ADVERTISEMENT

LSU disinterested LOL

tluck28

300+
Oct 7, 2016
I just read on a comment posted by a tigers fan. He said something along the lines, "I just hope the tigers don't come out disinterested against the cards".

If I am not mistaken, wasn't it U of L who was in the hunt for a playoff bid all year (not LSU)? Isn't it U of L with the Heisman front runner (not LSU)???? Isn't half the defense for U of L off to the league (not LSU)?

Seems to me that I could see the Cards coming out disinterested against the Tigers. The cards sure looked uninterested when they played the mighty Cats, hell, even in the Houston game.

I saw infighting, most likely due to all the Heisman hype surrounding LJ, and I suspect some of the players were getting tired of it. That would explain 11 sacks given up in 1 game against a team that frankly wasn't THAT good. Houston was decent but not 11 sacks in 1 game good without some type of internal issue at play.

Don't get me wrong. LJ deserves the Heisman and should win it, but I'm tired of hearing about it every second of every game. I imagine his teammates are a bit put out too. Just play the game. Prove the award is worthy.

I saw infighting, most likely due to all the Heisman hype surrounding LJ, and I suspect some of the players were getting tired of it. That would explain 11 sacks given up in 1 game against a team that frankly wasn't THAT good. Houston was decent but not 11 sacks in 1 game good without some type of internal issue at play.

Don't get me wrong. LJ deserves the Heisman and should win it, but I'm tired of hearing about it every second of every game. I imagine his teammates are a bit put out too. Just play the game. Prove the award is worthy.

Players dont control the media.
Players, especially the offense should view it as , he doesnt win it without us, and im sure Lamar will say as much saturday.
I know Brandon was pissed because Lamar pulled the ball on the wrong reads.

I'll always believe the Heisman had more to do with our last two games, and to a degree with the last half of the season, than we will ever know.

There were exchange problems and fumbles numerous times. I mentioned the term "ball hog" and was blown off.

When me and you are looking at the same thing (read option) and I see a hole, and expect the ball, and you try to jerk it away, causing ME to fumble and get reamed on national TV? Yeah I'm gonna be p!$$ed.

Hopefully all that has been hashed out and they can concentrate on whipping LSU.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I just read on a comment posted by a tigers fan. He said something along the lines, "I just hope the tigers don't come out disinterested against the cards".

If I am not mistaken, wasn't it U of L who was in the hunt for a playoff bid all year (not LSU)? Isn't it U of L with the Heisman front runner (not LSU)???? Isn't half the defense for U of L off to the league (not LSU)?

Seems to me that I could see the Cards coming out disinterested against the Tigers. The cards sure looked uninterested when they played the mighty Cats, hell, even in the Houston game.

Well of course. I'm so sick of this shit. If LSU loses, it's because the Cardinals are better. If UofL loses, then LSU is better. To hell with this disinterested shit. No excuses!!!!!!!

Well, if any of this is true, the Cards football program has a long way to go. No way a top level program has jealous or vindictive teammates that causes losses. I personally don't see it. Sure, the RB's may have been frustrated with some of Lamar's reads just like the rest of the team were frustrated with RB fumbles. With so much to play for against Houston and UK, I just can't believe teammates didn't give their all because Lamar was getting all the hype. Like I said, if true, there will be no playoff with this group of players.

There was indeed something not right after the Clemson game. I think it was a couple of things. One, our depth, especially on defense was exposed big time. This is another thing the program needs to strengthen to become a elite program. Guys played too many minutes and could not match the energy of Houston and UK who had it in spades. Also, I think complacency got to the coaches, especially Bobby Petrino. The play calling was suspect once teams concentrated totally on Lamar. We never took the pressure off of him and at the same time take advantage of defenses keying so much on one player. Petrino stuck with what had worked thinking it would suffice through the regular season. It didn't and it was seen in games against Duke, Virginia and Wake.

Way back in September I recall Finebaum on ESPN say that Petrino would regret playing Houston so late in the season. At the time I flipped the SEC putz the finger but today I believe he was right. Louisville had already played the two teams it would be ready to play in FSU and Clemson and by the end of the season, injuries and other things raise their ugly head leading to upsets. We see "chaos" every season at that time. Cards might have been able to survive this if the last two games were Charlotte and Marshall. Trade those game dates with UK and Houston and I think we would be sitting at 11-1.

Reactions: SoulSr
I don't know if that's what happened, but something threw a wrench in the spokes.

We went from a scoring machine, to looking like a monkey effin a football.

I hope whatever it is/was, I hope it's long gone.

We heard the same crap when we beat them several years ago. The rest of the SEC said they were disinterested since the were not in the natty. Their coach said they played their hearts out and were exhausted and crying in the locker room. Get used to dealing with the SEC as an ACC member brothers.

If you remember last year they tried to pair Louisville vs LSU in the Bowl game last year. LSU refused the matchup saying they wanted to face a team that had more prestige than Louisville.

Wonder how much of that was the thinking of the late, not so great Les Myles and his brand of arrogance?

I'll always believe the Heisman had more to do with our last two games, and to a degree with the last half of the season, than we will ever know.

There were exchange problems and fumbles numerous times. I mentioned the term "ball hog" and was blown off.

When me and you are looking at the same thing (read option) and I see a hole, and expect the ball, and you try to jerk it away, causing ME to fumble and get reamed on national TV? Yeah I'm gonna be p!$$ed.

Hopefully all that has been hashed out and they can concentrate on whipping LSU.
agree with you 100%

There is a loser slap d@ck over on pussy lair pretending to be an LSU fan and trolling hard. Do these pussy cats have lives ?

LSU is a mediocre team against the mediocre team who had their coach fired. Louisville better be ready to perform against the third mediocre team in a row.

I'll tell you why I don't buy this crap. LSU has lost four freaking games. They weren't in the running for the title and got left out and now don't care. Ha.

To me, that might be an excuse Alabama could use in 2008 when they were in the running for a title but then lost to Florida in the title game and had to play Utah as a runner-up and it showed that they didn't really care.

But this is stupid considering LSU has been behind Louisville for some time.

Reactions: American Male
I'll tell you why I don't buy this crap. LSU has lost four freaking games. They weren't in the running for the title and got left out and now don't care. Ha.

To me, that might be an excuse Alabama could use in 2008 when they were in the running for a title but then lost to Florida in the title game and had to play Utah as a runner-up and it showed that they didn't really care.

But this is stupid considering LSU has been behind Louisville for some time.

They're SEC, we're going to hear it anyway. The Cards trailed off and couldn't even beat an SEC nobody in the Cayuts. Louisville is happy with their Heisman and happy t be there, for LSU this is a down year and don't be surprised if they're unfocused or even preparing for next year/the NFL.

That's what we'll hear. I don't give a damn, H2H, best team wins. No excuses!

When I said LSU would play the "uninterested" card IF we beat them, I was told I was an idiot and should keep up with the latest from the talking heads and ESPN.

The $EC is going to spin a loss to whoever they play. They don't stay the best conference in the known universe by losing. Unless they can spin it.

I'm convincing myself that the early season Cards are gonna show in this one even though the D has taken an unfortunate hit.

An FSU/NCST/WF/BC type beatdown would be hard to spin. ;)

c6ba2e3fdaf21790b23ae8064daee92d.jpg

Uh, why even give this any credence on your home board, anybody who has actually followed college football for a hot second this season eye rolls a LSU fan for this nonsense!!! The score tells the tale, there's always a lot of different excuses for the losing team besides simply admitting defeat. The better team never has to have an excuse because "They Won"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT