ADVERTISEMENT

Lukayus McNeil Tweet

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
McNeil tweeted this 2 hours before the game:

“It’s sad that you guys call your selves fans! Nobody came to the march! I do not want to hear anything from anyone about this!!”

He then tweeted a picture of Nebraska’s stadium and said:

“And we can barely get people to our card March! What “FANS” we have”

He got royally called out on that tweet too, the main point being him reading and posting on Twiitter just before a game instead of focusing on the task at hand. Even Lamar Jackson told him to just focus on the game...and this from Bob Valvano:

Son,I don't mean this in a nasty way, but some advice:When team is really struggling on the field,it's NEVER good business to berate your fans. Be grateful for the ones that stayed, and work to make the others come back.
"Scolding" them rarely results in anything but resentment.

l played on a lot of football teams (albeit before smart phones), but I cannot imagine a player (especially an experienced player) doing anything like this before the game. Every guy I ever played with either was listening to music, puking, having nervous $hits, checking their gear or their tape, looking at a scouting report or just quietly walking through the game in their heads. And any guy who was being counterproductive to this, learned pretty quickly from team leaders what the expectations were.

l played on a lot of football teams (albeit before smart phones), but I cannot imagine a player (especially an experienced player) doing anything like this before the game. Every guy I ever played with either was listening to music, puking, having nervous $hits, checking their gear or their tape, looking at a scouting report or just quietly walking through the game in their heads.

The truth!

The kid's right.....you guys are pathetic. I've watched this board blow up all season and I think everybody needs to get a grip. What's up with all of the bandwagon fans? I've been a Card fan for a long time...watched Brett Farve break our hearts in the old baseball stadium....sat through a hurricane to watch the Cards pull off what was then our greatest upset...helped tear down the goalposts too ;-)
I had season tickets and helped by donating to the building of the new stadium.....I always sat in my seat to support the team--good or bad--until the final snap. Sure it was often frustrating and sometimes I was really tired of losing....but I never forgot that I was a fan....my job was to support the players who sacrifice so much for my entertainment....not the coaches, not the AD, but the University and the players.

I now live in Colorado and cannot attend the games, but I still pay extra cash so I can watch the teams play and I still watch til the end---sometimes the bitter end. These kids deserve fans in the seats, they deserve to know that we support them no matter what.
Lamar wasn't chastising him, he was encouraging him to soldier on
Valvano...you're quoting Valvano? Hell half of you have vilified him countless times for his comments.

All I can say is I'll be watching no matter what....if I could get to Louisville, I'd gladly take the tickets of the fair weather fans that choose to stay home. If the stadium is blue for the final game, then shame on you.

It's L1C4, not L1 if they're winning

The kid's right.....you guys are pathetic. I've watched this board blow up all season and I think everybody needs to get a grip. What's up with all of the bandwagon fans? I've been a Card fan for a long time...watched Brett Farve break our hearts in the old baseball stadium....sat through a hurricane to watch the Cards pull off what was then our greatest upset...helped tear down the goalposts too ;-)
I had season tickets and helped by donating to the building of the new stadium.....I always sat in my seat to support the team--good or bad--until the final snap. Sure it was often frustrating and sometimes I was really tired of losing....but I never forgot that I was a fan....my job was to support the players who sacrifice so much for my entertainment....not the coaches, not the AD, but the University and the players.

I now live in Colorado and cannot attend the games, but I still pay extra cash so I can watch the teams play and I still watch til the end---sometimes the bitter end. These kids deserve fans in the seats, they deserve to know that we support them no matter what.
Lamar wasn't chastising him, he was encouraging him to soldier on
Valvano...you're quoting Valvano? Hell half of you have vilified him countless times for his comments.

All I can say is I'll be watching no matter what....if I could get to Louisville, I'd gladly take the tickets of the fair weather fans that choose to stay home. If the stadium is blue for the final game, then shame on you.

2467084.jpg

Don't call me a troll....Like I said, I've supported UL for a long time.....1996 graduate with my MA in Education. I've chosen to ignore most of the vitriol on this board....including a bunch of BS from you....my dad always said if you've got nothing nice to say, just don't. After awhile though I guess some of you guys just need to be called out. BTW wilkie...assuming you've got tickets--and I don't know why I do---put your money where your mouth is....I'll gladly make the flight to Louisville for the Kentucky game, how bout donating your's?

Reactions: jmac1029
Don't call me a troll....Like I said, I've supported UL for a long time.....1996 graduate with my MA in Education. I've chosen to ignore most of the vitriol on this board....including a bunch of BS from you....my dad always said if you've got nothing nice to say, just don't. After awhile though I guess some of you guys just need to be called out. BTW wilkie...assuming you've got tickets--and I don't know why I do---put your money where your mouth is....I'll gladly make the flight to Louisville for the Kentucky game, how bout donating your's?

Its UofL

And your screen name is general knight? I call BS.

Opps my bad, didn't know you were the post police....how about the University of Louisville....you guys are rich....if someone doesn't agree with you, instead of an argument you stoop to trying to belittle and question their credentials.....good luck with that.
I stand by my post

Reactions: jmac1029
Maybe the lack of people at the Card March got to him and he couldn’t wait until later to send the tweet...idk.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
Opps my bad, didn't know you were the post police....how about the University of Louisville....you guys are rich....if someone doesn't agree with you, instead of an argument you stoop to trying to belittle and question their credentials.....good luck with that.
I stand by my post

Where did i belittle you nick Petrino errrr knight.

If you paid attention youd realize UofL is 10-14 since beating BC 52-7.
8 wins against P5 schools.
1-13 against ranked teams.
Had the Heisman winner and couldn't win 10 games if not more

Has to hire family as coaches because no one eles will coach under him.

Lets talk about todays debacle.
Defense g up 49 points in 3 quarters.
WF just ran the same 3 plays. No adjustments.

He has a quarterback with the mechanics of a high school freshman DESPITE being in the program for 3 years.

He is sandbagging to guarantee his 14 million. He can hav it. He'll never coach here again.

Fans will stick by you when lose 23-13 like Brohm did today. His team competed for 60 minutes.

UofL competed for 10.........

Reactions: Cue Card
@KerryRhodes Don't even bother. I'm done arguing with fans who are belittling other fans and being the police on determining who is an isn't a "real" fan. If you're still supporting Petrino or you're biggest issue right now is fans not showing up to the games then I have nothing left for you.

We're all frustrated. We're all fans here. If you've taken the time to be on here you're either a fan or a pathetic troll. Fans don't want to go to the game...don't. You paid for the tickets, do what you want. Don't want to spend your hard earn money to waste half a day watching this team be ill prepared and play with absolutely no idea as what they're doing? Don't....don't blame you either. Want to go to the game? Good on you too.

I just absolutely hate this idea that there's a definition of what a real fan is....like I said, if you're on here you're either a fan or a troll.

The players are looking for others to motivate them, that is never a good thing. The fans that attend wanted to cheer for the players but the team gave them nothing to cheer for the game was over in the 1st quarter.

Reactions: wilkie01
Congrats on your epic 15-14 beatdown of the Missouri Tigers in your best season ever.
My team got their ass kicked today.....get a life and support the team you claim to support otherwise STFU, tired of all of you bandwagon fans cluttering up this board

Glad you're a fan @general knight if you're a fan then there's no reason to be on here instigating. You would go to the games if you were here.....we get it. Ok. You're one of the few. Doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. If you're taking the time to care about the program, you're a fan.....trying to define different levels of fanhood is just dumb.

We're unhappy with everything about the program right now...a lot of fans choose to protest by not attending the game to send a message to the administration that the fans want change. Some fans go regardless of how bad the team sucks....both types are fans of the program.

He has a quarterback with the mechanics of a high school freshman DESPITE being in the program for 3 years.

He is sandbagging to guarantee his 14 million. He can hav it. He'll never coach here again.

Fans will stick by you when lose 23-13 like Brohm did today. His team competed for 60 minutes.

You miss my point....this thread isn't about poor coaching or what we think the staff should do.....it's about supporting the kids that work their asses off and put it out there on the field every day. If you don't want to pay for a seat, then so be it. But if you've paid for your seat and you ass isn't in it....then you disrespect their work....that's what the tweet was about and if some of you fair weather fans can't take that heat the hell with you

Glad you're a fan @general knight if you're a fan then there's no reason to be on here instigating. You would go to the games if you were here.....we get it. Ok. You're one of the few. Doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. If you're taking the time to care about the program, you're a fan.....trying to define different levels of fanhood is just dumb.

We're unhappy with everything about the program right now...a lot of fans choose to protest by not attending the game to send a message to the administration that the fans want change. Some fans go regardless of how bad the team sucks....both types are fans of the program.
Wrong!!! It's about the kids....grow up. If you think that way, then you will never be a Nebraska or a Michigan, or any other proud program.....living out of the area I've gotta say, the team doesn't embarrass as much as the fans do.

You miss my point....this thread isn't about poor coaching or what we think the staff should do.....it's about supporting the kids that work their asses off and put it out there on the field every day. If you don't want to pay for a seat, then so be it. But if you've paid for your seat and you ass isn't in it....then you disrespect their work....that's what the tweet was about and if some of you fair weather fans can't take that heat the hell with you

SOME of the players are working their asses off, others are busy tweeting 2 hrs before a game or proclaiming to be better than the defending champions Secondary, or dropping passes, missing blocks, assignments, calls, passes.

Some players have mailed it in.
The Head Coach mailed it in long ago.

You shouldn't be shocked nor insult fans who mail it in.

This is stupid. We've been in a downfall since Houston of 2016, just because we're fed up (and so are fans outside of this board, obviously, look at the attendance) doesn't mean at all that we are "bandwagoners" and only cheer when we win. If we were bandwagoners then we wouldn't have stuck through this crap for 2 years now. And since you've "watched this board blow up," you would know we've been saying Bobby has needed to go for a long time now.

Open your eyes, clearly they are closed!

Saying that we are bandwagoners and never have a right to be mad at the staff/team is the easiest cop out possible. Come up with something better!

I don't think anyone, especially players, should question fans support. The fans pay the money and time to attend games. No program is immune to poor performing teams, it happens all over in college football. When that happens attendance declines. That isn't unique to Louisville. Find me any team that is 2-6 with no wins against a power 5 team whose stadium is sold out. You won't find one. Cardmarch is at 9:30 and the team is a huge disappointment shocked he is surprised.

You are right it is all about the players they get the coaches fired not fans. The players are what the fans come to watch. The reality is if their performance is worth the time and money people will come and coaches will keep their jobs. This player hurt his own draft stock because he is worrying about something he can't control instead of focusing on what he can control...his and his teams performance neither of which has been good.

A player never wins in this situation hopefully he learns because the professional world is much more challenging.

Given that I created the thread, the point is to question the focus and leadership on the team immediately prior to the game.

UL sucks this year end of story. It's one year. I came even remember the last time UL has sucked. Krags I guess. UL will get through this and hire another coach and be right back in the mix and UK will be back to sucking after this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT