out 1,000's of dollars a year for this soft, uninspired play. I can stay home, watch pathetic by TV and save a lot of money. Does that make me a bad fan? Nope, a VERY frustrated one. And if you can't tell that, you're MEd was wasted. Sorry dude. I got my Master's from U of L too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT