ADVERTISEMENT

LPT Season Ticket Sales...

I was at the Louisville-BC game.

I am part of the problem.

I lingered around the buffet instead of heading to my seat for the kickoff. I'm sorry.

It was a rainy, gloomy day, and a tough win. I remember looking around at the stands in the 3rd quarter and thinking how great it was so many of our fans had come out knowing bad weather was a certainty, and that so many had stayed. Granted, there were empty seats, but as a first-hand eye witness, I'm going to side with UofL on the announced attendance numbers.

But judge for yourself... Below, if my imaging posting works, are 2 pics I took right before the start of the 2nd quarter.

The first pic appears to be coming from the same direction as the pic from the UK fan, only to me, it looks like there are a lot more people:
13330980_10209676669817292_1476263554623516952_n.jpg

2nd pic, shows one of the endzones with the scoreboard. You also get a feel of how crowded our section was:

13321748_10209676659457033_7256569790634438186_n.jpg

Kentucky fans always seem to think UofL football crowds are less than reported. Some UofL fans, too. It's an optical illusion caused mainly by the chair back seating. One empty seat out of every 5 in PJCS looks like there are a ton of empty seats - because people actually occupy their one seat. They don't spread out to occupy 1.25 seats each.

One empty seat out of 5 in a stadium with bleachers looks mostly full, because people spread out to take 1.25 seats.

Catfan tried his best to change the subject. There is a thread on UK ticket sales on the Wildcat Lair, and they are pretty gloomy about it. Even UKErik admits the product has not been worthy. Did not see our friend Catfan posting over there. Curious.

From reading their forum, I think the downsizing of the stadium has also hurt UK fans' team spirit. In the past, fans had seats next to friends they had made at the games for years and years. Now everyone got moved, and most people, to worse seats than they had before. It's all a money making scheme to create artificial demand for the best seats and then raise ticket prices.

UK's 2016 Spring Game is a perfect example of Barnhart playing the "symbolism game" with attendance numbers. I was not there, but I listened to the radio broadcast and heard Mitch on the halftime interview say the crowd was 20k. Mitch was obviously unaware that Dave Baker had already acknoweledged that "free tickets" had been delivered to all of the Fayetteville County schools in an effort to encourage attendance, and he estimated the crowd at 10K to 12K. Interestingly the local media confirmed to 10k to 12k, but the Sunday CJ accepted Mitch's 20K figure.

UK officials, Frankfort and the CJ are acutely aware of the decline they are experiencing in the Commonwealth, particularly in contrast to UL. Aside from Men's basketball .......... UK accomplishments in sports are inferior to not only UL, but WKU and EKU are starting to challenge the cats in Football and Title IX sports.

In addition to what 233 reports above. they are very, very concerned about the University of Louisville's growing "research and academic" reputation. I believe this is the driving force behind the "bot" issues at UofL. Just my own opinion.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

UL did the same last year. I believe it was the Virginia game (it was raining) and the crowd was announced to have been in the mid-upper 40's but on TV there were maybe 40-50 people sitting in each of the lower sections
Unlike you, I was AT the game; I thought the attendance was underreported. At PJCS, there are a lot of areas (premium seating) that you can watch the action indoors, or under the stands, and covered areas on the party deck. Oscar Coombs admitted on the radio a couple of years ago that uk counts every one in the stadium; players coaches, ball boys, cheerleaders, TV reports etc. to get those #'s up. UL's policy in all sports it the turnstile count. Like it or hate it, that is the way it is.

Unlike you, I was AT the game; I thought the attendance was underreported. At PJCS, there are a lot of areas (premium seating) that you can watch the action indoors, or under the stands, and covered areas on the party deck. Oscar Coombs admitted on the radio a couple of years ago that uk counts every one in the stadium; players coaches, ball boys, cheerleaders, TV reports etc. to get those #'s up. UL's policy in all sports it the turnstile count. Like it or hate it, that is the way it is.
I was wondering if anyone was going to note that policy. FWIW, UK holds the Freedom Hall basketball attendance record thanks to their count policy.

Peace

They are saving their money for 2017. Haven't you heard - it's the year they finally get it together.

Slightly OT here, but my suggestion for the next LPT stadium renovation is steel bench removal and full chairback seating. They can try to justify a big ticket price increase and they'll get a backdoor reduction in capacity which they need--again--to around 55,000. That's more than enough seating for them long term.

LPT Football: Chasing the decline...

Reactions: Mayoman
I learned a lot from reading the UK thread about this topic. UK was a few dropped passes from going 7-5 last year. And Stoops is Frank Beamer in-waiting.

Reactions: zipp
Yeah, funny haw that ish always cuts one way... They were also a few plays away from 3-9.

Ask Eastern Kentucky.

LPT Football: Fantasyland...

I learned a lot from reading the UK thread about this topic. UK was a few dropped passes from going 7-5 last year. And Stoops is Frank Beamer in-waiting.
He's already moved pass Beamer- they have another thread going with serious discussion comparing him to Fulmer at Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT